How are you feeling?

SoScared

My book showed up on MSN's home page as an advert. It wasn't me who triggered it and I don't know how it happened. Must be somebody out there is promoting it. A friend of mine saw it and sent me the screenshot. It really picked up my spirits and made my day.
Targeting. It's the algorithm..always the algorithm - nothing occurs ramdomly

Phoenixx

Cold! Our nice warm spring weather got put to a halt this week and was replaced by cold temps and rain. Some places not far from here even got snow, but thankfully we didn't. Of course our furnace had to get shut off this week as we were having an issue with it shutting off randomly and not starting back up. I hope someone is able to come look at it this weekend, and hopefully whatever the issue is will be covered under warranty (we just had this new furnace installed only a year ago). We're running the little electric heater and the fireplace at the moment, which is helping take the edge off, but living in a nearly 100-year-old house it's going to stay a little chilly even with both of those running.

lily

I'd like to go out for a walk tomorrow. I feel guilty for not doing any housework in the house lately but it's really not my fault, it's the medication but I still feel bad. I have to get to doing more and rely on God. I said sorry to God today and I have a repentant heart. I don't want to do anything he does not want me to do and I think I know what he doesn't want me to do. He's a powerful God.

Phoenixx

In a pissy mood today. Only have one day off, then back to work for 6 days with a shift change in between. It was expected, but I haven't been sleeping great because of all the changes happening currently. It's just my body trying to adjust and my anxiety wanting to take over. The new job is actually going great, I just wish I felt better about it.

But the one day off that I have, I have to cram all my errands into one short day. It's not fun trying to do that with lack of sleep. 😑😒

I also feel like I haven't even taken the time to enjoy myself at all this month. My birthday is in exactly two weeks. I normally treat myself to something, buy myself something small I've wanted for a while (like a game or a book or something), but I haven't even really thought about it. I'll have to actually work on my birthday for the first time in god knows how many years. On third shift of all things. Not really looking forward to it honestly, but I've been spoiled this long. 🤷‍♀️

On another note, I also feel bad because my other half really wanted to have a date night tonight to the movies now that we can actually go (and haven't been out anywhere on a date in literally months), but had to cancel because I have to go to bed so early tonight to be at work early tomorrow. :(

LoyalXenite

In a pissy mood today. Only have one day off, then back to work for 6 days with a shift change in between. It was expected, but I haven't been sleeping great because of all the changes happening currently. It's just my body trying to adjust and my anxiety wanting to take over. The new job is actually going great, I just wish I felt better about it.

But the one day off that I have, I have to cram all my errands into one short day. It's not fun trying to do that with lack of sleep. 😑😒

I also feel like I haven't even taken the time to enjoy myself at all this month. My birthday is in exactly two weeks. I normally treat myself to something, buy myself something small I've wanted for a while (like a game or a book or something), but I haven't even really thought about it. I'll have to actually work on my birthday for the first time in god knows how many years. On third shift of all things. Not really looking forward to it honestly, but I've been spoiled this long. 🤷‍♀️

On another note, I also feel bad because my other half really wanted to have a date night tonight to the movies now that we can actually go (and haven't been out anywhere on a date in literally months), but had to cancel because I have to go to bed so early tonight to be at work early tomorrow. :(

If I havent swung by again before or on your birthday Happy Birthday! I didnt realize/remember that our birthdays were so close together! I hope that you're able to have time after or even before work to do something enjoyable on your birthday 💕

LoyalXenite

Just had a wee look through the notifications on my SoundCloud account, and...

Either some people on there are giving me way too much credit as a guitarist - comparing my guitar playing style to Eddie Van Halen and Buckethead... o_O🤯 - or maybe I really am that good? 🤔 Even though I'm reluctant to admit that... I worry that I'd come across as really arrogant if I did.

I think my oldest sister's right, though, when she told me that I seem to deliberately underestimate my guitar playing abilities because of imposter syndrome than a lack of confidence.

It's quite surreal, humbling and creatively motivating to be compared to such highly regarded, iconic musicians. Even though, I still don't think I'm even close to being nearly as good as them.

I was always impressed by what you showed us, they always sounded great

LoyalXenite

I feel a lot better.

I had a bad fever the other night, with terrible chills. It felt like I was gonna die.

This happened last year around this time, as well. The worst part was I had hardly any medicine in the place... not that I could even get up to take it. Gus was lying beside me the whole time though, which was good from an emotional standpoint, but HORRIBLE from the standpoint that it felt like a red-hot steam cleaner beside me in bed.

Anywho... this is probably one of the reasons single men live shorter lives than married ones. Did I mention that my dad died because he got food poisoning and laid in bed for 6 days and by the time he got to the doctor all they could do was give him palliative care?

Wake up, dude... make changes instead of excuses.
Thats quite shocking. I've had food poisoning several times, severely a few times and I've never gone to the doctors for it, always just waited it out. It never really felt like it was worth bothering a doctor for 😅 😬

Phoenixx

If I havent swung by again before or on your birthday Happy Birthday! I didnt realize/remember that our birthdays were so close together! I hope that you're able to have time after or even before work to do something enjoyable on your birthday 💕
Thank you!! I didn't realize this either honestly! What day is yours?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm heartbroken.

One of my grandpa's cats was lying dead in the driveway this morning when I went to go feed them. It was the matriarch of the group, so it really hit hard. She was the most wary of them all. I may say more about it later, I'm pretty torn up about it right now. I had to tell someone, though.

I laid her to rest in the backyard. Buried in a nice, shady, little spot.

Rest in peace, Little Mamma.

lily

I am feeling bored lately too with the lockdown restrictions. I want to go out for a walk. I hope I have a better day tomorrow.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Pissed off and annoyed that I'm still kept outta the loop on things by my family. I'm always the last to know or I don't find out about something unless I ask about it. Or I'll get informed at the last minute and caught off guard, which is only time I react by getting angry. Other than that, I'm not prone to flying off the handle.

Unlike the my mother and the middle sibling, who had a habit of snapping when asked or told something. No wonder I still have issues trusting or confiding in them. :mad: