How are you feeling?

Miserum

I would, if I could convince them to go family therapy. But that’ll probably end up as massive row. Much like the idea of us all taking a family holiday together. Since the middle child likes to think and believes she doesn’t have issues, it’s everyone else. Her shouting n’ swearing and going on n’ on during arguments — to the point where we just go: “F…k it! Ah give up!” — not withstanding.
I hope you and your family can find peace one day, man.

Miserum

I'm feeling lonely today. I'm dying to get back out and find a job again. I can't stand being in a house all day, at the same time when I do go out all I want to do is immediately go back home because I get that heavy feeling sinking in my chest and I feel like I can't breathe.
Just my opinion:

The thing is, staying inside being asocial just makes going outside worse the more you do it. Speaking from experience.

Having a job fucking sucks too, and has its own set of social problems, but I don't think I'd ever want to go back to being unemployed and living at my parents' place.

That said, I don't think you should feel too bad about being asocial at the moment. It's to be expected in your situation. I feel like a person's concept of self-worth is often tied up with the things they do in life; in this case I'm talking about a job and career.

If a job and career is something you deeply care about, and you also care about what others think about you lacking these things--and you are lacking these things--you're going to feel pretty shitty all around, no matter if you're cooped up at home or out and about. Don't be too hard on yourself... and keep on working on yourself despite the shitty feelings.

Last edited:
Annoyed and irritable that my day has been semi-affected by being too ambitious with things I needed to do. I should have kept it a simple day but tried doing too much and getting more anxious as the day went on.

And to top it off, I must have made a fool out of myself at the petrol station holding the pump in one hand and trying to unscrew the button to my petrol area and having a few attempts at it. Sure there was one gentleman pointing in my direction and laughing with the till attendant as I drove away

Phoenixx

And to top it off, I must have made a fool out of myself at the petrol station holding the pump in one hand and trying to unscrew the button to my petrol area and having a few attempts at it. Sure there was one gentleman pointing in my direction and laughing with the till attendant as I drove away
I remember a few years ago I stopped at the gas station on my way home from work. It was only 1pm, but I had been up since 3am and had to go into work early that day and I hadn't gotten a good night sleep prior, so of course I was exhausted. I unscrewed my gas cap and stood at the pump pressing the button of the grade I wanted and could not get it to work. A random guy came over to see what my issue was because I'm sure I looked frustrated. He grabs the nozzle and hands it to me, presses the button, laughs, and walks away. I was so tired I didn't realize that I didn't even grab the nozzle and put it in my car. I quit going to that station after that. I also still think about it whenever I get gas because my brain likes to torture me. :confused:

Kiwong

I have a motivation switch. Now my anxiety is less, it is switched on more often. I think outside the box and do things beyond what is expected of me at work. I focus on the bigger conservation picture, I have motivation to explore the bush, to learn, to leave a legacy of my knowledge of native bush plants.

F0AM

I hate when ppl stop talking to you all of a sudden for no apparent reason, one day you're great, they love you and like to hang out with you and the next they just stop talking....literally. Man i'm no seer, could you please tell me why did you decided to toss me out of your life just like that?? Maybe they don't wan't to say anything in order to not hurt your feelings or whatever but you're gonna hurt me anyway by just dessapearing so could you talk to me and give me some explanation? rather be hurt than hurt and confused wondering what did i do wrong :(

Generally speaking it's always annoying but it hurts when someone you considered friend does that. One friend did that to me a year ago and he came back apologizing (his explanation was shit lol but ok). And now another friend does that too...But at least with that other friend we argued and were mad at each other, so i can (to an extent) understant the outcome. But with this one? last time we talk we were good having a nice time like always.

A friend says maybe he didn't talk to me for whatever reason and now he's ashamed to say anything...but don't know. I need to see reprocity, i'm usually the one making steps and i just can't keep doing this. If i don't se reciprocity then i'm done because i feel like i'm forcing a friendship and that's not how it works nor how i'd like it to be.

I hate when ppl stop talking to you all of a sudden for no apparent reason, one day you're great, they love you and like to hang out with you and the next they just stop talking....literally. Man i'm no seer, could you please tell me why did you decided to toss me out of your life just like that?? Maybe they don't wan't to say anything in order to not hurt your feelings or whatever but you're gonna hurt me anyway by just dessapearing so could you talk to me and give me some explanation? rather be hurt than hurt and confused wondering what did i do wrong :(

Generally speaking it's always annoying but it hurts when someone you considered friend does that. One friend did that to me a year ago and he came back apologizing (his explanation was shit lol but ok). And now another friend does that too...But at least with that other friend we argued and were mad at each other, so i can (to an extent) understant the outcome. But with this one? last time we talk we were good having a nice time like always.

A friend says maybe he didn't talk to me for whatever reason and now he's ashamed to say anything...but don't know. I need to see reprocity, i'm usually the one making steps and i just can't keep doing this. If i don't se reciprocity then i'm done because i feel like i'm forcing a friendship and that's not how it works nor how i'd like it to be.
Yea, people are just weird.

LoyalXenite

Its horrible when someone does that, people are just absolute assholes sometimes

theoutsider

Feeling slightly antsy. If I don't start on a new writing project soon, I feel like I will lose the ability. I don't know why I always feel this way once I finish one project. It's been a month since already. Hopefully, this weekend.

F0AM

Pretty devastated. Just found out one of my uncles died last night. :cry:
I am very sorry Greaeme, i hope you have good memories of him, tho painful, those helped me with my losses. I remember them with a smile because I'm glad that they were part of my life and were so lucky as to meet them. Those memories together, what they taught me (you can learn almost something from everyone)...make them somehow a part of me now.

But I know it hurts a lot at first so if you want to talk we're here (even DM if you want :) )

Again, I'm sorry Graeme

worrywort

Feeling a bit low today. Life is so complicated. I've got so much going on in my mind that I can't make sense of.

I don't understand other people, and what my responsibilities are to them. I think my attitude has gone wrong somewhere. I've been becoming more and more reluctant to be nice to people in case they exploit my niceness or decide that they like me and want to be friends with me, and then I have to turn them down because I'm so protective over my own space and I always feel like such a monstrous jerk whenever I turn people away. So I'm starting to figure that it's better to keep people at a distance from the outset. Usually by ignoring them altogether, though I can sense a part of me would even be prepared to be horrible to a person in order to keep them away from me. That's messed up, isn't it?

I feel like there are so few people on the planet who I feel like I'm on a similar enough wavelength with that I'm willing to let them into my life. With most people I just feel like I'm being polite. But is that my problem? Maybe I'm being too snobbish? I guess it's all a balance. The happier I am alone, the less desperate I'll be for companionship, and therefore the pickier I can be in who I let into my life. Whereas the less happy I am alone, the more desperate I'll be for companionship and therefore the less picky I can be about who I let into my life. And generally, over the years, I think I've been learning to be happier and happier alone. But a side effect of this is that I'm feeling less and less need to be nice to people anymore. And that worries me.

I want to be nice to people. I do care about people. I have compassion for every human on this planet. In theory at least! Life is so hard man and we're all so lost and messed up in our own ways. I've gotta be nicer to people.

I think there's a part of me that feels bad when I'm nice to people because I feel like I have a great big hole in my life, this great ball of sadness, and I feel like I haven't had the love I've wanted or needed or expected and so it always feels like a one sided act. Like a poor person donating their last few pennies so that a rich person can have a few extra grapes at their banquet. I guess I feel like a poor person in the love department. Is that a contradiction to what I just said about being happy alone? I guess I'm not really 'happy' alone, but I've learned to accept and make my peace with being unhappy alone.

So yea, I feel poor socially. But is that the right attitude to have? Maybe a person will always feel poor if they always focus on themselves and what they lack. Whereas if I focused on what I have and emptied myself and just focused on the joy of helping others, maybe I'd feel rich? I mean, we do live in the most interconnected world in history. I've made friends online from all over the world. I'm able to vent my deepest feelings with a degree of safety and anonymity on forums of like minded souls like this one. That's pretty lucky. Maybe I need to try again with this whole being nice to other people malarkey.

hmm...I think I'll leave it there...