Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

So I'll be attending my first wedding in May. Never been to one before and I'm anticipated epic boring times. Mine is the only invitation that says "Michael + partner" on it. Thank you for making my single life so partonising!

Despite that, my mum is pushing me to invite a female friend along. Why would I want to take someone who doesn't know these people to their wedding? I barely know them myself! What to do, what to do....
^ I've never been to a wedding before either. I just got invited to one last month by an old acquaintance/classmate, and was kinda freaking out about it until I realized the year was for 2013. :rolleyes: Glad they're planning ahead, but why send out invites if it's not going to be for another year? It was over FB, but still.

So I have a year to consider it. I'll most likely go, since I've never been to one. Although, there are going to be over 100 people there, and I hardly know any of them. :S I might bring a friend along just so I don't have to go alone, that is if I don't have a partner by then, which I most likely won't. I do not plan on dancing though. Nope, no way, not a chance in the world.

coyote

What! Take someone?! How does she expect you to hook up with a lonely lady at the wedding if you take someone? Pfft! Moms, always trying to ruin your game and get in the way of a chance for one night of passion.

I was chatting to someone at work about it and they think meeting other single girls there might be the way to go, and I think that's going to happen. I might take my own car so I can leave early if I want to.

i tried this a couple of times

unfortunately, i was the groom

silly rules

Last edited:

Vampayah88

Another thing to obsess about now and beat myself over it again and again. 2 days ago my teacher asked me if a used a 'tripod' for the project i made, i didn't understand and really hear the word he said because i was distracted so I was like "what? whats that?" Fvck now i feel so incredibly stupid. He started laughing with the other teacher and said "well then its clear u didnt use one since u dont even know what it is". Then i realised what he meant and was like "Oh u mean the thing u put ur camera on."

I'm just facepalming myself over this over and over, I don't know much about photo and video cameras in general but i think i should have known immediatly what that word meant? why am I so clueless sometimes? now i just can't stop thinking about it.

AsTimeBurns

My random discovery for the day: Interruption science is actually a thing. Apparently. People get paid to do some pretty weird stuff.

I'd say that's fairly true what they say about office workers and distractions. I have 2 screens and that's not even enough really. I am constantly switching between:

Emails
Code
Local website
Development website
Live website
Intranet
Random internet browsing
File manager
Job logging system
User database system
Other user database system
etc...

And I am always getting distracted and probably only do about half the amount of work I should be doing.

lonely_drummer

Im psyching myself up to meet up with my parents for supper tonight, well my mom, I doubt my dad will go too and risk having to look at me. Too many dang questions are going to be asked. I always feel so defenceless against them, they always find something to put me down with. Maybe I can ask to sit at a different table then them, lol

Shyangel

Im psyching myself up to meet up with my parents for supper tonight, well my mom, I doubt my dad will go too and risk having to look at me. Too many dang questions are going to be asked. I always feel so defenceless against them, they always find something to put me down with. Maybe I can ask to sit at a different table then them, lol

I'm sorry, Drummer, that sounds tough. I know how parents can be sometimes.
I have no idea why they are so ruthless and judgmental.
Your a cool guy, Drummer, and you have alot going for you. Don't let any make you think other wise.

lonely_drummer

I'm sorry, Drummer, that sounds tough. I know how parents can be sometimes.
I have no idea why they are so ruthless and judgmental.
Your a cool guy, Drummer, and you have alot going for you. Don't let any make you think other wise.

thanks angel! I try not to let them bother me too much. They've been giving me a hard time since I've decided to choose a career in music rather than Physics but I always try and let them know that Physics isn't out the equation, I might go back to it later, I just feel like living right NOW. My mom tries to be pretty supportive which doesn't surprise me. Me and her have always been fairly close but I can still see that she doesn't fully get it. I don't want to be ilke everyone I went to school with. Graduate, get a nice shinny career, get married, get kids and then realize how I should have lived when I was young. Im only 24, still got lots of life left. I still study everyday as if I was still in school. Physics and Astronomy are just as much of an obsession as music is to me. I like it now because I learn everything I want to learn, at my own pace, my own way, plus Ive been going back through some of the course work I did in my Undergraduates degree, like some of the material I was not so strong in, to help me better understand things, mainly maths and stuff. Im more of a theoretical type. Was always horrible in the lab, like Oppenheimer was lol. STOP, I'm babbling too much now

Shyangel

thanks angel! I try not to let them bother me too much. They've been giving me a hard time since I've decided to choose a career in music rather than Physics but I always try and let them know that Physics isn't out the equation, I might go back to it later, I just feel like living right NOW. My mom tries to be pretty supportive which doesn't surprise me. Me and her have always been fairly close but I can still see that she doesn't fully get it. I don't want to be ilke everyone I went to school with. Graduate, get a nice shinny career, get married, get kids and then realize how I should have lived when I was young. Im only 24, still got lots of life left. I still study everyday as if I was still in school. Physics and Astronomy are just as much of an obsession as music is to me. I like it now because I learn everything I want to learn, at my own pace, my own way, plus Ive been going back through some of the course work I did in my Undergraduates degree, like some of the material I was not so strong in, to help me better understand things, mainly maths and stuff. Im more of a theoretical type. Was always horrible in the lab, like Oppenheimer was lol. STOP, I'm babbling too much now

No, that was all very interesting. You seem like a smart guy with a good head on your shoulder, can't understand what your parents have to complain about. I totally understand how you feel about not wanting to wast the best time in your life in a class room. what your doing makes sense. Live your life now, do what you enjoy, gain life experience. After all is said and done you will be better off and enjoyed your life the way you wanted to. I would keep doing what your doing, Drummer. I think what your doing makes more sense then the traditional way. I'm kinda in the same place right now.

DeadmanWalking

^ "Multitasking is worse for your ability to concentrate than getting stoned."

That explains why I can't hold my concentration on my work::p:! I'm always getting distracted and letting my mind wander!

On a side note, Deadman's going to try to be more healthy from now on. I'm going to cut down on the sweets and (try to) not eat as much! I've been putting it off, but I'll be going to the gym one day soon, like real soon. I want to shed some lbs and get some fancy muscles to show off:cool:!

MikeyC

on the topic of weddings my sister is getting married next month and being maid of honour I have to give a speech. Haven't started writing it and have been dreading it since the day she announced her engagement (almost 2 years ago now!)

ugh public speaking terrifies me
Public speaking is very terrifying! My advice is keep it short - under 2 minutes - and just say what you write and nothing more. It'll be over before you know it.

^ I've never been to a wedding before either. I just got invited to one last month by an old acquaintance/classmate, and was kinda freaking out about it until I realized the year was for 2013. :rolleyes: Glad they're planning ahead, but why send out invites if it's not going to be for another year? It was over FB, but still.

So I have a year to consider it. I'll most likely go, since I've never been to one. Although, there are going to be over 100 people there, and I hardly know any of them. :S I might bring a friend along just so I don't have to go alone, that is if I don't have a partner by then, which I most likely won't. I do not plan on dancing though. Nope, no way, not a chance in the world.
Hmm, you have no excuse not to attend now, if it's that far in advance. Bring a friend along most definitely just so you have a buffer there if things get awkward with others. I'm not dancing, either...unless they want me to pick an inanimate object as my partner. Haha.

i tried this a couple of times

unfortunately, i was the groom

silly rules
Hindsight would've told you to hit on some of the bridesmaids!

You're younger than me so you've got loads and loads of time on your hands to pursue physics. Music is your current and big passion and it takes priority. I can understand why your parents would be fretting about it but you have to believe in what you're doing and that's all that matters. I'm sure my parents, especially my mum, frets about me on some issues. All that matters is that you enjoy and are passionate about what you're doing, which you are, so keep making some great tunes and express yourself! :)

On a side note, Deadman's going to try to be more healthy from now on. I'm going to cut down on the sweets and (try to) not eat as much! I've been putting it off, but I'll be going to the gym one day soon, like real soon. I want to shed some lbs and get some fancy muscles to show off:cool:!
I try to be more healthy all the time. Exercise is not the issue, it's my diet. It's beyond poor. I need to have your motivation, Deadman. Lend me some! I hope you can get the buff body you want!

Shyangel

Your great the way you are, but it that's what you want, best of luck to you.
Your a better man then me, I wouldn't even attempt to live with out my junk.
That sounds like a sad unflavorful life. lol

Shyangel

Random thought: I would like to get a tattoo. A part of a song lyric that really means so much to me.

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo at some point to. I can't decide what, though. It's so hard to make up your mind on an image that's going to be attached to you for the rest of your life. It's definitely something I'm going to get at some point, though. Tattoos seem beautiful and symbolic.

pop-princess

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo at some point to. I can't decide what, though. It's so hard to make up your mind on an image that's going to be attached to you for the rest of your life. It's definitely something I'm going to get at some point, though. Tattoos seem beautiful and symbolic.

Yes definitely :) I have some ideas but not totally sure but is has to be something unique and meaningful. No offence to anyone but I don't understand people who copy celebrities tattoo's just because they "look nice or cool".