How are you feeling?

Nanita

Well, I don't know if they help, per sa, it's just that I'm always told take an aspirin or paracetamol whenever I feel dizzy.

Also, as Louco said, better see a doctor just to be on the safe side. Sounds like ya could be coming down with the flu.

Thank you so much.

Today I feel much better. I drank a lot of water in case I was dehydrated. And I ate some meat yesterday (I usually don't eat very much meat) because I was thinking that maybe I need iron.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Thank you so much.

Today I feel much better. I drank a lot of water in case I was dehydrated. And I ate some meat yesterday (I usually don't eat very much meat) because I was thinking that maybe I need iron.

Glad to hear that yer feelin' better. :thumbup:

Nanita

Glad to hear that yer feelin' better. :thumbup:

Argh, after being awake for a few hours I must admit I still feel dizzy. When I'm sitting down I feel okay but sort of disorientated, and when I get up and walk, I feel dizzy and nauseous. And very weak and tired.
All this combined with the loud ringing in my ears, which is worse than usual, could be a sign of balance disorder.
If that's the case, I think it just takes time before it goes away, that's what I read.
I really hope that's not the case. I hope I can make it better by drinking lots of water and eating properly.

Graeme1988

Argh, after being awake for a few hours I must admit I still feel dizzy. When I'm sitting down I feel okay but sort of disorientated, and when I get up and walk, I feel dizzy and nauseous. And very weak and tired.
All this combined with the loud ringing in my ears, which is worse than usual, could be a sign of balance disorder.
If that's the case, I think it just takes time before it goes away, that's what I read.
I really hope that's not the case. I hope I can make it better by drinking lots of water and eating properly.

Oh, well drinking plenty of water and eating properly will certainly help. But as you said, it just takes time. Don't over exert yersel', though. Only get up and about when ya feel ye can. Nae need to force yerself too - that's just ends up makes ya feel worse, more than anythin'. Ah know from ma recent surgery experience, so I can definitely relate to the dizziness and feeling nauseous, weak and extremely tired.

Just give it time, and if you can, get a doctor to come and give you a home visit - if that's possible where you are? But only if things don't improve much in, say, a few more week.

Anyway, hope you get better soon, darlin'. :thumbup:

Phoenixx

Conflicted. I was presented yesterday with the opportunity to apply for a 22-week independent study program at a private practice nutrition center while still earning college credits. Evidently, it is one of the places I've been eyeing to contact this summer for an internship anyway. I need to be available every Wednesday from 2 - 6pm from the beginning of June to the end of October. However, when my classes do start, my last class on Wednesdays goes from 1 - 1:50pm, but is a heavy science course (or from what I hear; it's Organic Chem). I would have to leave class every Wednesday at least a half hour early from day 1 until the end of October to go to this internship, if I do get it. I'm afraid I'm going to miss out too much and then not be able to pass my exams.

And of course then there's work. My manager likes to give me all these extra hours. I'm practically full-time right now going to school part-time, which is somewhat nice since I need the money, and my classes this semester are not that demanding at all. But if I take this internship on, I feel like I may not have time to work that often given my student schedule. I'm taking 2 science courses with labs, in which two days out of the week I'm at campus all day until late afternoon. I can still work Tuesday mornings, Thursdays, Friday mornings, and Saturdays. I don't want to work Sundays as that is usually my day for catching up on things around the house and relaxing.

So... to apply or not to apply? I feel like I would be kicking myself for missing such a good opportunity. I need to make a decision fast as I need to submit a resume and cover letter to the director by the 29th. Even if I don't get it, at least I tried...?

Louco

Anyway, hope you get better soon, darlin'. :thumbup:

Me too.

I constantly have headaches, so I went to a neurologist because of that some time ago.

She asked for a magnetic resonance imaging test (the craziest test I have ever done btw), and the doctor said my brain is apparently fine.

Well, actually I'm still a little worried about the white dots here and there, which the test itself says it could be a sign of multiple sclerosis, but I guess I shouldn't be reading that.

Marc7

A gnat is a little bug that never sit still, always moving from one place to another. I do think that short attention spans is part of why people don't respond because their minds are going many directions at once. You have to really entertain them to capture and keep their attention which is too much work for me.

both real life and online.

I generally have a sarcastic sense of humor that many people don't understand.

Oh, don't you want to make friends or you have friends already? So I am screwed then?

Oh

Yea that is hard to deal with.

Last edited:

S_Spartan

Oh, don't you want to make friends or you have friends already? So I am screwed then?

Oh

Yea that is hard to deal with.
All hope is not lost for you. Just keep talking to people hoping something will "click" with someone but it takes a lot of work. More than I'm willing to do at this point of my life.
But I'm not totally against making new friends if it comes easy.

defiance

I am so anxious right now that I feel my heart wanting to just explode out of my chest. I am so sad that I wan't nothing more to do with this world. ALL I EVER THINK ABOUT AND TALK ABOUT IS DYING. MY GOD LET IT HAPPEN ALREADY I'M OVER THIS STUPID EXISTENCE.:kickingmyself::crying:

Kiwong

Is there a term for a fear of a town? I fear the town I live in, the people, the places. I think the town I live in must be the sister to Derry Maine in Stephen Kings It. Pennywise the dancing clown visits the sea.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Lie down and try to get some sleep, ma sister says. Kinda hard to do that when yer coughin' every few minutes, and yer sinuses are so blocked ya can hardly breathe. :kickingmyself:

defiance

Same Sh*t new day. If anything changes it is because it is usually changing for the worse. I am just so frustrated right now knowing that this isn't going to end anytime soon. One day it will all be over. It's the only thought that brings me any kind of joy,although minimal. Just to know that this suffering does have an expiration date makes me a little happy.

zharl

Same Sh*t new day. If anything changes it is because it is usually changing for the worse. I am just so frustrated right now knowing that this isn't going to end anytime soon. One day it will all be over. It's the only thought that brings me any kind of joy,although minimal. Just to know that this suffering does have an expiration date makes me a little happy.

:/

Life certainly is hard, isn't it?

Marc7

All hope is not lost for you. Just keep talking to people hoping something will "click" with someone but it takes a lot of work. More than I'm willing to do at this point of my life.
But I'm not totally against making new friends if it comes easy.

Good. Can you give me advice in what work it will take? Why do you want it if it comes easy only? Do you have friends you if you don't mind me asking?

S_Spartan

Good. Can you give me advice in what work it will take? Why do you want it if it comes easy only? Do you have friends you if you don't mind me asking?

Basically it will take initiating convos with people and having most of the conversations die out. This is especially true online. After all the people I've talked to online these past 20 years only 3 have "stuck" and I talk to on a regular basis.

At my age I don't feel like it's worth it to put a lot of work into making friends. It's not a top priority for me. I'd rather put that energy towards something else or take a nap or something.

I have a few friends from the past but most are long distance. I see them each a couple times a year. It's not so bad, gives me an excuse to travel and get out for a while.

I got one local friend but we are drifting apart. Which after 25 years of being friends is ok because I need a break anyway.