how do you guys dress/look in real life?

Phil_i

I dress okay i think... Skinny (not that skinny :)) jeans and usually polo or button up shirt if I'm going out or something. People wouldn't think i have social problems by how i look/dress, although I guess my posture used to be pretty shit, i used to hunch a bit, especially when anxious. But i think I've fixed my posture now so i guess people think i'm normal until they notice the awkwardness... Haha

It depends. Usually I just wear simple clothes, like black or blue jeans and blazers. Sometimes I wear alternative clothes, but nowadays I'm more into retro and vintage. I'm a big fan of the 40's and the 50's. I like to dress retro during my photoshoots. I like to change my hair colour from time to time. Currently my hair colour is brown.

Last edited:
Blahhhh

I usually dress in all black sweat pants, since I only have like 2 pairs, and a sold colored t-shirt, often black, with a sweatshirt. Sometimes I won't wear the sweatshirt if it's deadly hot outside. It kills me to know how boring I look, especially because I HATE being boring, but I don't feel I can wear anything else. I also usually have on a hood and sunglasses. I haven't bought any new clothes in about 5 years....

Lonelykitsune

I try to dress in a way to not attract attention,just jeans and long sleeve tops with a hoodie or zip up top.Id love to have the confidence(and money) to be able to wear gothic lolita clothes,there so cool but id definetly get stares and a reputation for being weird.I love gothic clothes but dont wear any...

Shorts / manpris / jeans depending on the temperature, mostly manpris 'cause it's comfy and it has a lot of pockets where I keep literally everything. I only wear longer pants when temperatures dive sub-zero. I get teased about that but it's a personal preference thing
T-shirt / polo shirt up top.

I try to dress boring because I feel boring most of the time. and I dont' want people to set high expectations for me based on first impressions. But I guess that's just the SA talking.

I'm debating whether I should use wax on my hair. I tried some of my roomie's the other day and it makes me feel kind of fake. As in I look too confident and sociable. it just doesn't go with my personality / mood.

Tiercel

Fat, ugly, and bad clothes.

Oh, and my right sneaker has a hole in it. So I'm developing an unusual dislike for the rain.

Noca

Banned
I dress well-dressed casual. Usually jeans, a button up t-shirt, and a nice expensive coat.

I think the general population assumes those with SAD/whatever social problems are the ones who are ugly/fat/bad clothes/ etc but this is not true.

personally I try to comensate for my lack of social skills but trying to dress well/look good. I dont think the average person would look at me and assume i have social issues until they got to know who i really was.
Do you consider this as fake behavior? I mean i feel that i shouldnt make the other areas of my life the same level as my social skills so i try to improve those areas... so i work out, dress nice and good hygiene etc and hopefully to boost my confidence/self image.

just wondering what others here dress/look like

I seen the post pics thread and a good portion of them look like normal ppl to me then the rest fit the steretype i guess.

I agree with you! Most people seem to believe (judging by the movies, magazines, and so forth) that people with social anxiety of whatever sort it may be, are "weirdos", fat, ugly, ackward, poorly dressed, or otherwise visibly inadequate by the standards of popular culture. I must say I believed this was true myself, and that was a major source of anxiety and low self-esteem. I assumed everyone else with SA was a "freak", and that I was in the company of "weirdos", and therefore a "weirdo" myself. I came to this site after a conversation with my mom in which I admitted that possibly, people with SA were normal looking, had regular interests, and that many might be attractive cool people I would befriend in real life.

That is how I ended up here. I actualy have about 30 users' pictures saved on my computer as proof that most people with SA are normal by my personal standards, and many are very attractive and cool people, also by my standards. There is a tendency for people with SA to be weird, but it's not much stronger than that found among slightly more intellectual majors in college, or say in AP classes in high-school. A good 70 - 80% are drawn from a completely normal sample. Furthermore, the people who are "weird" looking tend to be so BECAUSE of their SA, from what I can tell.

I understand what u mean about dressing well and looking well to boast ur confidence, but I've realized that it's just a lie... u doing this makes u lie to urself... so u should keep on doing that.. but also working on ur social skills and I'm considered pretty and I still have SA, I also dress good, but I still have SA! :D

Remus

Staff member
like this:

picture.php

retro/indie/casual look

thats my stern look oooo

lookahead

I don't think that the general population even realize what social phobia is not to mention what people with social phobia look or dress like.

Very true! There needs to be more awareness raised. I've often thought about doing something to raise awareness.

Plain plain plain. I live in the kind of town where I could ride in the back of a truck shirtless and no one would look twice, so I'm afraid dressing nice would just alienate me more. Still, I own a few nice shirts should the occasion call for it.

Actually, I think wearing nothing but jeans and t-shirts year round have created a secret desire to overdress to ridiculous lengths all the time, but I'm worried people would think I was trying too hard if I basically cos-played wherever I went, and by extension think that I must have low self-esteem (they'd be right of course and I'd be exposed, my greatest fear).

Luke1993

Suits. I'm a classy person.

But seriously I just wear plain boring stuff not into designer clothes and all that jazz

Generical

Can see most of my wardrobe in my clone pics Mainly t-shirt, jeans, coats and a shirt with sleeves rolled up if i wanna feel fancy.

klytus

I never wear Jeans. In fact, I use outdoor clothing - stuff meant for hiking - as my standard wear - preferably by Jack Wolfskin. I never wear suits, as I reject most of our Western culture. I exclusively wear classical shirts with sleeves folded up, or a casual t-shirt together with a polo-neck sweater, depending on the weather conditions.

I would love to try a trench-coat. For that, however, I still feel too young.

Jake123

Banned
I never wear Jeans. In fact, I use outdoor clothing - stuff meant for hiking - as my standard wear - preferably by Jack Wolfskin. I never wear suits, as I reject most of our Western culture. I exclusively wear classical shirts with sleeves folded up, or a casual t-shirt together with a polo-neck sweater, depending on the weather conditions.

I would love to try a trench-coat. For that, however, I still feel too young.

Jeans are pretty good for rough outdoor stuff... Hikers and cowboys and whatnot often wear jeans :p

agoraphobickatie

there's not really a way to describe how i dress, i just wear whatever i find that i like, which could be just about anything :) haha... anywho, i just bought these shoes --
24bj3h3.jpg
:D