Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

I was just wondering. I came into a new school, a new society just three weeks ago and feel so out of place. I get that it is natural, however I have a feeling that won't change. Will I ever be able to get close to the people that have known each other for a year already? Or will I always be the outcast? I don't know if I'm actually looking for an exact answer here, since I know no-one can give me one. But I'm just so scared I will feel this alone forever.
This could be your chance to make some friends! Be friendly with people around the school. Chat to someone who's by themselves and maybe you could have something in common.

I know that's easier said than done. I hope you do make some friends because you seem like such a sweet person. :)

polishgirl

This could be your chance to make some friends! Be friendly with people around the school. Chat to someone who's by themselves and maybe you could have something in common.

I know that's easier said than done. I hope you do make some friends because you seem like such a sweet person. :)

Thank you for the advice :) I know, I am trying my best, it's just it's not my first week... I feel like I have met everyone I am ever going to meet at this school. The first weeks should be a breakthrough, and I feel like I'm still in the same place :)

And thank you so much, that cheered me up! And right back at you, just as I mentioned earlier in some post, I appreciate your advice so much, you have been so helpful :)

MikeyC

Thank you for the advice :) I know, I am trying my best, it's just it's not my first week... I feel like I have met everyone I am ever going to meet at this school. The first weeks should be a breakthrough, and I feel like I'm still in the same place :)

And thank you so much, that cheered me up! And right back at you, just as I mentioned earlier in some post, I appreciate your advice so much, you have been so helpful :)
The first week is the one where you have to get used to your surroundings and what your life is going to be like. Now that all that's passed you can concentrate on just being who you are and hopefully you'll be accepted by a bunch of nice people at your school.

As you know, school is a difficult environment for making friends and keeping them. Not everyone is loyal to each other and it can be a real headache. At least it was for me, anyway, and I would hope you have no such troubles. :)

You're more than welcome. If you ever want to chat about anything, you know how to reach me.

Phoenixx

I was just wondering. I came into a new school, a new society just three weeks ago and feel so out of place. I get that it is natural, however I have a feeling that won't change. Will I ever be able to get close to the people that have known each other for a year already? Or will I always be the outcast? I don't know if I'm actually looking for an exact answer here, since I know no-one can give me one. But I'm just so scared I will feel this alone forever.
^ I know how you feel. Moving to a new school is always tough. I moved to NY when I was 10, and even though I didn't have SA then, it was still hard for me to fit in. I never fully fit in here either. Coming from the city to an extremely small rural town, people around here don't always accept you. While elementary school was fine for me, by high school everyone changed and I was teased quite a bit. I did have friends though in high school, even if some of those friends weren't exactly the best. I don't mean to dampen your spirits with my negative experiences, as it's different for everyone. I will say this though, the one place where I felt I truly belonged was in Yearbook club. When I joined, it was just something to do, I didn't think I'd stick with it. I was in it for 5 years, made co-editor in chief last year, was (and still am) friends with my advisor, and it was tons of fun. :) (Even though a couple of the people I worked with weren't the friendliest) My advice to you is to join a club or two, while also following Mikey's advice with being friendly. That's how you meet new people and make friends. Good luck! :)

KiaKaha

Banned
I have just realized that my anxiety disorder meet up group is being promoted by at least two profesional mental health agencies - EEP..! How the HELL did that happen? Thats getting a little bit serious...

MikeyC

I have just realized that my anxiety disorder meet up group is being promoted by at least two profesional mental health agencies - EEP..! How the HELL did that happen? Thats getting a little bit serious...
Is this a good thing?

KiaKaha

Banned
Is this a good thing?

erm... I dont want people thinking I actually have any idea what I am doing. I want to help, I just dont want to be responsible... I am not qualified to be responsible.

I wouldnt mind a few more females joining the group either... I dont want it to be a bunch of socially awkward guys.... LOL... I mean, you know.. that probably sounds a bit harsh.... just a nice equillibrium would be cool.

Man I am totally overthinking things. I need a break. I hope you are well Mikey.. I hope you are well ShyAngel...

I hope you are ALL of SPW is well godammit

Last edited:

Shyangel

The sky is beautiful. When I look at it bright blue and sun shinning. It inspires me to live my life. It reminds me of how lucky I am to be in this world and how many amazing things there are to experience. I truly do love it.

DeadmanWalking

erm... I dont want people thinking I actually have any idea what I am doing. I want to help, I just dont want to be responsible... I am not qualified to be responsible.

I wouldnt mind a few more females joining the group either... I dont want it to be a bunch of socially awkward guys.... LOL... I mean, you know.. that probably sounds a bit harsh.... just a nice equillibrium would be cool.

I'm sure that you know what you're doing. If you've attracted the attention of professional agencies, then your group must be working smoothly. The leadership position is tough, yes, but your members believe that you can do it and so do these companies:)! Keep it up!

On a side note, ShyKiwi, you~! You want some females in your group and Deadman knows why;)! So, can you think of any ways to attract the female audience?

SAM2011

Banned
The sky is beautiful. When I look at it bright blue and sun shinning. It inspires me to live my life. It reminds me of how lucky I am to be in this world and how many amazing things there are to experience. I truly do love it.

So true :) Life is a gift.

Shyangel

Man I am totally overthinking things. I need a break. I hope you are well Mikey.. I hope you are well ShyAngel...

I'm sure you would be great at helping people, trust yourself, you got this far. Hmmm, a group of socially awkward men, that doesn't sound like something a man would want to do on his weekend, but to each there own.:D

I'm doing just fine, Kiwi, bored and harassing you guys on here. I think you need a drink, buddy, to help you unwind a bit. it seems like your getting a bit violent.:D lol

KiaKaha

Banned
I'm sure that you know what you're doing. If you've attracted the attention of professional agencies, then your group must be working smoothly. The leadership position is tough, yes, but your members believe that you can do it and so do these companies:)! Keep it up!

On a side note, ShyKiwi, you~! You want some females in your group and Deadman knows why;)! So, can you think of any ways to attract the female audience?

LOL thanks, I just dont want it to appear as a bunch of guys that are completely socially awkward... thats sounds so awful doesnt it? there are quite a few females in there but a few more wouldnt hurt... for SUPPORT.... I am a professional. Thanks though - thats mighty kind for you to say so - its just a bit nerve wracking... I wouldnt mind entering the mental health profession actually.

Its mostly been females that have attended the group actually, but the member count there is more males than females...

Interesting.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I understand what you mean, mate. Places with too much testosterone can feel like a contest between all the men. Women do make any group more diverse and interesting. While it's not good to wish women having social phobia, hopefully more of them join.

You have some idea what you're doing, but remember you should only take as much as you can handle. Hopefully these people know that.

I really want to cross the ditch and meet you one day. I realise it might be awkward but you're just a cool guy with strong beliefs and I think you'd be interesting to chat to.