Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I've been trying to think of a good response for this. On the one hand, I don't like the implication that all men are sexual monsters because that is certainly untrue. All the men I know would never rape/molest a woman and they wouldn't be my friends if they did. Lumping all men under the same umbrella is not really fair.

On the other hand, I don't know what it's like to be a woman, especially those who are already nervous under normal circumstances, but women do have to be more careful about falling into the arms of the wrong man. Greater care has to be undertaken to prevent precarious situations.

I have known women/girls who have gone through sexual assault and only one has reported it to my knowledge (and that was only after some pushing from her mother). I still believe that 99% or even more would never think of it, but there are men out there that would and do.

The statistic I once heard is that 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted at some stage in their lives. I am aware that it may be higher because of all the unreported assaults, however, even if that number is true, that is wildly unacceptable.
^ Not all women that believe that all men are potential rapists. I don't.
I did not imply that all men are rapists. I said there are "a few" buried out there.

They certainly make themselves un-buried when it hits the media, that's for sure. :sad:
^a man who rapes becomes "un-buried when it hits the media"? I don't understand what you mean? :idontknow: I said in my original post there were "a few" meaning a few men who could be rapists.

dottie

Oh my Lord, I lead such sheltered life that for the first half of that paragraph I actually thought you were talking about dogs! :eek:mg: I am so sorry that happens to you. It actually makes me glad to grow up in a rural community (like Mayberry) where yes, atrocities still happen, but that stuff doesn't happen on the street. I think living in a large town would TERRIFY me.

LOL they probably refer to each other as "dog" among other choice words. I am really considering moving to the country after I graduate. Urban life is gross.

Not all men are rapists, though. It's only a very small proportion that give all men a bad name.

@Mikey Don't worry, I would never pass you by in Target and wonder if you were a sexual predator. That is not a thought that goes through my mind when I pass males like yourself. It's not your average guy running to pick up milk that we are afraid of.

outofthisworld

Oh man, I so happy right now.

I just got some help with the 3D modelling problem I had, and he/she just totally solved it. It was something stupidly simple too.

It's such a relief. I thought I was doing something fundamentally wrong..
you do 3D? what program you use to model? i also work with 3D, i use autocad, C4D and skechtup, if you need help in the future let me know

you do 3D? what program you use to model? i also work with 3D, i use autocad, C4D and skechtup, if you need help in the future let me know

Oh neat, thanks. I've used Sketchup for years too. It's been a great tool to learn in. Great for rapid room concepts too. I've since switched to Blender though, due it's more comprehensive animation capability and rendering power.

I haven't seen much of it, but AutoCAD is primarily an architecture program, right?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah, being told I look "weird" withoot ma hair - thanks cousin. A more complimentary remark would've bin nice, rather than one that makes me aw the mair self-conscious o' ma physical appearance.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^It is most likely that someone who is used to see you with hair, will find it weird seeing you without it at first. Weird or normal is mostly a matter of being used to it.

Other than that, there is people out there saying that megan Fox is ugly and Stephen King is a mediocre writer. People have the right to their opinion, doesn't mean you have to take it into account.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
^It is most likely that someone who is used to see you with hair, will find it weird seeing you without it at first. Weird or normal is mostly a matter of being used to it.

Other than that, there is people out there saying that megan Fox is ugly and Stephen King is a mediocre writer. People have the right to their opinion, doesn't mean you have to take it into account.

Aye, that's true.

dottie

Tempted to call in to work tonight... hm, I post that a lot but I never do it... one day I might just do it...

UPDATE:
Just called in. I feel exhausted from doing intensive yard work all day. Got carried away and burnt myself out. :/ I just told them I wasn't coming and that was it. Ifeelguilty. :l Oh well.

Last edited:

outofthisworld

sometimes i get anxious / butterfly feeling for no reason, like something is going to happen and i'm really looking forward for it.. but the issue is that I have no clue what this thing is... anyone else has this?