Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I tried to find them a couple of months ago and came up empty. Maybe Shellharbour doesn't like them. :giggle:

Lucky you are not keen on them then :bigsmile:
I guess some shops delete a type if it does not sell well. I have tried to find those "tic-toc" biscuits for ages without any luck.

Last edited:
THUNDERSTORMS!!!!!!! Bring 'em on bring 'em on bring 'em on!

It's unfortunate that I can't go for a run today in my :D ---> BRAND NEW SNEAKERS <--- :D but... I like thunderstorms and we haven't had one in a long time. I hope it's a good one with plenty of visible lightning :D

Oh and um... the new shoes are awesome. After the guy studied my gait and foot mechanics he picked out a couple for me to try on. I didn't notice a huge difference between the two but the second was a nicer color so I bought them :p I could have tried others on and maybe I should have, but they really felt amazingly comfortable. I tested them outside before I bought them. Seemed perfect. They did move around a tiny bit in the heel, which isn't good, but the half size smaller one was TOO small... so I laced the bigger ones differently and they seem fine now. A teeny tiny bit of movement (I mean, barely noticeable) seems like it would be normal... I'm having running shoe OCD here. They feel amazing though, I cannot WAIT to try them out. They're Sauconys, just in case anyone was wondering :p

Last edited:
^I don't know if it's just a façade, but you seem happier since you started running and being careful of what you eat :p

Actually, I noticed that too. I mean it hasn't cured my problems, but it has made me more resilient, I think. I had a couple incidents last week and if I hadn't made these changes I think maybe it would have crushed me for a while, but lately I just bounce back from negativity like it was a bad dream. It must be my lifestyle changes because I'm not in therapy or anything, haha. Plus running gives me something extra to look forward to every other day. I NEVER thought I would say that - I always hated running.

Thank you for noticing :p

Anyway. I'm talking way too much. I hope everyone else is doing well today.

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Actually, I noticed that too. I mean it hasn't cured my problems, but it has made me more resilient, I think. I had a couple incidents last week and if I hadn't made these changes I think maybe it would have crushed me for a while, but lately I just bounce back from negativity like it was a bad dream. It must be my lifestyle changes because I'm not in therapy or anything, haha. Plus running gives me something extra to look forward to every other day. I NEVER thought I would say that - I always hated running.

Yeah it keeps depression at bay does it? As you say it doesn't cure everything like magic, but it's surprising the effect it has on your state of mind, it becomes a lot easier to let go of things that used to be the end of the world :) Really glad for you that you find the motivation to keep up with it.

Is there any post where I can take a look at this new diet of yours?

It's nothing special, haha. I just cut back on the carbs, junk food, and overly processed food with excess calories, sodium and sugar. I sometimes still eat things like that, but I moderate it. Some days I don't meet my goals but overall I've been doing well, looking at the food journal I keep on Livestrong.com. I've been eating a LOT more veggies and some fruits, keeping most meals balanced, and as always drinking a few glasses of water a day (I think 8 is way too many so I don't care about the number exactly as long as I feel hydrated).

...it becomes a lot easier to let go of things that used to be the end of the world :) Really glad for you that you find the motivation to keep up with it.

Yes! Exactly. I'm amazed and so happy that it helps so much, really more people who are depressed and fairly sedentary should even just take a half hour walk every day to start and even that will make you feel better I think. And thank you!

Ithior

8 glases of water is too many?? I can drink a 1,5 l bottle in one go.

I guess it depends on the person. I can't drink much myself. Even at the gym I don't even drink half a litre.
My sister drinks a lot, but she also goes to the bathroom a lot, like once an hour.

Phoenixx

It's nothing special, haha. I just cut back on the carbs, junk food, and overly processed food with excess calories, sodium and sugar. I sometimes still eat things like that, but I moderate it. Some days I don't meet my goals but overall I've been doing well, looking at the food journal I keep on Livestrong.com. I've been eating a LOT more veggies and some fruits, keeping most meals balanced, and as always drinking a few glasses of water a day (I think 8 is way too many so I don't care about the number exactly as long as I feel hydrated).
^ I read somewhere that your water intake should be half of your weight in ounces. For example, mine is 54.5 oz. (109 lbs. x 0.5 oz. = 54.5) So for me, 8 glasses is technically too many, but drinking 8 glasses definitely isn't going to hurt me. If anything I'll just be a little extra hydrated. ;) The standard 8 glasses, I think, is what most people fall under on average, which is why it's considered the standard.

Just seeing your posts on here Opa, it sounds like you're doing a really great job. I'm glad you're doing better! :thumbup:

coyote

^ I read somewhere that your water intake should be half of your weight in ounces. For example, mine is 54.5 oz. (109 lbs. x 0.5 oz. = 54.5) Just seeing your posts on here Opa, it sounds like you're doing a really great job. I'm glad you're doing better! :thumbup:

i use the same formula to determine how much beer to drink :thumbup:

MikeyC

Thank you for noticing :p

Anyway. I'm talking way too much. I hope everyone else is doing well today.
You're doing well. :)

8 glases of water is too many?? I can drink a 1,5 l bottle in one go.
Yeah, if I'm thirsty, I can drink half a litre without taking a breath. A litre in about two minutes. I love it!

xSleepy

It's nearly summer and now the skunks are comin out, which means skunk juices. One of them sprayed and I can smell it through my window which is open because it's too friggin hot.

I might puke.