Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I decided to treat myself to a delicious pizza in recognition of completing my car loan. It was very tasty. Puma, there's none left, sorry.

Now to let it all digest and head to bed. Very productive day all around. :)

Noooo!

That's great, though. What are you planning on getting?

Flanscho

Meh... Due to my work I acquired several "VIP personal invitation only" tickets, to one of three largest art fairs in Germany. Wanted to go there with three friends. Two of them took the day off, but were then called back by their boss (they work at the same company) for some emergency work, so they have no time. And the third one confused the dates and has no time either. :( And the first two friends will be on vacation the rest of the week, so I can't visit the fair with them later.

Bah...

Lea

Banned
THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Famous poem, right? Or maybe not a poem... Forget where I first saw this.

Today I was walking to class and I heard a "Hey [insert my real name here]". I expected it to be a classmate as I've seen them here and there in the halls, but when I turned to look it was my professor... the one I have a bit of a crush on... walking right next to me (well, past me) on his way to our class in five minutes O_O

I mean, that's not really a big deal, except that because he caught me off guard and because I find him attractive and I sit in the front of the class (and I chose that seat before I even knew who was teaching it) and have to look right at him the whole time, I felt awkward but I did say hi and laughed perfunctorily when he said he didn't recognize me from behind (which, being me, I found an awkward thing to say). I just hope he didn't notice that I was blushing (he probably did...). :eek:mg:

Anyway :)

Last edited:

MikeyC

What kind of car are you getting MikeyC?

Noooo!

That's great, though. What are you planning on getting?
Thanks, guys, but I got the car when my loan was approved. It took three years to pay it off and I did it yesterday. :)

Today I was walking to class and I heard a "Hey [insert my real name here]". I expected it to be a classmate as I've seen them here and there in the halls, but when I turned to look it was my professor... the one I have a bit of a crush on... walking right next to me (well, past me) on his way to our class in five minutes O_O

I mean, that's not really a big deal, except that because he caught me off guard and because I find him attractive and I sit in the front of the class (and I chose that seat before I even knew who was teaching it) and have to look right at him the whole time, I felt awkward but I did say hi and laughed perfunctorily when he said he didn't recognize me from behind (which, being me, I found an awkward thing to say). I just hope he didn't notice that I was blushing (he probably did...). :eek:mg:

Anyway :)
Any time you're surprised by a crush, it's almost like survival mode.

Phoenixx

I do that all the time. You've never felt embarrassed FOR someone else before? I get that a lot with movies too. Grrr.
^ Second-hand embarrassment for me is just about as painful as being embarrassed of myself. I can't even watch embarrassing or awkward scenes in tv shows or movies without cringing and either closing my eyes, looking away, or changing the channel. :eek:mg:

The thought of money just popped into my head again and is ruining my good mood for the night. IhateitIhateitIhateit! :kickingmyself:

Man, sometimes I'm harshly reminded of how jaded I am. Whenever I hear a genuinely happy voice in the living room or whatever, I get super suspicious of it. As though it's an utterly unnatural thing to happen within these walls.

jaim38

People are probably going to parties or bashes for Halloween. As for me, I'm staying home and will read manga, watch dramas, and other stuff online. This is my definition of "fun", whereas other people might think of parties and bashes as "fun".

Kiwong

Thanks, guys, but I got the car when my loan was approved. It took three years to pay it off and I did it yesterday. :)

Any time you're surprised by a crush, it's almost like survival mode.

What sort of car is it, MikeyC? I bet it isn't a Gemini Sandpiper.

Phoenixx

Please tell me I'm not the only one who freaks out over fruit flies. I just find them so horridly disgusting, they freak me out. As soon as I see one it makes me want to go on a cleaning rampage. I find them worse than the typical house fly. Ugh... *shudders*

MollyBeGood

Feeling good. Putting together a demo tape for doing Voice Over work this weekend and have an agent hopefully to represent me, who is very connected. What a cool gig if I can get it. Seems like a great work from home job for introverted me :) I will keep ya all posted who might like to try this from here.

Kiwong

Voice over, that interesting, April_Snow. How do you put together a demo tape for that? Good luck with it.

MikeyC

What sort of car is it, MikeyC? I bet it isn't a Gemini Sandpiper.
You're right that it's not a Gemini Sandpiper, because I don't know what a Gemini Sandpiper is! :D It's a 2008 Holden Commodore. I hope it lasts another ten years, to be honest!

At work today, an eight year old girl was wearing her dancing uniform - some kind of skin-tight leotard with a skirt - and a teacher walked by her and commented on how nice she looked. The eight year old said, "I feel fat in this uniform."

I stopped walking. The teacher said, "what did you say?" and she repeated. The teacher said, "are you crazy?" This girl - who'll I'll repeat is eight years old - was nowhere near fat. She was actually a healthy weight and looked fine, but I guess she's seen too many celebrity stick-figures and feels fat in her leotard. I guess the media influences girls of all ages. :thumbdown: