Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

According to the UPS tracking system the package I ordered from ThinkGeek first went from Ohio to Kentucky, then straight to Amsterdam (like 30 minutes from where I live), back to Kentucky and is now somewhere in Germany.

LMFAO.

Oh what tales my Portal sentry turret will have to tell once it gets here.

twiggle

Amsterdam (like 30 minutes from where I live)

You are SO lucky.
Wish I lived near Amsterdam ::(:
Hope your parcel arrives soon.

I just noticed I still had a chocolate liqeur left over from Christmas and got all excited. My last one. Peeled off the wrap... but the chocolate was sticky, so the chocolate snapped and the sticky vodka went all over my legs.
Sad times.

Arise87

I'm feeling really good (no anxiety, not depressed). Went job hunting yesterday and I might actually have a shot at getting 1 of em I'm applying for. The sunset is lovely, and Beck's dark beer is in the fridge. Yeah!

jonas89

I'm feeling really good (no anxiety, not depressed). Went job hunting yesterday and I might actually have a shot at getting 1 of em I'm applying for. The sunset is lovely, and Beck's dark beer is in the fridge. Yeah!

Sounds really good :) I Hope you'll get something that suits you.

MikeyC

That's fantastic. :) What job is it?

Arise87

That's fantastic. :) What job is it?

There's a small coffee shop like 5 minutes from my house. The owner lady seemed really nice and it not a franchise, so I hoping it as laid back as it seemed. So, I'd be a barista. Probably will only be making minimum wage, but something is better than nothing right?

MikeyC

There's a small coffee shop like 5 minutes from my house. The owner lady seemed really nice and it not a franchise, so I hoping it as laid back as it seemed. So, I'd be a barista. Probably will only be making minimum wage, but something is better than nothing right?
If you enjoy the job, that's just as good as the cash you'll be making. Plus you'll get some great experience making coffee if you want to move up. I hope you get it.

No, it's not :s
I just need to spend some time in here amongst people who understand for a while so I don't do anything bad.
I see. I'm here if you want to talk about it.

philly2bits

In Developmental Psychology we went over developmental brain plasticity today, there are two types; experience-expectant plasticity and experience-dependent plasticity. It caught my attention, because lately I've been thinking about my thoughts and such more scientifically. Experience Dependent is how I had understood the brain worked, being able to change things through conditioning and growing up and just experiencing things, throughout life.

Then she brought up experience-expectant plasticity, and it made me think a little, and then made me nervous. You see, experience-expectant plasticity is things every human brain expects to experience, like light to the eyes or noise to the ears, and when it does experience these things normally you turn out fine. But if you're born deaf, for example, your brain will grow differently, and the part that worries about hearing will worry about other things (why deaf people's other senses are above average). Major difference between the two though is the experience-expectant plasticity only change while the brain is still developing, so like putting an eye-patch over an adult with a lazy eye would not have an effect while it would with a child.

And I'm worrying because, I'm 20, and for the most part my brain is done developing. Sure my prefrontal cortex grows maybe for 5 more years and is fairly important, but I'm just thinking, what if I missed my window of opportunity to use the eye-patch, metaphorically speaking. I know my brain's miswired in some areas without question, I never knew there was an deadline to when it can still be altered.

It reminds me of the saying "The person you are at 20 is the person you'll always be"

Now I know nothing about psychology, so maybe I'm way wrong about this. But just because the brain is done developing doesn't mean how you act on a day to day basis is all it's capable of. Correcting the miswire may (or may not) be fixable, but pushing the boundaries certainly is possible.

GhastlyCC

I hate when people find a girl that they think would be a good match for me and bother me telling me to go get to know her...:p
There's a girl that works at the super market near my house that my dad keeps telling about "I really wish you would meet her...she's shy like you!" :rolleyes:
I know which one he's talking about...she IS cute(She kinda reminds me of Allison from the breakfast club.lol)
But im not ready to have a girlfriend just yet.....I don't know if I ever will be.
I wish everybody would just **** off and stay out of my personal life to be honest.:mad:

Last edited: