How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
So does this mean you can fix our custom titles? :LOL:

cowbell.gif

Phoenixx

Kind of sad. I had a really great weekend seeing a couple friends I hadn't seen in nearly a year. I actually got to go out to a state park for the first time this whole freaking year. I already hate that the weekend is over because I enjoyed the travelling so much. I miss my travels and I miss seeing my friends. 😔 I hope I can catch up on those things next year.

Now starting a new job this week, with orientation tomorrow first thing in the morning. I'm eager to go, yet dreading it. 😕

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
How do you guys remember your old titles, Im sure I had one but I couldnt remember it for the life of me

I re-remembered the last time when exploring SPW through the waybackmachine. I looked quickly (an hour) for yours on there and came up with nothing (five different titles Jewel used to have). Between all the (very much appreciated!) SPW site updates, looking at the site through the waybackmachine has become much more frustrating 😤

LoyalXenite

I re-remembered the last time when exploring SPW through the waybackmachine. I looked quickly (an hour) for yours on there and came up with nothing (five different titles Jewel used to have). Between all the (very much appreciated!) SPW site updates, looking at the site through the waybackmachine has become much more frustrating 😤

If im remembering right I only had it for a very short time before there was an update and it took them away, but it is possibleIm confusing it with a different forum. I used to be on a fair few back in the day. Thanks for checking though

Phoenixx

Back to feeling pretty sad. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm tired and overwhelmed after today. Or maybe there were some things I encountered with the new job I didn't like because I tend to expect too much out of new things and new people only to be let down. I don't know. I expected orientation to take maybe 3 hours tops then I could head home and look over more paperwork and basically prep for tomorrow and also do some grocery shopping to prepare for the week. Instead I had orientation at the county office of the organization the company I'm working for is under, that was 2 hours, then had to travel to my actual workplace for more orientation stuff. In between I had to grab fast food for lunch and eat on the way because I wasn't even notified that I'd be in two locations today. The 2nd part of orientation lasted 3 hours and basically left when the workday was over. I still had to grocery shop before heading home and got that done. So 5 hours of paperwork and training videos, plus 2 hours total of driving and everywhere I had to go to, I'm freaking wiped after today. My head feels like it's going to explode, and I don't think I can review anything else. 😵😓

Most of the people I met today were nice. I'm wary of my manager though. Maybe it's because she had a busy day, but she seemed like she didn't want to discuss anything at the end of the day when I had questions about certain procedures and such. When we came back to the office area after she had showed me some things in the facility, I kinda stood there looking through some of my paperwork but otherwise didn't really know what to do with myself. She just walked over and started looking at her mail, never said "See you tomorrow," or any closure indicating for me to leave, and then asks me kind of snippy like, "Didn't [supervisor] say you could head out early?" She did, but I didn't think she was done with me, but I just replied and played kinda dumb like, "Oh, yeah. So we'll finish the training tomorrow? What time do you want me in?" No one even clarified this the whole day either, thought it was foolish to have to ask honestly. But whatever. We'll see how this goes. I hope my manager isn't too terrible because I don't think I can emotionally and mentally handle another bad boss.

SilentAndShy

Back low again - ultimately it's anxiety derailing my days when faced with doing certain tasks that in my gut I don't want to do, but I kinda end up forcing myself to do it for other people and I go into it with a dark mood that doesn't change throughout that activity. Then as expected, mistakes happen (driving related) and I'm back to dropping F-bombs and cussing, and I go uncommunicative as I am now. Man, I wish I could change my environment to not be around family and just live a quiet life with my children and wife in a secluded spot.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I don't recall either you or LoyalXenite having a title before but it's less work for me than even making a normal post with the new system. Just tell me what you want. On the down side the ability to alter usernames seems to have been disabled.

Back to feeling pretty sad. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm tired and overwhelmed after today. Or maybe there were some things I encountered with the new job I didn't like because I tend to expect too much out of new things and new people only to be let down. I don't know. I expected orientation to take maybe 3 hours tops then I could head home and look over more paperwork and basically prep for tomorrow and also do some grocery shopping to prepare for the week. Instead I had orientation at the county office of the organization the company I'm working for is under, that was 2 hours, then had to travel to my actual workplace for more orientation stuff. In between I had to grab fast food for lunch and eat on the way because I wasn't even notified that I'd be in two locations today. The 2nd part of orientation lasted 3 hours and basically left when the workday was over. I still had to grocery shop before heading home and got that done. So 5 hours of paperwork and training videos, plus 2 hours total of driving and everywhere I had to go to, I'm freaking wiped after today. My head feels like it's going to explode, and I don't think I can review anything else. 😵😓

Most of the people I met today were nice. I'm wary of my manager though. Maybe it's because she had a busy day, but she seemed like she didn't want to discuss anything at the end of the day when I had questions about certain procedures and such. When we came back to the office area after she had showed me some things in the facility, I kinda stood there looking through some of my paperwork but otherwise didn't really know what to do with myself. She just walked over and started looking at her mail, never said "See you tomorrow," or any closure indicating for me to leave, and then asks me kind of snippy like, "Didn't [supervisor] say you could head out early?" She did, but I didn't think she was done with me, but I just replied and played kinda dumb like, "Oh, yeah. So we'll finish the training tomorrow? What time do you want me in?" No one even clarified this the whole day either, thought it was foolish to have to ask honestly. But whatever. We'll see how this goes. I hope my manager isn't too terrible because I don't think I can emotionally and mentally handle another bad boss.

What you're describing sounds pretty normal to me. I've been through that and worse multiple times. I don't mean it sounds proper or good, mind. Just normal. The start of a new job is always the worst. Learning new things in a new environment with new people creates a lot of stress even if nothing specifically bad happens. Even though it would be smart and good business for a company to go out of their way to help new employees as much as possible that's just not human nature. People are too caught up in their own stuff.