How are you feeling?

Miserum

It has been two years since I'd say I've started to drive again after a period of a decade of not driving, or driving less frequently. I don't think I'm at a stage where I can drive in a calm state of mind - even taking a short journey gives me anxiety, thinking about every situation that may develop or happen (accidents, car breaking down on me and not knowing what to do) and my reaction when something happens (a bad gear change, close shaves or near accidents) to cuss and sweat. I think everytime I drive I get out of the car sweating. So in short lol - the jury is still out. Some days good, especially when I drive consistently without any issues, and some days I just don't want to but have to.
Sounds like you're really overthinking. I posted this the other day and have really tried to purposely cut down my worrying, limiting it to 30 minutes a day. Articles at the end of that article are also useful.

I'm afraid to say it actually works, but it feels like it's working.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I've been trying to work through this funk all day. I signed up to volunteer at a local foodbank this Thursday. I hope I like it, because if I do I'll make it a regular thing every week. It'll help get me out of the house to form a new network and maybe get me new leads on jobs. Sadly couldn't volunteer at the local animal shelter as much as I would've preferred to because they're not taking any new volunteers right now due to COVID. :rolleyes::confused:

Phoenixx

Still waking up sad and depressed as usual, but at least I FINALLY got a full night's sleep without any nightmares. Weird dreams, sure, but nothing that left me feeling agitated or scared. I'm still tired, now that my body feels like it can catch up on a week's worth of lost rest, but it was so relieving not waking up in the middle of the night several times. Wish I could go right back to bed, but now I have to get my butt out the door to do my grocery shopping and still take out the garbage.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER

fantasy-studs.gif

Miserum

Sounds like you're really overthinking. I posted this the other day and have really tried to purposely cut down my worrying, limiting it to 30 minutes a day. Articles at the end of that article are also useful.

@SilentAndShy By the way, the way I personally practice "not overthinking" is by staying cognizant of my thought flow throughout the day. If I feel that I'm overthinking about something, I literally stop myself from thinking about it. I just tell myself to block it out and then I turn my focus to other things.

SilentAndShy

Thank you for that article and subsequent links within it - already reading it gave me focus to try and implement this. I don't know if I can schedule time every day for a specific time but I'm going to try to. I've probably read some aspects to it before (definitely heard the three things to be grateful of and I actually used to before I started work 3/4 years ago as I worried about underperforming on that day) however I will try to do this and let you know how I get on*

*if you don't see me post on this then it may be I've not done it lol

Miserum

Thank you for that article and subsequent links within it - already reading it gave me focus to try and implement this. I don't know if I can schedule time every day for a specific time but I'm going to try to. I've probably read some aspects to it before (definitely heard the three things to be grateful of and I actually used to before I started work 3/4 years ago as I worried about underperforming on that day) however I will try to do this and let you know how I get on*

*if you don't see me post on this then it may be I've not done it lol

My 30 minutes of worrying is spread out throughout the day. I count whenever I find myself ruminating/worrying as part of that 30 minutes. I don't block off an entire half-hour chunk to do it.

I think if I added up all the times I worry throughout the day, the sum would easily be 30 minutes or more. Wish you luck!

I’m really fucking irritated. I know that we’re not dating anymore and are just roommates, but I have a schedule. I hate having people over and you know that. I hate that you wait to have people over until 3 in the afternoon and they don’t leave until 8 pm. I have to do laundry, get my stuff together for work tomorrow and make dinner. None of which I want to do with people over. I wish you would respect that rather than try to force me to socialize. This is one of the reasons we will never work out. I am a loner. Always have been, always will be.

Phoenixx

Like a lovely pile of garbage. Of course I had to schedule volunteer work on a morning where I feel so cruddy and in pain thanks to Aunt Flo being late, plus had to have a 2nd job interview scheduled this afternoon right after volunteering because somebody (not me) f-ed up on the scheduling when it should've been yesterday. :rolleyes: Today's going to be a long day.