Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

springk

I really need to change my diet and stop eating a lot different stuff completely for awhile (junk food, sugar, etc), but I just can't seem to. I want to but I also really want to keep eating unhealthy food. It tastes good and makes me feel better, but I think my body needs me to stop eating it. I don't have enough self control. Arg.

What makes it harder is that I was allowed to eat as much junk food as I wanted when I was a kid. I wasn't taught to limit it or taught self-control with it.

You can start by replacing some of junk food habit with healthy eating. Like in the morning you can eat fruits and healthy food like that. Continue till its your daily morning diet. The thing is to slowly make small changes. Good luck, you won't be disappointed when you will reduce your junk food intake.

springk

You girls are way too hard on yourselves. It ain't all about looks. Give me a choice of being out with a model with a bad attitude and no manners vs being on a date with a normal looking girl that's sweet and nice .... the model better not be holding her breath waitin for me to call her. Looks can be gone in a year but personality will probably be the same.
:thumbup:
I hope more men think like you do JC.

dottie

I'm very fair-skinned, and generally not self-conscious about it... except in the summer. It doesn't help that everyone around me is a deep amber or brown, but it's so much worse when some people feel the need to COMMENT on how pale I am. Every year it's the same. I'm always too angry to keep my mouth shut and I curse at them in a blind mixture of rage and anxiety, but sometimes the things they say make me want to stay in my house all summer.

I don't mean to sound self-pitying, but it seems I'm doomed to always have my appearance commented on negatively in one way or another, whether it's my skin, my age, my hands, my feet, my height. And of course I've had other things jabbed at too. None of these people were ever perfect, of course. I often wonder if I'm a sad exception, or everyone gets picked apart this much?

After a certain age people stop picking you apart to your face, but like BlueDays said, the world continues to judge women by their appearance. That does not go away. Instead of saying it to your face, it's reflected in other ways.

Is it your family? If it is your family it may be another story!

Rawz

You can start by replacing some of junk food habit with healthy eating. Like in the morning you can eat fruits and healthy food like that. Continue till its your daily morning diet. The thing is to slowly make small changes. Good luck, you won't be disappointed when you will reduce your junk food intake.

Yeah, I've been working at it slowly for 2-3 years now. But I'm trying to cut out unhealthy stuff completely and that is really difficult.

shyflower

I'm very fair-skinned, and generally not self-conscious about it... except in the summer. It doesn't help that everyone around me is a deep amber or brown, but it's so much worse when some people feel the need to COMMENT on how pale I am. Every year it's the same. I'm always too angry to keep my mouth shut and I curse at them in a blind mixture of rage and anxiety, but sometimes the things they say make me want to stay in my house all summer.

I don't mean to sound self-pitying, but it seems I'm doomed to always have my appearance commented on negatively in one way or another, whether it's my skin, my age, my hands, my feet, my height. And of course I've had other things jabbed at too. None of these people were ever perfect, of course. I often wonder if I'm a sad exception, or everyone gets picked apart this much?

I can relate to this.. growing up I was always the pale girl who everyone picked on . I have tanned up a good bit , but fair skinned people do burn before they tan. I was always picked on for having big brown eyes too.. People were so mean.. sometimes at my age now I still get the comments, "Why are your eyes so big?" Do you wear special contacts?". I tell people "No. I don't". The other thing is when I go out around people..they notice my fingernails. I have short fingernils and never painted. It's because I stay in the outdoors all the time and I like to play in the dirt...can't have nails for that. It's like I am supposed to have nice manicured nails or I don't look like a lady. I wish people would spend more time looking at their own selves.

I can relate to this.. growing up I was always the pale girl who everyone picked on . I have tanned up a good bit , but fair skinned people do burn before they tan. I was always picked on for having big brown eyes too.. People were so mean.. sometimes at my age now I still get the comments, "Why are your eyes so big?" Do you wear special contacts?". I tell people "No. I don't". The other thing is when I go out around people..they notice my fingernails. I have short fingernils and never painted. It's because I stay in the outdoors all the time and I like to play in the dirt...can't have nails for that. It's like I am supposed to have nice manicured nails or I don't look like a lady. I wish people would spend more time looking at their own selves.

Big brown eyes are attractive. Sounds like people are jealous. Next time somebody says that ask them when they're getting breast implants! I bet that would shut them up ha ha ha and I've seen a lot of women that forego nail polish and they're still as feminine as others. Besides, I'm sure any guy would be staring into them big brown eyes instead of at your fingernails anyway :)

shyflower

Big brown eyes are attractive. Sounds like people are jealous. Next time somebody says that ask them when they're getting breast implants! I bet that would shut them up ha ha ha and I've seen a lot of women that forego nail polish and they're still as feminine as others. Besides, I'm sure any guy would be staring into them big brown eyes instead of at your fingernails anyway :)

Yeah.. I could imagine asking a guy, when are you getting breast implants? ..too funny...:lol:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I haven't taken any pictures of myself or let anyone take one since more than a year and I knew it was good for my mental health. I shouldn't have let my friends do it last week end. I felt better not being reminded how much I ruin the landscape :sad:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I haven't taken any pictures of myself or let anyone take one since more than a year and I knew it was good for my mental health. I shouldn't have let my friends do it last week end. I felt better not being reminded how much I ruin the landscape :sad:
:sad:

I'd still love to see the new ones anyway. Nobody but you feels the way you do when you see pics of you.

Lavinialuna

Both girls and guys say those things to me.. So, what do I say to the guys? :question:

Tell them it's not your job to be their eye candy, and that it's not about what's on the outside, but what's on the inside. That might at least make them feel guilty for opening their mouths or teach them to mind their own business.. Or you could start pointing out their flaws ("at least I don't have a pointy head like yours" etc.:giggle:)

Tell them it's not your job to be their eye candy, and that it's not about what's on the outside, but what's on the inside. That might at least make them feel guilty for opening their mouths or teach them to mind their own business.. Or you could start pointing out their flaws ("at least I don't have a pointy head like yours" etc.:giggle:)

^ Exactly!

Trying to keep a certain underling out of trouble is becoming a job in itself. He machined something wrong so i welded it up so he could try it again. He screwed it up again. So this time i just started from scratch and made a whole new one with him watching and taking notes. Thankfully nobody knows but us two. It was only a couple thousand dollar hunk of metal!

Lavinialuna

Trying to keep a certain underling out of trouble is becoming a job in itself. He machined something wrong so i welded it up so he could try it again. He screwed it up again. So this time i just started from scratch and made a whole new one with him watching and taking notes. Thankfully nobody knows but us two. It was only a couple thousand dollar hunk of metal!

That was super nice of you, now you just have to wait and see if he actually learned from it, or if he just isn't suited to that line of work, continues messing up and looks for you to bail him out consistently. Only time will tell, but no matter how it turns out it is obvious to me that you are a swell guy :thumbup:

shyflower

I guess I have always respected other people too much and I have always respected myself even when people have tried to say something outside my attention span. Maybe I need to start speaking up for myself more.

Lavinialuna

Saw this on facebook and thought "yep."
10150576_733959376626465_4228818329308433364_n_zps3a942cd4.jpg