Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
yes, angry hoodrat speak (common here) just isn't as colorful as angry scottish speak

Angry...?! Mair like borderline (f)uckin' psychotic, darlin'. Though, tae be fair, there always underlyin' dark humour tae angry Scottish speak. Mind you, that means the insults are brutal as f**k - y'know coz o' the accent. It's no' fur the faint hearted. Because, ye see when Scottish people yell their heid off and swear, we tend tae sound like dog's barkin'. And ye tend tae... shite yersel'!

Last edited:
A massive tree just outside our flat building was pulled from its roots and tipped our way. We got really lucky, the top twigs were literally against the wall. Even a fraction closer and it could have done a lot of damage.

I saw several more pulled from the ground on my way to work.

Scandic123

A massive tree just outside our flat building was pulled from its roots and tipped our way. We got really lucky, the top twigs were literally against the wall. Even a fraction closer and it could have done a lot of damage.

That was lucky. Where are you from? The UK? In Denmark we had 120 mph winds, several buildings across the country lost roofs, many trees were pulled up with their roots, and most traffic was stopped. Some of my family's things were flying a bit and I was a little scared one of our trees would fall, but nothing happened.

That was lucky. Where are you from? The UK? In Denmark we had 120 mph winds, several buildings across the country lost roofs, many trees were pulled up with their roots, and most traffic was stopped. Some of my family's things were flying a bit and I was a little scared one of our trees would fall, but nothing happened.

No, I'm a little further to the east, in Holland.

But wait, you had 120 mph hour winds today? That's like 190 kph, that's even worse.

MikeyC

I'm not a female, but I could put on a dress and hang out? I mean, I've been waiting for an excuse to wear- achem, I mean, I could probably borrow a cocktail dress from someone.

>,>

<,<

Phew..
Thanks but no thanks. :D

That sounds really intense! What kind of freak storms are going on up that way? I heard the UK got similar winds.

Phoenixx

^ I heard there were some wicked storms on their way through this week over there. I hope all of you Europeans are okay! Stay safe!

Scandic123

From what I've gathered most of northern Europe is feeling the storm. It seems to have mostly subsided now, here at least.

In Denmark the storms seems to be almost over now, but our capital still has pretty bad weather, I think, and now Sweden's next. Climate change.....?

Scandic123

Mother Nature hates us all. We're battling bushfires Down Under. Damn climate! :giggle:

Do they still not have those under control? What about that megafire they talked so much about, did it ever form? Danish newspapers haven't mentioned it for a few days...

MikeyC

Do they still not have those under control? What about that megafire they talked so much about, did it ever form? Danish newspapers haven't mentioned it for a few days...
I think there was going to be some kind of "megafire" if two fires merged, but it appears that hasn't happened. And no, many fires are still out of control. Bad situation, but I'm very much safe. :) Have the winds done any damage in your location? There's been pretty much no news on that here.

Mother Nature hates us all. We're battling bushfires Down Under. Damn climate! :giggle:

Bushfires must be worse in a lot of ways. At least wind will stop eventually and isn't in and of itself dangerous, but fire will just keep on going until there's no more fuel for it- or it is suffocated dead.

You better be careful, that's scary stuff.

Last edited:

Scandic123

I think there was going to be some kind of "megafire" if two fires merged, but it appears that hasn't happened. And no, many fires are still out of control. Bad situation, but I'm very much safe. :) Have the winds done any damage in your location? There's been pretty much no news on that here.

I haven't experienced any damage myself, but it was kind of scary at one point. Several buildings across the country lost their roofs, all traffic was stopped, electricity was damagee in some places, and three people died. Nature does indeed seem to hate us humans sometimes.

MikeyC

Bushfires must be worse in a lot of ways. At least wind will stop eventually and isn't in and of itself dangerous, but fire will just keep on going until there's no more fuel for it- or it is suffocated dead.

You better be careful, that's scary stuff.
Thanks, man. One firefighter has already died. Many others with heat exhaustion. They are awesome people.

The sad part is that these fires were deliberately lit by boys as young as 11.

I haven't experienced any damage myself, but it was kind of scary at one point. Several buildings across the country lost their roofs, all traffic was stopped, electricity was damagee in some places, and three people died. Nature does indeed seem to hate us humans sometimes.
That is scary! You don't know what's going to happen to your house, but at least it's all remained intact.

Thanks, man. One firefighter has already died. Many others with heat exhaustion. They are awesome people.

The sad part is that these fires were deliberately lit by boys as young as 11.

Fire fighters are the greatest. You got to have guts to go toe-to-toe with on of the most devastating natural phenomenon, humans being the water bags that they are. I have nothing but respect for those guys/gals.

MikeyC

Fire fighters are the greatest. You got to have guts to go toe-to-toe with on of the most devastating natural phenomenon, humans being the water bags that they are. I have nothing but respect for those guys/gals.
Same here. Maybe one day I'll join them and do some firefighting, too. Seems like a cool, yet dangerous, job.

Ithior

I was reading this manga and there's this character, 20 years old, about to graduate and looking for a job (so in a situation close to mine). He was thinking something that describes how I feel right now pretty well: he feels lost. But not because he needs a road map. What he needs is a destination. And that's exactly how I feel.