Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

neardeath

I get out of bed and go to the recliner and spend most of the day doing nothing. I long for my adventurous self. She is gone.

Can't sleep today because of the foghorn.

springk

I always write this but never do.
Its very bad that i only think but never do anything.
There will be always excuses, i know but then this excuses will not help me.

what do i gain from coming to spw or any online place.
I use it as escape route , yes, its true.
I view things, i feel them but then it doesnt changes anything. I never do anything, not even help anyone by writing anything useful.

How can i help anyone when i m so messed up?

All i can do is help myself , even pretend to help myself.
i know its like this forever, but i want it to end, i want to live.
This is a random thought thread and this is all thats been on my mind.

Ithior

The forum I've been a part of for 4 years is closing Monday. It always had a small community but it's getting thinner and thinner. Most of the activity is on the chatbox (there are barely new posts) and even there it's almost always the same 4-5 guys talking.
There is a similar forum but it has mostly american members (ours is mostly european). One of the administrators (the main one doesn't even show up any more) decided to close down the forum and those who wanted could go to that other forum (the merge of the forums had been discussed for a long time, but we never reached a consensus). I don't really like that forum though, so I guess this is where I part ways with those people.

springk

The forum I've been a part of for 4 years is closing Monday. It always had a small community but it's getting thinner and thinner. Most of the activity is on the chatbox (there are barely new posts) and even there it's almost always the same 4-5 guys talking.
There is a similar forum but it has mostly american members (ours is mostly european). One of the administrators (the main one doesn't even show up any more) decided to close down the forum and those who wanted could go to that other forum (the merge of the forums had been discussed for a long time, but we never reached a consensus). I don't really like that forum though, so I guess this is where I part ways with those people.

Thats kind of sad when you are part of a forum and it closes down:sad:

Anyways you can't do anything about it. At least this forum is not shutting down:)

Ithior

Thats kind of sad when you are part of a forum and it closes down:sad:

Anyways you can't do anything about it. At least this forum is not shutting down:)

That's in my "internet life". In real life, my friends are either going to finish their bachelor next year (the ones who didn't manage to finish it in 3 years) or were already admitted to the master's of their choosing (the ones that will finish the bachelor this year). Then there's another friend who wants to do a very specific master's in Spain, but he doesn't have money for it so he'll be working for that next year. In the meantime though, he's going to Alabama in July for a week where he'll have like a mini course or something related to that master's.

My sister also got admitted into her master's, in the Netherlands. She'll leave in July.

As for myself, I will also finish my bachelor this year and with a pretty good average. I didn't apply for any master's though because I don't know what I want to do. I have no idea what to do after I get my degree. I was thinking about doing all the english exams/GMAT etc but that won't make up for the whole year. I could apply for an internship but there aren't many and youth unemployment is also pretty high. I feel like everyone already has their life planned out for the next years and I'm still at the same place, with no sense of direction.

To top all that I really want to be in a relationship, but at the same time I feel like I'm not ready for something like that and that there are no women that would satisfy some of my likely unrealistic expectations.

Even so, I don't really feel depressed. Just a bit overwhelmed and sad when I think about it.

springk

That's in my "internet life". In real life, my friends are either going to finish their bachelor next year (the ones who didn't manage to finish it in 3 years) or were already admitted to the master's of their choosing (the ones that will finish the bachelor this year). Then there's another friend who wants to do a very specific master's in Spain, but he doesn't have money for it so he'll be working for that next year. In the meantime though, he's going to Alabama in July for a week where he'll have like a mini course or something related to that master's.

My sister also got admitted into her master's, in the Netherlands. She'll leave in July.

As for myself, I will also finish my bachelor this year and with a pretty good average. I didn't apply for any master's though because I don't know what I want to do. I have no idea what to do after I get my degree. I was thinking about doing all the english exams/GMAT etc but that won't make up for the whole year. I could apply for an internship but there aren't many and youth unemployment is also pretty high. I feel like everyone already has their life planned out for the next years and I'm still at the same place, with no sense of direction.

To top all that I really want to be in a relationship, but at the same time I feel like I'm not ready for something like that and that there are no women that would satisfy some of my likely unrealistic expectations.

Even so, I don't really feel depressed. Just a bit overwhelmed and sad when I think about it.

I never know what to do next.

ForWantOf

I ruin everything. I'm so self-centered. In a bad situation, I only think about how I'm feeling, which only makes things worse. I'm horrible. I need to show more compassion for others and think about how they're feeling instead of making it all about me.

Amitush123

I ruin everything. I'm so self-centered. In a bad situation, I only think about how I'm feeling, which only makes things worse. I'm horrible. I need to show more compassion for others and think about how they're feeling instead of making it all about me.

Funny thing. I often think that about myself, and then it turns out the exact opposite.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
That's bull talk! now give me some money so I can get me some candy :bigsmile:

Sorry, am skint. Ah've nae money tae spend on candy... :giggle:

While ah appreciate tryin' tae raise ma mood a wee bit... :thumbup: Still cannae help feelin' what ah said previously. Ah would rant/vent about it but wouldnae want tae bring anyone doon with ma negativity, angry, rage, profane language...

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
The weather can't seem to decide between sunny and stormy... I wish it could just explode into a huge thunderstorm, I don't feel like having a sunny day :p

jaim38

For the past several month, I was watching a drama about a king and his queen and concubines. The story was told from a concubine's perspective. tbh, I didn't like the drama at all but I was only watching it because my parents were. My mom seemed to like it. When the drama showed the old king sleeping with one of his young concubines, my mom sorta blushed and chuckled sweetly. I couldn't bear to watch such a scene and always felt disgusted. And just yesterday one of the concubines was lecturing her sister on how to be a good 2nd wife to the king's brother. The duke already had 1 wife but the sister didn't want to be 2nd. I totally cringed at this. If I were to get married, I wouldn't want to be 2nd to anything. The man who marries me must have only me in his heart and no one else.

But the worst scene is probably when the king forced an arranged marriage between his son and some other lady whom he doesn't like at all, but the concubine sweetly coerced him to anyway. Yuck moment.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm sorry Graeme but totally can relate.
I'm feeling too low at the moment. I think most people are insensitive but I guess its just me being irrational.

Sorry tae hear that, ah can also relate. :sad: Feel better soon, darlin'. :thumbup: