How are you feeling?

Marc7

Basically it will take initiating convos with people and having most of the conversations die out. This is especially true online. After all the people I've talked to online these past 20 years only 3 have "stuck" and I talk to on a regular basis.

At my age I don't feel like it's worth it to put a lot of work into making friends. It's not a top priority for me. I'd rather put that energy towards something else or take a nap or something.

I have a few friends from the past but most are long distance. I see them each a couple times a year. It's not so bad, gives me an excuse to travel and get out for a while.

I got one local friend but we are drifting apart. Which after 25 years of being friends is ok because I need a break anyway.

Can you tell me the right things to say so an person can respond to me?

Oh.

By long distance you mean people who moved away that you still keep in touch with?

Why are you drifting apart?

S_Spartan

Can you tell me the right things to say so an person can respond to me?

Oh.

By long distance you mean people who moved away that you still keep in touch with?

Why are you drifting apart?

The best thing is to ask people questions about themselves. A salesman told me years ago "when you can't think of what to say to someone always ask them a question about themselves. Everyone like to talk about themselves."

Yes, these people moved away and one I met online.

I don't know why we are drifting. I guess cause we are getting older and maybe after 25 years we are burned out with each other.
He's big into politics and he talks about that obsessively and I just can't do it because I don't care about that subject. Hearing about politics too much makes me feel burned out.

Marc7

The best thing is to ask people questions about themselves. A salesman told me years ago "when you can't think of what to say to someone always ask them a question about themselves. Everyone like to talk about themselves."

Yes, these people moved away and one I met online.

I don't know why we are drifting. I guess cause we are getting older and maybe after 25 years we are burned out with each other.
He's big into politics and he talks about that obsessively and I just can't do it because I don't care about that subject. Hearing about politics too much makes me feel burned out.

I do that and it doesn't work sometimes online. But to be fair I don't message much people weekly because I'm to anxious or scared. But I don't expect social anxious people to not respond to me. Idk am I wrong?

Oh.

Oh. I can't talk about politics because I don't follow the news (celebrity or regular).

defiance

Right now I am so angry. This usually happens late in the day right before I go to sleep. The reason being that I know I am going to wake up to the same b.s. Nothing is going well. If only people didn't care about me then I could have easily ended my life years ago. I'm just so frustrated. I am beyond done with life.

nodejesque

I've been having some good weeks. But I can feel it starting up again. This dull ache in my chest, feelings of emptiness and sadness, and a fog setting in.

I don't understand why it is that everything can be going fine, and then it just hits.

S_Spartan

I do that and it doesn't work sometimes online. But to be fair I don't message much people weekly because I'm to anxious or scared. But I don't expect social anxious people to not respond to me. Idk am I wrong?

Oh.

Oh. I can't talk about politics because I don't follow the news (celebrity or regular).

I guess you have to do as much as you feel comfortable. Sometimes it helps if you get a conversation going like through PM to transition it over to a medium more casual like texting if you can.
Socially anxious people may respond less to you than "normies" because, well, they are anxious and can't think of what to say, but then they may also be more understanding that you are nervous too.
It's all a crap shoot.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Feelin' a bit better... Still coughin' like a smoker. But ma left ear's no as blocked as it was a few days ago. And ma voice gradually comin' back.

Hopefully, ah'll rid of this flu soon, so ah cun get back to ma post-surgery rehab program.

nodejesque

I have had a constant migraine since I got to my sisters house.

I think that being alone for so long really has conditioned me to be sensitive to all the ruckus that comes with a huge family.

I'm staying in my god daughters room. She's 14 and currently listening to some pop type music while she is working on a project. Her bedroom is in between her brothers and her sisters. Whom are listening to their individual music systems. So, I'm listening to three genres of music at once. All bad bands from what I can tell.

I love my family, don't get me wrong.... But I get a pang in my chest when I'm here. It hurts. This reminder of all that I could have... But I'm alone. I feel guilt for not being here more.

Then, today my niece, who has been my best friend since she could talk, told me that a boy she likes.. May have asked her to prom. She's a beautiful young lady. Smart, funny, kind, witty...
This news made me happy and sad. She's 16 going on 37.. And I'm glad that she is truly enjoying her highschool experience. This is the first boy to come in the picture and I'm terrified that she will get her heart broken. God, I think I grilled her far more than my sister did. Knowing she's getting her hopes so high, makes my chest hurt. This kid better not **** things up for her.

Seeing all my nieces and nephews are getting older, my mom looks more frail, my niece who wanted me to buy her converse the last time I saw her, asked me if I'd help her pick some heels for a college interview. Granted, its an early admission college.. She's only 14 but still. I'm depressed.

I just want to cry. That's all I want to do since I got here. Is cry and eat, because my mom is peer pressuring me to stuff my face. She's convinced I have an eating disorder because I don't want to eat too many carbs.

I'm ready to go home, yet I don't want to continue missing out on everything. I feel sick at the thought of just missing everything. Yet, I get so depressed being here.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I've been having some good weeks. But I can feel it starting up again. This dull ache in my chest, feelings of emptiness and sadness, and a fog setting in.

I don't understand why it is that everything can be going fine, and then it just hits.

I totally get what you mean. It's coming to visit me again too = /

Exam stress. The outcome of which really matter.

The workload feels insurmountable for the time available.

must keep it together

must be logical

:sad:

Last edited:

defiance

Well I couldn't sleep yet again. I woke up feeling super hopeless and wanting to die. What a surprise that is. But this is my norm. It truly is amazing that I haven't gone insane yet.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Quite depressed that ah constantly get talk about negatively cuz am more introverted than the rest of ma family. :sad:

Gettin' really buckin' tired o' endless huvin tae justify why ah prefer to keep to masel'. :kickingmyself:

Marc7

I guess you have to do as much as you feel comfortable. Sometimes it helps if you get a conversation going like through PM to transition it over to a medium more casual like texting if you can.
Socially anxious people may respond less to you than "normies" because, well, they are anxious and can't think of what to say, but then they may also be more understanding that you are nervous too.
It's all a crap shoot.

What do you mean by "I guess you have to do as much as you feel comfortable"? You mean ask them for their number and text?

I would think that they would though because they are similar and know how hard it is to converse.

S_Spartan

What do you mean by "I guess you have to do as much as you feel comfortable"? You mean ask them for their number and text?

I mean do as much as you can and yes, ask them to text or actually talk on skype or phone.

If they say no then move on quickly.

I would think that they would though because they are similar and know how hard it is to converse.

But SA doesn't work like that. A person with SA still sees you as a human being and so the anxiety is still there.

I've been crying a lot lately. I feel like I can't wait until everyone leaves so I can cry or just take a shower so I can cry and then lie about getting soap in my eyes when my eyes are all red. It would be nice to be happy everyday. Maybe after I go to the gym I will feel better *shrug*.