how do you guys dress/look in real life?

Why

I think the general population assumes those with SAD/whatever social problems are the ones who are ugly/fat/bad clothes/ etc but this is not true.

personally I try to comensate for my lack of social skills but trying to dress well/look good. I dont think the average person would look at me and assume i have social issues until they got to know who i really was.
Do you consider this as fake behavior? I mean i feel that i shouldnt make the other areas of my life the same level as my social skills so i try to improve those areas... so i work out, dress nice and good hygiene etc and hopefully to boost my confidence/self image.

just wondering what others here dress/look like

I seen the post pics thread and a good portion of them look like normal ppl to me then the rest fit the steretype i guess.

lunarla

I have my own sort of style, I don't think it's necessarily bad. I like it and some of my far more fashion forward acquaintances have commented positively on some things that I have worn. For the most part I like to be comfortable. I sort of joke that my style is that of an elderly woman's though. I just tend to wear jeans and sweaters, different button ups, etc.

I recently got this new leather-looking jacket with a nice interior. With it being fall-like weather I've just been wearing a lot of that with a toque. Soooo comfy.

As for hygiene, it's just sort of a natural thing? I wouldn't really think that bad hygiene applies to everyone with SA or similar issues. I think most of us look very normal and just blend in with everyone else.

Last edited:

Jake123

Banned
I guess I kinda dress "metrosexual", but it's because I'm gay and naturally have a sense of fashion I suppose (lol)... that and my sister is kinda obsessed with dressing me up.

I suppose at first glance you might not think I have problems, which is why in still photographs people can't believe I would be the "type" to suffer from those things (god, I hate stereotypes), but really it's more of how I act that makes people realize something's up. It's not normal.

A picture may be worth a thousand words but a picture is also a brief millisecond of time, anything can be going on before and after.

hippiechild

I have long hair, wear black tshirts and ridiculously loose pants with a tight belt, properly positioned at my waist. My feet are muddy and bare 80% of the time, at least until some rule-ninny tells me to put something on... then I wear sandals.

Everything involved in my existence is hol(e)y and wholly covered in blood, mud and or hair. Hairs that are still secured to my scap tend to also be the resting place for grass, sticks and leaves...
:D

Last edited:

AGR

Usually a variation of how I am in my avatar,with jeans,colours I like are grey,black,blue and white.

goldenapple

80s-girl.jpg

Why does everyone always stare at me?

Harleyq

Apparently, I look popular in real life. I remember my last roommate telling me I'm the only friend she made who "looked cool"

Depends on my mood. Don't really like the highschool stereotypes but just to make the description easier for people to picture, I mix preppy and goth styles, overall. A typical outfit for me would be something like a light-blue cable-knit sweater, a light khaki mini skirt (mid-thigh, not up to my a--), knee-high combat boots, a chain and pendant I have that's a metal skull with spikes sticking out of it (and a nice one, not a cheap-looking Hot Topic skull - this thing is heavy duty and will hurt you, lol), some kind of flowery, sweet perfume, and probably glasses because chances are, I'm sitting in class staring at the chalkboard.

I don't consider your behavior fake at all. You choose to look nice, nothing wrong with that, no matter what the reasoning is behind it.

Last edited:

this_portrait

I wear lots of black, and sometimes I'll wear grey as well. I used to be a goth kid back in high school, with black hair, black eyeliner/shadow, black hoodies, black Tripp chain pants, black t-shirts, and all the wonderful accessories that go with it.

I still wear lots of black, but I'm finding I'll wear grey as well, and I don't wear Tripp pants anymore. I'd say I dress in plain black, mostly, with a punk/goth edge to it.

lunarla

I wish I had the kind of money that would enable me to buy nicer/larger selection of clothing and accessories. I have nice things and I do with what I have, but my wardrobe could always be better. I like fashion although I'm not a slave to it. Also, I own a few designer pieces that I pair with less expensive clothing. I enjoy putting my outfits together. When I get ready, it takes much longer for me to pick out clothes than it does for me to put on makeup (takes less than ten minutes). Basically, I love clothes! I would love to be a stylist for celebrities. They'd never be on the worst dressed list with my help. lol

I, too, wish that I had the money to buy a larger selection of clothing. But that being said, I think I do all right with what I do have. You look very nice and well put together though!

philly2bits

I wear pretty much anything plain. T-shirts and jeans in the warmer weather, plain sweatshirts and jeans in colder weather. I don't own many dress clothes or even many "nice" clothes.

Jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts... or lately I've been working so much, I just continually wear the black slacks both of my jobs require. I pay zero attention to fashion trends, I just like to be comfortable. I prefer black and darker shades of purple, green, and blue, but I haven't bought anything new (except to work in) in forever. I don't wear make-up, and as long as my hair is combed (it gets tangled/messy pretty easily) I'm all set.

I do feel compelled to compensate for my lack of social behaviour. I dress neat and tidy, I use a tonne of hairspray to make sure my hair is always in place, and can't leave the house unless my make up is done.
I think if my appearance is as good as I can get it, than people will have less to criticize about me when they discover I am so quiet, awkward, no self confidence etc.

Nack

Banned
Skater Boyish kind of look, well that's what my sister told me... The disheveled messy hair, V neck tees with sweaters, converse etc. I have even been told i have this bad boy look. Asian girls dig it, so i'm not complaining :D

h4sk1

Depends on my mood.
When I'm guite derpressed only wear full black sweaters, and I thinkI must look quite depressing. But When I'm feeling relatively good, I wear a bit weird but good clothes with color on them. I havelots of clothes but when I'm depressed I only wear one of them, cause I just can't wear anything else, it's hard enough to go out.

rayray

I dont have alot of clothes,but everything i own is mostly black/grey.
Usually i wear hoodie,studded belt and skinny jeans.
I kinda like to stick on something one .. like,if i buy new pair of jeans,i probably will start to wear them and forget about previous ones,lol.
I wish i would look good in V neck t's,but it just makes me look skinnier than i am,well,atleast the one i own.