Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

Finally going to have my celebration. I'm picking up some pizza and lasagne, then coming back to eat it and watch Futurama before heading to bed. Awesome. Awesome all round. :D

Phoenixx

I think my laptop might be on its last legs. I turned it on and unplugged it from the charger and the CPU fan made the most horrible rattling whirring noise, like something was caught in it. It then booted to a black screen saying something about not being able to load boot device. :question::idontknow: I turned it off, then turned it back on and it booted fine. Now though the vent where the CPU is smells like warm plastic, but doesn't feel any warmer than what it normally is. The entire week I've had notifications saying to replace my battery too. :sad:

This thing isn't even 3 years old and I don't even have the money to buy a new one. What am I going to do for college next year? I'm going to need a new one by then for sure. I just want to cry right now. :crying:

Last edited:
Finally going to have my celebration. I'm picking up some pizza and lasagne, then coming back to eat it and watch Futurama before heading to bed. Awesome. Awesome all round. :D

I'll be over with the beer and double chocolate cake!

Oh, I missed it :sad:

MikeyC

I think my laptop might be on its last legs. I turned it on and unplugged it from the charger and the CPU fan made the most horrible rattling whirring noise, like something was caught in it. It then booted to a black screen saying something about not being able to load boot device. :question::idontknow: I turned it off, then turned it back on and it booted fine. Now though the vent where the CPU is smells like warm plastic, but doesn't feel any warmer than what it normally is. The entire week I've had notifications saying to replace my battery too. :sad:

This thing isn't even 3 years old and I don't even have the money to buy a new one. What am I going to do for college next year? I'm going to need a new one by then for sure. I just want to cry right now. :crying:
Yeah, hate to break it to you but your laptop does seem to be on its last legs. Perhaps there's a small fan issue that you can fix now so you don't have to get a brand-new expensive laptop.

Ithior

Started reading "Finding your Own North Star". Only 39 pages in, but it's pretty interesting so far.

It made me realise that every time I went to bed feeling a bit sick in the past months, I had pretty interesting dreams and woke up refreshed. But that's not all, in those dreams I also had to deal with stuff/people going on in my life.

The book mentions that the "essential self" usually sends signals through indirect ways because it can't speak (the "social self" always gets in the way). I'm starting to think that these dreams are no coincidence. In fact, like I said, the last two times I had these dreams I was sick. The first time I was feeling a bit feverish, though I had done absolutely nothing to trigger it. The second time, I ate a bit of chocolate and a bit of cheese half an hour (or an hour maybe?) later, even though I'm perfectly aware that that combination always makes me feel a bit sick when I go to sleep.

I realised this when an exercise came up where I had to "write down three stupid mistakes you remember making", and mixing cheese and chocolate in the same hour was one of them.

Phoenixx

I really wish I was more productive today. The night's not over yet though, maybe I can get at least one thing done that I wanted to do.

SoScared

I just pulled a nail out of a wardrobe side panel with my bare hands. Well that’s not quite true I could have done it if I wanted to but instead I used a fork to prise it out. I could have used my teeth instead of a fork but that would have been showing off. Back to work, danger over. :thumbup:

MollyBeGood

..for someone who has spent a lot of yrs depressed, happiness can be such an altogether foreign feeling. Just glad I get to feel it now :) I suppose it is really true it's, victory, that is much sweeter when you have been on the other side of it for so long. Also true that you need to keep feeling it to become more likely to keep on feeling it, otherwise it's becomes foreign again and elusive.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
"There once was a man from Dundee..." Oops! Cannae tell that rhyme, it's too dirty... :bigsmile:

Ah wish people wouldnae laugh at me when ah speak... :kickingmyself:

MikeyC

..for someone who has spent a lot of yrs depressed, happiness can be such an altogether foreign feeling. Just glad I get to feel it now :) I suppose it is really true it's, victory, that is much sweeter when you have been on the other side of it for so long. Also true that you need to keep feeling it to become more likely to keep on feeling it, otherwise it's becomes foreign again and elusive.
Good to hear things are looking up for you. :)

Trapped between the barriers of obligation and fear,
I lie shackled in a strange world which observes me yet stranger.

Kicking and screaming the central theme of my thoughts never change; Set me free, liberate me from myself.

But as light fades, it dawns as an illusion. Freedom doesn't exist here, not for the likes of me.

The concealing mask that neither smiles nor frowns has long since been stuck.
The face of my prison, is my own.

Broken I crumble, unable to endure.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Trapped between the barriers of obligation and fear,
I lie shackled in a strange world which observes me yet stranger.

Kicking and screaming the central theme of my thoughts never change; Set me free, deliberate me from myself.

But as light fades, it dawns as an illusion. Freedom doesn't exist here, not for the likes of me.

The concealing mask that neither smiles nor frowns has long since been stuck.
The face of my prison, is my own.

Broken I crumble, unable to endure.
:sad: