Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

This one's sort of cute, like a strange muppet made from carpet remnants...
enhanced-buzz-wide-7217-1365011668-25.jpg

you can't say LMazzOff??...

! awe damn..now I want one for a pet since you put such a cute spin on it LoL Grossness

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I'm starting to piss everyone off around me by saying no to invitations all the time.
I get bored so fast "hanging out" with people, and my (few) friends are mostly very extraverted popular people and have lots of friends so I have a hard time understanding why this is so important for them to hang out with me o_O
I'm trying to convince myself that isolation is unhealthy, but I'm so happy doing things by myself that I don't really believe it

Nanita

You too, huh :) I hope you find some. How is your new place btw?

Well I do have lots of solitude, and then sometimes I feel lonely, but whenever I go out or visit people, I suddenly want to be alone again.... Eh...whatever..

Yeah it´s really great having my own place.. Decorating it is so awesome... And being able to do all kinds of art and music without disturbance... :)

Nanita

I'm starting to piss everyone off around me by saying no to invitations all the time.
I get bored so fast "hanging out" with people, and my (few) friends are mostly very extraverted popular people and have lots of friends so I have a hard time understanding why this is so important for them to hang out with me o_O
I'm trying to convince myself that isolation is unhealthy, but I'm so happy doing things by myself that I don't really believe it

I hear ya. When I used to have more friends, I would often have plans to do all sorts of things with them (cinema, concert, café, restaurant) But most of the time I would be really bored doing things with people. I feel so much more alive when I do things like art and music, which of course I do when I´m alone.
I guess it would be nice to have friends with whom I could actually do art and music, instead of always just "going to a café or the movies together".

But yeah I think it´s healthy to do things alone, rather than being with people just for the sake of beng with people

laure15

Yesterday I was at a market and, maybe it's just my imagination but I thought I kept hearing voices talking about me. When I walked in my guard was up and I was in fight or flight mode, but once my mother and I went into an aisle where there was no one around, I felt more relaxed.

I also watched a dating show yesterday and they were filming a couple walking on the streets. The first thing I noticed was the people in the background. I couldn't help but wonder how the couple could ignore those prying eyes and still have fun.

Then it hit me that I still have a long way to go when it comes to not caring about people around me.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
As I am soon looking to move to an apartment, I decided to look into some budgeting software to get an idea of what my money situation looks like. I found it is super convenient, but at the same time I don't fully understand how it works which frustrates me and feels like defeats the purpose. I'm also sort of **** about stuff that involves organization and the sort, so that doesn't help.

Simply all I want is something that A)tells me how much money I currently have B) Tells me how much I spend and C)Tells me how much I spend. The software I am trying now would accomplish all those things if I used my debit card for everything, but I don't.

Fragglesaffle. fragg. el. snaffle.

As I am soon looking to move to an apartment, I decided to look into some budgeting software to get an idea of what my money situation looks like. I found it is super convenient, but at the same time I don't fully understand how it works which frustrates me and feels like defeats the purpose. I'm also sort of **** about stuff that involves organization and the sort, so that doesn't help.

Simply all I want is something that A)tells me how much money I currently have B) Tells me how much I spend and C)Tells me how much I spend. The software I am trying now would accomplish all those things if I used my debit card for everything, but I don't.

You could do it in a google docs or excel speadsheet

Yeah, I agree with Phocas. I recently calculated my own budget in Excel, and it works really, really well. I now know perfectly what percentage goes where, and how much/what percentage I can assign elsewhere.

(The amounts are fictional for sake of the example)
en7p.jpg

All you need to know is the equations for calculating percentages, and simple adding and subtracting. It even tells me what percentage is left to spend (in upper right).

this_portrait

Took a few days away from the city, and it was kind of a relief. Just got home not long ago and am currently watching videos on YT. If I do anything tomorrow, it will be cleaning my entire apartment in addition to applying for jobs.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
You could do it in a google docs or excel speadsheet

Yeah, I agree with Phocas. I recently calculated my own budget in Excel, and it works really, really well. I now know perfectly what percentage goes where, and how much/what percentage I can assign elsewhere.

(The amounts are fictional for sake of the example)
en7p.jpg

All you need to know is the equations for calculating percentages, and simple adding and subtracting. It even tells me what percentage is left to spend (in upper right).

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea, I may just have to try that out if I get more into it and overly frustrated with the software. Thanks!

jaim38

Having fun with photoshop

Photoshop is hard to learn at first but with dedication and effort you will get the hang of it. It's a great tool to use.

So I was flipping through some pages on a magazine and came upon a picture of 3 kids/teenagers surrounded by piles of rubble. The caption said their home was destroyed by a twister and they needed help. I empathize with these kids but one thing that I notice is they're wearing good fashionable clothes. They certainly dress better than me.

this_portrait

I find myself always running to my parents whenever I need to get away from my mundane existence here, but lately I've been thinking to myself, "What if they died tomorrow (especially my mother)?" I would have no one then. While the only solution to that problem waiting to happen is to make some friends and create a support network, I don't like the thought of that being the only reason to hurry up and make some friends. It just seems like I would be making random people a convenience to fall back on in case my life goes to s**t even more.

God, what a horrible thing to think about...

Ithior

Bachelor will be complete in 2 weeks. Don't even have to try hard in the two subjects I have left, since my grades in the other subjects are already good enough to maintain my average.

I had to print my resume in navy blue because my printer is out of black ink. How unprofessional is that... :kickingmyself:

ETA: It actually doesn't look awful, but, yeah. Not cool.