Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I used to be one of those people who believed people who drank coffee or alcohol "for the taste" were fooling themselves. Liquids with such a disagreeable taste - only tolerated for the effect.

Well, the initial consumption might be for effect, but I like the taste of certain types of coffee and alcohol. Certainly decaf coffee must attest to the enjoyment of the taste of coffee, although the flavor of decaf often sucks. Maybe my brain simply made an association between "tastes good" and "feels good". I still can't drink either beverage straight and love it, though. Definitely need dilution :p

Also, I think routine plays a big part in coffee consumption. Decaf can fill the "morning coffee" or whatever.

Last edited:

Lavinialuna

Sorry, I disappear every now and then when things get busy, or if my kids are off of school (weekend, vacation, or sick.) I'm still around!
My daughter turns 21 today. I was 21 when she was born. she is exactly half my age haha! My husband and I are taking her out for a few drinks tonight, God help me! Probably won't stay out long, hope I don't freak out. My 3 year old has an ear ache, maybe I won't be able to go? We'll see.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sorry, I disappear every now and then when things get busy, or if my kids are off of school (weekend, vacation, or sick.) I'm still around!
My daughter turns 21 today. I was 21 when she was born. she is exactly half my age haha! My husband and I are taking her out for a few drinks tonight, God help me! Probably won't stay out long, hope I don't freak out. My 3 year old has an ear ache, maybe I won't be able to go? We'll see.

Don't get too drunk... :giggle: Anyway, ah hope yer daughter has a very happy birthday. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah really wish ah hud mair confidence in masel'... Currently, ah huv'nae bin daein too well.

Cannae quite be masel', since ah don't really know who ah um. :idontknow: Wish ma family didnae huv such high expectations of how ah should be.

Lavinialuna

Ah really wish ah hud mair confidence in masel'... Currently, ah huv'nae bin daein too well.

Cannae quite be masel', since ah don't really know who ah um. :idontknow: Wish ma family didnae huv such high expectations of how ah should be.

Just get it into your head that you won't be their puppet, let your Scottish stubbornness take over! Easier said than done, I know.
If your anything like me you have good days, and bad, good weeks, and bad... just keep remembering that a good day is coming, and you will feel better soon.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I used to be one of those people who believed people who drank coffee or alcohol "for the taste" were fooling themselves. Liquids with such a disagreeable taste - only tolerated for the effect.

Well, the initial consumption might be for effect, but I like the taste of certain types of coffee and alcohol. Certainly decaf coffee must attest to the enjoyment of the taste of coffee, although the flavor of decaf often sucks. Maybe my brain simply made an association between "tastes good" and "feels good". I still can't drink either beverage straight and love it, though. Definitely need dilution :p

Also, I think routine plays a big part in coffee consumption. Decaf can fill the "morning coffee" or whatever.

Mmmmm... looooove a quality morning coffee :inlove:

Rawz

Good quality coffee tastes good. Bad coffee tastes bad. I assume it's the same with alcohol.

There's a place near where I live that buys good coffee beans and roasts them well themselves. It has a mild flavor too it, and really isn't bitter. I don't need any cream, milk, or sugar. Although I do prefer to put a little sugar in, I like things sweet.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

My brother laid around for FIVE YEARS doing nothing but eating,smoking,and sleeping and now he got a job and he thinks he's better than everybody and he talks constant shit about how "lazy" everybody is.
^ Sounds like my brother. A few years ago, he was doing nothing but laying around the house, eating, sleeping, smoking, and playing video games. A year or so later he finally got off his lazy rear and got a job. He, too, acted like he was better just because he had a paycheck. Now that he still has the same job, but living in a different state, he still acts that way. He sometimes will talk crap about "lazy people" and even tries to rope in politics. What's stupid is that he can be just as lazy and he's no better off than anyone else, struggling to pay bills now that he has to since he's no longer living with my parents.

i haven't logged onto Socialphobiaworld since ages, how are y'all?
^ I'm doing pretty well. How are you? :)