Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

What's on your mind, Mikey boy?
Maybe I can help? ( I doubt it)
It's cool. Just one of the bigger things is the imminent death of my grandmother. We will have to clean out her house and that's going to take a very long time. Apparently she has a gold-plated coffee set worth a lot of money, a working Betacord player, a working TV from the 70's, among other things.

It's just blurgh. Not nice to think about.

Shyangel

It's cool. Just one of the bigger things is the imminent death of my grandmother. We will have to clean out her house and that's going to take a very long time. Apparently she has a gold-plated coffee set worth a lot of money, a working Betacord player, a working TV from the 70's, among other things.

It's just blurgh. Not nice to think about.

Oh my god, Mikey, I'm so sorry about that.....All that sounds like it would be exhausting to handle after going through something so rough. That's nice that she has so many things of value they could be things remember her by, or help you in a financial bind. Either way I'm sure she would be glad someone had them.
I wish you guys the best of luck and comfort in dealing with this crisis.

Lots of love and big hugs.

MikeyC

I got Valentine's flowers!

*happy dance*
Well...I guess you won't be wanting mine, then. :'(

Oh my god, Mikey, I'm so sorry about that.....All that sounds like it would be exhausting to handle after going through something so rough. That's nice that she has so many things of value they could be things remember her by, or help you in a financial bind. Either way I'm sure she would be glad someone had them.
I wish you guys the best of luck and comfort in dealing with this crisis.

Lots of love and big hugs.
It's not really a "crisis" because I have seen this coming for the past two years or more, with her physical health deteriorating slowly. Now she's in hospital for the umpteenth time and it looks like this one will be extended, probably for the rest of her life. It's her birthday on the 16th and she probably won't even remember it, she's that confused.

It's just a really weird time concerning her, I guess. Cleaning out her house will probably make the whole thing hit home, but that's not until later in the year.

Shyangel

Well...I guess you won't be wanting mine, then. :'(

It's not really a "crisis" because I have seen this coming for the past two years or more, with her physical health deteriorating slowly. Now she's in hospital for the umpteenth time and it looks like this one will be extended, probably for the rest of her life. It's her birthday on the 16th and she probably won't even remember it, she's that confused.

It's just a really weird time concerning her, I guess. Cleaning out her house will probably make the whole thing hit home, but that's not until later in the year.

Ahh, that's still sad and I'm sorry your having to deal with that.
She's been in and out of the hospital, that's hard to deal with. It's kind of a emotional roller coaster when things get like that. My dad is randomly in, then randomly out of the hospital because of his seizures. I know how that is.
It's not something that's fun to deal with.

That's good that you wont have to worry about the house cleaning for awhile.:)

I hope things get easier for you, Mikey. I wish you the best.

MikeyC

Ahh, that's still sad and I'm sorry your having to deal with that.
She's been in and out of the hospital, that's hard to deal with. It's kind of a emotional roller coaster when things get like that. My dad is randomly in, then randomly out of the hospital because of his seizures. I know how that is.
It's not something that's fun to deal with.

That's good that you wont have to worry about the house cleaning for awhile.:)

I hope things get easier for you, Mikey. I wish you the best.
Yeah, the seizures would be really bad - even worse than this. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Thanks, Shy. :)

I think it's time to look up some funny ragecomics and memes on the internet! Although I have no chocolate to accompany me. Wah.

Shyangel

Yeah, the seizures would be really bad - even worse than this. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Thanks, Shy. :)

I think it's time to look up some funny ragecomics and memes on the internet! Although I have no chocolate to accompany me. Wah.

Awww, no chocolate! Dang! That all sounds like fun though.
What's a meme?:confused: I love stupid funny comic strips, I don't look at them much, though.

MikeyC

So I'll be attending my first wedding in May. Never been to one before and I'm anticipated epic boring times. Mine is the only invitation that says "Michael + partner" on it. Thank you for making my single life so partonising!

Despite that, my mum is pushing me to invite a female friend along. Why would I want to take someone who doesn't know these people to their wedding? I barely know them myself! What to do, what to do....

lonely_drummer

So I'll be attending my first wedding in May. Never been to one before and I'm anticipated epic boring times. Mine is the only invitation that says "Michael + partner" on it. Thank you for making my single life so partonising!

Despite that, my mum is pushing me to invite a female friend along. Why would I want to take someone who doesn't know these people to their wedding? I barely know them myself! What to do, what to do....

thats tough man. Ive never been to one myself either but Im trying to keep it that way lol

MikeyC

thats tough man. Ive never been to one myself either but Im trying to keep it that way lol
That's good. I've never been to one either, but this one in May will be my first. Mum said everyone has to get up and dance. Uh, not me, because I'll likely be the only single one there. ::p:

MsBuzzkillington

What! Take someone?! How does she expect you to hook up with a lonely lady at the wedding if you take someone? Pfft! Moms, always trying to ruin your game and get in the way of a chance for one night of passion.

But, I will be your date if she insists you take someone!

Aletheia

little things

... some researchers of laboratory and field studies on helping have found, in general, that men are more helpful than women... a man's inclination to do hard work and willingness to take on duty and responsibilities, virtues traditionally celebrated as masculine, may be shaped into a strong motivation not only for improving performance but also for caring for others in a disciplined way.... It may be that some of the helpful tasks performed by men are motivated by the presence of an audience to some degree, but it is not so that their accomplishments may be recognized, but instead their affections.

(Narges L. Horriat, Tyler P. Madsen, and Matthew M. Okida, "Men and Affection: The Examination of Gender Roles and Masculine Traits as Factors Affecting Male Affectional Expression and the Identification of Distinct Male Expressional Styles")

Last edited:

Shyangel

That site seems hilarious, by the way.
I finely know what a meme is....I'm still a bit confused, but I think I might have a clue now.:D

I'm happy for the lucky couple. I hope everything works out for them.
It sounds like fun to go to a wedding to me, Mikey, but I understand with everyone looking at you as the only single guy how it could be other wise.

If there's someone you've been interested in maybe you should use the opportunity to get to know them? You might as well take advantage of this chance if there someone you've been eyeing, it could be worth the risk. I say go for it.;) It would maybe make the whole difficult situation worth while.

I'm sure you will have a great time, Mikey.:)

MikeyC

What! Take someone?! How does she expect you to hook up with a lonely lady at the wedding if you take someone? Pfft! Moms, always trying to ruin your game and get in the way of a chance for one night of passion.

But, I will be your date if she insists you take someone!
I was chatting to someone at work about it and they think meeting other single girls there might be the way to go, and I think that's going to happen. I might take my own car so I can leave early if I want to.

One night of passion? This is me we're talking about! ::p: Although if you do want to come you're more than welcome to!

That site seems hilarious, by the way.
I finely know what a meme is....I'm still a bit confused, but I think I might have a clue now.:D

I'm happy for the lucky couple. I hope everything works out for them.
It sounds like fun to go to a wedding to me, Mikey, but I understand with everyone looking at you as the only single guy how it could be other wise.

If there's someone you've been interested in maybe you should use the opportunity to get to know them? You might as well take advantage of this chance if there someone you've been eyeing, it could be worth the risk. I say go for it.;) It would maybe make the whole difficult situation worth while.

I'm sure you will have a great time, Mikey.:)
I'm glad you like that site.

There's nobody I can take. Literally nobody. Most of the girls I know are in relationships or are already married. There's two single girls I know, where one is my mate's ex and won't be happening, and the other is very toxic and someone I wouldn't dream of spending too much time with. So I'll have to wing it solo.

I hope I have a great time but I'm starting to doubt it, haha.

Shyangel

I was chatting to someone at work about it and they think meeting other single girls there might be the way to go, and I think that's going to happen. I might take my own car so I can leave early if I want to.

One night of passion? This is me we're talking about! ::p: Although if you do want to come you're more than welcome to!

I'm glad you like that site.

There's nobody I can take. Literally nobody. Most of the girls I know are in relationships or are already married. There's two single girls I know, where one is my mate's ex and won't be happening, and the other is very toxic and someone I wouldn't dream of spending too much time with. So I'll have to wing it solo.

I hope I have a great time but I'm starting to doubt it, haha.

Okay, Mikey, whatever works for ya. I'm sure it will all workout and you'll have a great time. Maybe you'll even meet a lady. I wouldn't be surprised with a personality like yours.:):)

MikeyC

Okay, Mikey, whatever works for ya. I'm sure it will all workout and you'll have a great time. Maybe you'll even meet a lady. I wouldn't be surprised with a personality like yours.:):)
Haha that all remains to be seen but meeting a girl would make the experience a lot better. Thanks heaps, that's very sweet of you. ::eek::

totoro

on the topic of weddings my sister is getting married next month and being maid of honour I have to give a speech. Haven't started writing it and have been dreading it since the day she announced her engagement (almost 2 years ago now!)

ugh public speaking terrifies me