How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I feel okay, my family just wears me down.

For a moment yesterday I felt the urge to straight-up elbow my obnoxious uncle in the face at the dinner table. Of course, the moment passed without incident.

My mother changed the seating arrangements at the last second, which completely frayed my nerves. This comes after I get the usual chorus of "Is anything wrong?" or "Did you just wake up?!?!" comments when I walk through the door. You'd think that after all these years, they'd make the connection that my disconnection keeps me sane.

I can't win with them.

Grah.

Srijita52

When you're waiting, especially under a toxic influence, even a week can seem like an eternity. But keep your eyes on the prize of freedom- or at the very least relief.

Also don't worry about shouting on the forum. The only thing worse than a emotionally harmful situation is being in one and feeling like your feelings/venting isn't justified and/or annoying to others.

I think I can speak for many of us here that we'd rather have you dropping frequent four letter words than having you silently suffering in a most unfair situation. Toxic feelings are like toxic lunches - better out than in.
Agreed.
Off to my brother's wedding. Wish me luck guys.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I feel frustrated. I feel like yelling out a stream of curse words.

Aye, me anaw. Fu... :giggle: Nae chance, no' at this time uh day. No way!

Ah been feelin' weird, lately. Like really doon n' depressed. :sad: Also, ma family seem tae take joy in ma social anxiety. Am a right laugh apparently, talkin' aw deadpan n' that. Either that or there jist irritating.

Phoenixx

When you're waiting, especially under a toxic influence, even a week can seem like an eternity. But keep your eyes on the prize of freedom- or at the very least relief.

Also don't worry about shouting on the forum. The only thing worse than a emotionally harmful situation is being in one and feeling like your feelings/venting isn't justified and/or annoying to others.

I think I can speak for many of us here that we'd rather have you dropping frequent four letter words than having you silently suffering in a most unfair situation. Toxic feelings are like toxic lunches - better out than in.
^ Thanks Puma. Trust me, I'm definitely keeping my eye on that date I leave. Also, that last line made me smile. Heh.

Agreed.
Off to my brother's wedding. Wish me luck guys.
^ Good luck!

Lavinialuna

tumblr_inline_ms7bbbx7FL1qz4rgp.jpg

The 2nd one probably.

Oh, I thought maybe you were about to surprise us with your secret wishes to dominate (tendencies hidden by your social anxiety.)
Still, sounds like fun. You'll have to enlighten us with your stories:bigsmile:

^ What are you freaking out about?

I'm feeling okay. Mostly blah. It's a gloomy rainy day. I want my sunshine back.

I keep panicking when it's time to go volunteering. It keeps resulting in me not going, and it drives me nuts. I'm not really sure why it happens..

Volunteering for what?

Cleaning for a hotel that offers cheap rooms for people with mental troubles. It's all non-profit, so they have to rely on volunteers to do most of the labour.

I know. But it does turn out okay once you do go right?

It used to, but I've lost the satisfaction of that notion a while ago. Now it's a choice between two evils. Either I go, and suffer the embarrassment and stares thereof, or I don't go and spend the rest of the week knowing that my sense of self preservation got the upper-hand over my integrity again.

Both of them are gut wrenching.

Last edited: