Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

I just did something really incredibly stupid. >.< This is why life needs an "undo" button.

....Well, at least I didn't pay anything completely extra.... Maybe I'll just save it for another psychology course. I'll probably take another because I find it so interesting, plus I need electives in the future anyway.

DeadmanWalking

I pulled off three fails in a row, back-to-back. I was walking to class today and it was raining. I have to go down a hill to get on the roadway to the buildings and I was wearing sandals and I slipped and fell::eek::. Then, as I was walking, I looked at my cell phone to see what time it was and it wasn't even time for class yet! I had, like, 30 more minutes before I had to start walking::p:! Then, when I finally reach class, there's barely anyone there because there was no class today:rolleyes:! Another day in the life of the Deadman, I suppose.

I just did something really incredibly stupid. >.< This is why life needs an "undo" button.

....Well, at least I didn't pay anything completely extra.... Maybe I'll just save it for another psychology course. I'll probably take another because I find it so interesting, plus I need electives in the future anyway.

What did you do? I take it is school related.

A couple days ago, I did something really stupid, too, but I'm kinda proud. :) I was video taping my drive home (don't ask why and yes, I know it's stupid) and I side swiped a pole. No harm done to person, car, or pole.

this_portrait

A bunch of my pants are loose in the waist now, and they never used to be. Hopefully when I do laundry later today, they shrink a bit. I'm not counting on them all to shrink much, though. I'll probably have to have some of them tailored, because the last thing I want to do is go out and buy all new pairs of pants.

Damn weight loss... It's been both a good thing and a bad thing.

Phoenixx

What did you do? I take it is school related.
^ Yeah. Yesterday I finally got around to purchasing my books. I get home, open everything out of the package, and registered my web code for my Psychology class. Me and my stupid skimming totally missed the part in the syllabus where it said the professor was using the online "blackboard" on the college website and I didn't need the actual web code at all. Ended up paying extra for something I didn't even need. *facepalm*

Oh, and here's another stupid thing I did the other day, which I find it pretty funny now. I was in the Commons building (the first day of school) because I had to go to my locker, as well as get some other things done. The doors are manual, but they still have "Caution: Automatic Door" stickers still on them, no idea why. Anyway, of course I was extremely anxious that day, and when that happens my mind either races, or goes completely blank, or does something of both. The place was filling up pretty fast because it was noon, so I tried to get out of there as fast as I could. I went to exit and I just stood in front of the doors for about 2-3 seconds waiting for them to open. I completely forgot I was in the Commons building and not the Classroom building (where they have automatic doors). ::eek:: A guy sitting on the couch just gave me this weird look, probably wondering "Wtf is she standing there for?" Haha, my bad. ::p:

A couple days ago, I did something really stupid, too, but I'm kinda proud. :) I was video taping my drive home (don't ask why and yes, I know it's stupid) and I side swiped a pole. No harm done to person, car, or pole.
^ Glad there was no harm done! :)

MsBuzzkillington

^ Yeah. Yesterday I finally got around to purchasing my books. I get home, open everything out of the package, and registered my web code for my Psychology class. Me and my stupid skimming totally missed the part in the syllabus where it said the professor was using the online "blackboard" on the college website and I didn't need the actual web code at all. Ended up paying extra for something I didn't even need. *facepalm*

I did something similar to this. I bought a book in advance and then I took it to class. When I got there the teacher said we wouldn't be using the book at all. Thankfully I had not opened it yet so I had the option to return it. I waited until after the weekend to return it, and I ended up being a day late for the deadline to return books. A day late... I was so upset I almost cried right there in the bookstore. It was like a 150 dollar book. The guy behind the counter was like "you had plenty of time to return it" and I just walked out.

Yeah more like only about three days time that I didn't know I needed it. I was ticked at myself for not paying attention to the deadlines printed on the receipt! When I went to sell it back at the end of the year (only getting about half the money back) the guy behind the counter was like... this isn't even opened yet, I was like... yeah yeah I know. </3

MikeyC

A bunch of my pants are loose in the waist now, and they never used to be. Hopefully when I do laundry later today, they shrink a bit. I'm not counting on them all to shrink much, though. I'll probably have to have some of them tailored, because the last thing I want to do is go out and buy all new pairs of pants.

If this happened to me I would be so happy. Go, portrait!

Phoenixx

I did something similar to this. I bought a book in advance and then I took it to class. When I got there the teacher said we wouldn't be using the book at all. Thankfully I had not opened it yet so I had the option to return it. I waited until after the weekend to return it, and I ended up being a day late for the deadline to return books. A day late... I was so upset I almost cried right there in the bookstore. It was like a 150 dollar book. The guy behind the counter was like "you had plenty of time to return it" and I just walked out.

Yeah more like only about three days time that I didn't know I needed it. I was ticked at myself for not paying attention to the deadlines printed on the receipt! When I went to sell it back at the end of the year (only getting about half the money back) the guy behind the counter was like... this isn't even opened yet, I was like... yeah yeah I know. </3
^ I can't believe they wouldn't take the book the first time. It was unopened and you were only a day late. How is it such a big deal? I probably would've felt pretty bad about it too, not to mention a bit ticked.

At least you got half your money back. That's better than nothing. The college I went to last semester and the college I'm going to now only give you 20% back at the end of the year. That's pretty much why I didn't sell my books back to them last semester. I figured I'd probably get more money selling them online. I'm going to try Amazon first. If that doesn't work, then I'll probably do Craigslist.... That is, once I get around to it. :rolleyes: For now they're just sitting on my bookshelf collecting some dust.

MsBuzzkillington

Yeah, if I wasn't almost in tears I probably would have tried to fight it. But if I would have tried to talk I definitely would have cried. I was really upset. It was only a day. Ugh it sucked so bad haha. I definitely learned my lesson though.

MsBuzzkillington

Well, congrats on losing the weight. Just buy a belt, don't worry about buying a bunch of new jeans haha. Jean shopping sucks so badly! It's the worst thing ever, well in my opinion it is.

It seems like you just started working out a week or two ago. How are you managing such a rapid change? What are your secrets? How much have you lost? I must know!

MrJones

I'm amazed at how my life has changed...
Lots of things different in my mind, the way I see the world or myself.
How much my behaviour has changed lately...

Some things are much better, yet some others are way worse.

I'm wondering how much I will be able to go to uni.

Everyday is harder when I'm out of the house. Yesterday I thought I was having a heart attack or something. Hyperventilation, nausea, dizziness, chest pain, heart going crazy, thoughts of going crazy myself... and everyone was obviously looking at me, which only made it worse.

I don't know, I just hope it's a side effect of the meds, as I'm taking much more than when I started. Next time I'll tell my therapist and see if I leave them or what, but I can't keep living like this, I don't want to depend on meds so much just so I can leave the house. I shouldn't be so scared of doing something I used to do everyday without worries.

Shyangel

I'm amazed at how my life has changed...
Lots of things different in my mind, the way I see the world or myself.
How much my behaviour has changed lately...

Some things are much better, yet some others are way worse.

I'm wondering how much I will be able to go to uni.

Everyday is harder when I'm out of the house. Yesterday I thought I was having a heart attack or something. Hyperventilation, nausea, dizziness, chest pain, heart going crazy, thoughts of going crazy myself... and everyone was obviously looking at me, which only made it worse.

I don't know, I just hope it's a side effect of the meds, as I'm taking much more than when I started. Next time I'll tell my therapist and see if I leave them or what, but I can't keep living like this, I don't want to depend on meds so much just so I can leave the house. I shouldn't be so scared of doing something I used to do everyday without worries.

I'm sorry Mr. johns, I know how that feeling sucks.
I wanna move out on my own but my anxiety and fear of failure stops me.
I hope you feel better, Mr, Johns.:)

On topic..

I'm feeling like putting on some music and rocking out..But, we'll see.

MrJones

I'm sorry Mr. johns, I know how that feeling sucks.
I wanna move out on my own but my anxiety and fear of failure stops me.
I hope you feel better, Mr, Johns.:)

On topic..

I'm feeling like putting on some music and rocking out..But, we'll see.
Thanks Shyangel :)

I'm always rocking out, btw ::p:

this_portrait

Well, congrats on losing the weight. Just buy a belt, don't worry about buying a bunch of new jeans haha. Jean shopping sucks so badly! It's the worst thing ever, well in my opinion it is.

It seems like you just started working out a week or two ago. How are you managing such a rapid change? What are your secrets? How much have you lost? I must know!

Well, I gradually lost it over the course of a few months. I started rapidly dropping weight when I was depressed over my ex-boyfriend. At the same time, I had just started trying to eat healthier, so now that I've dropped weight and have a much healthier diet, I haven't put much back on at all.

As for working out, yes, I've been taking weekly belly dancing classes, but I also do the movements at home as practice. Because I've been practicing on my own time as well, my stomach muscles are tightening up (which is what I want to happen).

I really don't need to lose anymore weight, because if I did, I would then be underweight, and I don't want that. Around 120 lbs at 5'7" is kinda pushing it, especially when I see lots of other girls my height who are in the 130-lb range, which is also healthy for that height.

Phoenixx

A few thoughts for the day:

- Why don't I see myself the way other people see me? Sorry if that sounds like a bit of a dumb question, but really. When I get compliments, I often wonder, "What are you seeing?" I'm not talking about compliments on physical appearance (as I rarely get those anyway), but rather my brains. Today my mom and I were talking about college and how my brother was thinking about going. It then quickly jumped to the "You're too smart to drop out of college" speech. Again. (I don't know why she gives me this speech. She should know I would never drop out.) That's one thing I've been complimented the most on my whole life is how "smart" I am. I'm not trying to say that's a bad thing, I am generally smart and I believe it so (even if I do have my dumb moments :rolleyes:). It's when people add emphasis, going as far as calling me a "genius" is what I get confused, and maybe a little sad, about. I don't believe I'm that smart at all. No way am I a "genius" or anything. When people say that, I feel like they expect so much more from me, which adds pressure to the whole fear of failing. I'm not trying to come off like I'm complaining here (and I apologize if I sound like I'm whining again), just something that's been on my mind for most of the day.

- I kinda want to tell my brother that I'm 90% sure he has a mild form of a certain type of Tourette's, but I'm afraid it would make him pretty self-conscious. As much as I envy his confidence and socialization, that is something I would never want to take away, or seen taken away. Ever. As much as he can get on my nerves and really piss me off, I would never want him to feel the way I do on a daily basis... I asked my mom about it, whether she ever noticed what he does, and she said she did. She noticed it when he was little, even mentioned it to doctors and speech therapists in the past and no one ever took the time to look into it at all. I showed her what I found and she was pretty surprised, said she was glad to finally know something about it. She's just as stumped as I am as to why he has it at all. :confused:

- I need to move out!! No really, I want to so incredibly bad. I want a life for myself. The plan I have this year is really (and I can't emphasize that enough) work on getting my license, while also working whatever little jobs I can find to earn money and save up more for an apartment. As soon as I have my license, I want to go back to apartment hunting in the same city as I was looking in last month. I love it there, I really do. It's a great place, laid-back city atmosphere, very diverse and cultured for a smallish city, has an incredible glass museum (highly recommend a visit), lots of stores and everything nearby, yet not busting out the seams with people. Plus, I'll be much closer to my college (since it's just above the city on the top of a huge hill) and the locals are really nice. Not all of them obviously, but most. I'm willing to challenge as much of my social phobia as I can to achieve this. I'm pretty set on all these goals. I just hope that this determined mindset doesn't wane as the year progresses.