How are you feeling?

Lavinialuna

Last Friday the intensity of my worrying thoughts really scared me. I was scared I was going to lose everything, I thought they were going to take Lenny my cockatiel away. I didn't sleep at all. The morning sun when it arrived was such a relief, I went for a walk along Creek trail. I thought of all I have that I don't want to lose, and there is so much to live for, so much to be taken for granted. This is a time of something to lose, a new time for me. I have lived through times when I had nothing.

I never want to feel that way again, that intense fear and emotion. The fears were irrational, they bordered on paranoia. I felt sick all through Saturday, and only imporved during Monday. A long scary weekend.

I haven't touched another drop of caffeine, I am too scared to, in case the thoughts return.

I had thoughts like this while taking a medication. Always keep that in mind if you are taking anything, but in the same token, you are right, caffeine could be the culprit. Good think De-caf tastes just as good ;) Hope you are feeling better.

Lavinialuna

I quit chewing tobacco 2 months ago and I'm dying for some.

I used to smoke years ago and had to quit every time I got pregnant. (Luckily I quit for good after a couple kids, lol!) It seems that at this point the addiction is probably more in your mind than your body, meaning you aren't really having withdrawels anymore, but you just really want some in your mind. I know with me it was always if I was stressed or angry. This went on for like a year! Once I gave in and smoked one. It was DISGUSTING! I was after this golden goose and when I finally had it I couldn't believe how gross it was, like licking an ash tray. After that the cravings mainly stopped. Hope you can be tough and stick it out. My uncle had throat and jaw cancer and his face was really messed up after his surgury, but he was lucky to be alive. Best to be strong :thumbup:

Sometimes I wish this forum had a "like" button like facebook does, haha! Nice to hear some of you are feeling good today!

Me too. Hm, but then again, that might make people that don't get thumbs up self concious about posting. That's the unfortunate assumption that many people with low confidence make ''If they don't like me, they hate me..''

It would be nice to be able to give people subtle pats on the back, though.

MollyBeGood

6 days without caffeine. My thoughts are so much lighter, I'm sleeping better.

Congrats!!!!!!

Reminds me, I still have repetitive dreams about Coke though I stopped drinking it yrs ago. Diet Coke actually, but my dreams are always regular Coke for some reason.

Lavinialuna

Me too. Hm, but then again, that might make people that don't get thumbs up self conscious about posting. That's the unfortunate assumption that many people with low confidence make ''If they don't like me, they hate me..''

It would be nice to be able to give people subtle pats on the back, though.

You are right. I never thought of that, but now that you mention it I too feel down about myself when I feel no one reads my posts or likes them. Sometimes I feel moved to go and remove them. It sure is hard to live this way, being so sensitive!
Just a heads up to you all, I read your posts and I do care, but don't always comment. You have all been so nice to me, and I appreciate you all.

Kiwong

^Thanks .

7 days without caffeine now.

Lavinialuna, I was overmedicated on blood pressure medicine a few years ago, that was a horrible experience. I'm not taking any other drugs at present.

Black Puma, I miss it when my energy crashes after exercise. Sometimes at work I feel like nodding off at my desk if I don't get some caffeine into me.

2 months, Jc, that's huge, hope you can keep off the tobacco.

Molly, Pepsi Max is my nemesis. It gives me nightmares. I started on Diet Coke years ago when I was on a diet, and got addicted.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Sometimes I wish this forum had a "like" button like facebook does, haha! Nice to hear some of you are feeling good today!
The system for that inherent to the VN board system is the 'dot system'. They tried it here for a while, but unfortunately people could leave anonymous red dots indicating disapproval as well as green ones for approval. Inevitably, some people would use that just to be mean. Not nearly a majority, but it only takes a few bad apples.
You are right. I never thought of that, but now that you mention it I too feel down about myself when I feel no one reads my posts or likes them. Sometimes I feel moved to go and remove them. It sure is hard to live this way, being so sensitive!
Just a heads up to you all, I read your posts and I do care, but don't always comment. You have all been so nice to me, and I appreciate you all.
I've been posting here for years now and I still feel like that sometimes. I guess we all do.

I read far, far more than I respond to. Even then, I end up deleting more than half of my responses--and end up doubting if I should have posted half of what I do post.

:eek:mg:

I used to smoke years ago and had to quit every time I got pregnant. (Luckily I quit for good after a couple kids, lol!) It seems that at this point the addiction is probably more in your mind than your body, meaning you aren't really having withdrawels anymore, but you just really want some in your mind. I know with me it was always if I was stressed or angry. This went on for like a year! Once I gave in and smoked one. It was DISGUSTING! I was after this golden goose and when I finally had it I couldn't believe how gross it was, like licking an ash tray. After that the cravings mainly stopped. Hope you can be tough and stick it out. My uncle had throat and jaw cancer and his face was really messed up after his surgury, but he was lucky to be alive. Best to be strong :thumbup:

Thanks. Yeah i quit because i found a hole in my jaw. I didnt want to but i figured i better.

^Thanks .

7 days without caffeine now.

Lavinialuna, I was overmedicated on blood pressure medicine a few years ago, that was a horrible experience. I'm not taking any other drugs at present.

Black Puma, I miss it when my energy crashes after exercise. Sometimes at work I feel like nodding off at my desk if I don't get some caffeine into me.

2 months, Jc, that's huge, hope you can keep off the tobacco.

Molly, Pepsi Max is my nemesis. It gives me nightmares. I started on Diet Coke years ago when I was on a diet, and got addicted.

7 days without caffeine is a very big deal. Keep up the good work dude

Lavinialuna

Thanks. Yeah i quit because i found a hole in my jaw. I didnt want to but i figured i better.

Oh my! Yep, def. a sign to quit!

NathanielWingatePeaslee, I think banning the red dot on a site like this is the way to go. I would probably cry, lol!

Kiwong, I am striving to be medication free, I agree, the more natural a person can be the better. Side effects are horrible!

Phoenixx

Exhausted and still a little pissed off, but better I guess. I've had a seriously long day. Ugh...

At least I got new sneakers today. It's been ages since I've bought a pair, I desperately needed some new ones. They were on sale and I had a gift card leftover from Christmas. Also got a couple books at Barnes and Noble, used up another gift card I had from the holidays.

S_Spartan

Do you think spirits can overtake people? Like when Jim Morrison saw the Indians on the road and he said the Indian's spirit went into him?

If it is possible then it must be subtle because people seem fairly consistent.

Why am I posting this here? Because its late and I'm on Tapatalk.

Do you think spirits can overtake people? Like when Jim Morrison saw the Indians on the road and he said the Indian's spirit went into him?

If it is possible then it must be subtle because people seem fairly consistent.

Why am I posting this here? Because its late and I'm on Tapatalk.

I've wondered the same myself. I often wonder about reincarnation.

S_Spartan

I've wondered the same myself. I often wonder about reincarnation.

Yeah, you know you lay in bed in the middle of the night and these things just sort of come to you.

Maybe Jim Morrison was taken over by that spirit.

The older I get the more reincarnation seems like a real thing but I hope not because I don't want to come back to this world again.