Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

GraybeardGhost

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the forum today? My computer is just about driving me up the wall with "can't find the server" messages. Grrr.

WeirdyMcGee

I put makeup on for NO reason, today!

Mum was supposed to walk downtown with me so I could get out of the house for the first time in a couple of weeks but she decided to go on a date, instead.

... well... time to wash my face. -__-

nodejesque

So, I am normally shy and very private. That is not to be confused with weak and being a doormat.

The organization I work for has two sited, the main site and a drop-in center. I work at the main site with six other people, and only see the staff from the drop-in center during staff meetings.

We had the staff meeting today, and the guys that work at the drop-in center kept cracking jokes about how pale I am. Three of them are native American and are called by their given native names... Anyway, although I am friendly and try to get along with everyone, I don't really pertain to their group.

So today they kept saying things like "you're the whitest Mexican I know" among other jests. I just smiled and continued working. Because throughout my life... this has always been an issue.

Anyway, soon they were talking about their 'native names' and appointing each other with these nicknames. Mine of course had to do with being pale, and 'thinking I'm brown'.

I was pretty upset. I found it maddening on so many levels...

What is worse is that I asked them to stop, and said that as a woman with indigenous native roots, I think it's insulting that the make light of the culture.

One of the guys then replied 'there you go.. thinking you're brown again. Maybe you're roots lie with an albino tribe?" Then they all laughed, and I just left.

Had I not been at work, I probably would have gotten arrested for doing what I wanted to do. But I couldn't.

Now, even though they were just 'messing around' I feel really uncomfortable. They tried to play it off and say 'sorry you got so butt-hurt', which of course is no apology at all.

Anyway... this was from about 9-11am, so since then I had a blinding head ache and such anger that I literally got sick.

So now, I am still trying to rid myself from this headache and trying to reign in my anger and frustration.

dottie

@lavinialuna thanks for the kind words. I felt a bit better after I got to work. Weird... never thought there'd be a day I'd be saying that...

dottie

@nodejesque Ugh. I'm sorry you had to endure that. They need to invent some sort of aerosol j erk-repellent. Hope you're head's feeling better now.

So, I am normally shy and very private. That is not to be confused with weak and being a doormat.

The organization I work for has two sited, the main site and a drop-in center. I work at the main site with six other people, and only see the staff from the drop-in center during staff meetings.

We had the staff meeting today, and the guys that work at the drop-in center kept cracking jokes about how pale I am. Three of them are native American and are called by their given native names... Anyway, although I am friendly and try to get along with everyone, I don't really pertain to their group.

So today they kept saying things like "you're the whitest Mexican I know" among other jests. I just smiled and continued working. Because throughout my life... this has always been an issue.

Anyway, soon they were talking about their 'native names' and appointing each other with these nicknames. Mine of course had to do with being pale, and 'thinking I'm brown'.

What is worse is that I asked them to stop, and said that as a woman with indigenous native roots, I think it's insulting that the make light of the culture.

One of the guys then replied 'there you go.. thinking you're brown again. Maybe you're roots lie with an albino tribe?" Then they all laughed, and I just left.

Had I not been at work, I probably would have gotten arrested for doing what I wanted to do. But I couldn't.

Now, even though they were just 'messing around' I feel really uncomfortable. They tried to play it off and say 'sorry you got so butt-hurt', which of course is no apology at all.

Anyway... this was from about 9-11am, so since then I had a blinding head ache and such anger that I literally got sick.

So now, I am still trying to rid myself from this headache and trying to reign in my anger and frustration.
^Grrrrrr, that makes me angry just reading it. You should not have to put up with **** like that.:thumbdown:
Is there anyone higher up at work that you could explain what happened too? Or do you think someone higher up talking with them to let them know you don't want it to happen again, might make it worse? :sad:

singing-love

My house is in uproar again. This is ridiculous! I really don't like the fighting, I just want to live peacefully, just once. I'm over the arguments

What a bunch of j.erks. The ''Sorry you got butt-hurt'' comment shows a clear lack of social responsibility and consideration. They're very immature.

Regret93

Every time I go outside, I realize why I prefer being inside. People in my neighborhood can be cool, but most seem to be beggars and losers, and only talk to me if they want to hear themselves talk or ask for something. I'm trying to not let their stupidity bother me and go about my business, which I can do pretty well now, but it's still tough trying to be more social and less awkward when all I know is the opposite, and I'm surrounded by undesirable people.

I'm trying to be more relaxed in general, other than my usual racing thoughts and unnecessary stress, because almost half of the time I socialize, whether it be with a friend or acquaintance or even a store clerk, I find myself having to repeat what I had just said at least once because I mumbled it. Most of the time I figure they aren't listening to what I'm saying because most people don't seem to regard other people anyway, let alone me.

I've managed to not think as violently as often as I have in the past, but when it happens, I still get deep into it (I'm not violent btw, imaginative perhaps? haha). I hate that my emotion tends to drone on, and I go into a rabbit hole of sorts when it comes to thinking negatively. Sometimes, it's therapeutic for me to fantasize violently as long as I don't act violently, but I'm recently starting to notice how far my mind goes with it. I'm apparently desensitized, you can blame any piece of entertainment, thank you Internet. I just wish there was a way for me to get over things besides always wanting to destroy everything I don't like, because it's distracting me from progressing in life. I want to stop thinking so much.

... *exhale*

Last edited:
After a certain age people stop picking you apart to your face, but like BlueDays said, the world continues to judge women by their appearance. That does not go away. Instead of saying it to your face, it's reflected in other ways.

Is it your family? If it is your family it may be another story!

No, not my family. Just, you know... OTHERS.

I can relate to this.. growing up I was always the pale girl who everyone picked on . I have tanned up a good bit , but fair skinned people do burn before they tan. I was always picked on for having big brown eyes too.. People were so mean.. sometimes at my age now I still get the comments, "Why are your eyes so big?" Do you wear special contacts?". I tell people "No. I don't". The other thing is when I go out around people..they notice my fingernails. I have short fingernils and never painted. It's because I stay in the outdoors all the time and I like to play in the dirt...can't have nails for that. It's like I am supposed to have nice manicured nails or I don't look like a lady. I wish people would spend more time looking at their own selves.

For having big brown eyes? Sounds like jealousy. Large eyes are usually considered attractive. And who gives a crap about someone else's nails!? Jeezus people are nosy.

Ithior

People who refer to their own cat as "it".

What I learned in school was that "it" was used for animals, plants, objects, and so on. In portuguese there isn't an equivalent of "it" though. I don't have any pets either so I guess it wouldn't apply to me anyway.

Lavinialuna

I made a mistake which translates into a social faux-pas. We were meant to work the concession stand (little league) last night, but I read the email wrong so hubby showed up tonight. I feel like an idiot because I read the schedule 100 times, told him the wrong time and I can only imagine what everyone thought when we didn't show up (deadbeats.) I feel so embarrassed and upset that I embarrassed my husband and maybe even our son, or ruined our standing with the league, especially since he participates on a scholarship. Feel like a horrible punk a$$ who can't show her face there anymore.
Whenever I make a mistake like this I can't seem to quit bashing myself over and over in my mind. It's probably healthy to allow yourself to make some mistakes, but I can't seem to allow it.