How are you feeling?

dottie

Dehydrated, tired, brimming with what can only be described as a feeling of "Potential Energy", basically bottled up Tourettes sensations waiting for eruption. I worked 24 out of the past 48 hours so I have spent a lot of energy stifling my weirdness... probably without success, in vain... but large amounts of energy were exerted none the less.

jaim38

Fiona contacted me overnight, saying thanks for my Christmas card ten weeks late and saying that things haven't been so good for her. I'm feeling a mixture of happy that she's contacted me after months of silence, sadness that things haven't gone well for her recently, and old, old, repressed feelings I've had for her coming out that I don't want to feel again.

What to make of this? :thinking:

I would be suspicious of her motives. Does she think you're her rebound? It wouldn't be fair to you or to herself if she thinks she could settle for the next best thing. If it were me, I would want someone who treasures me as #1.

MikeyC

I would be suspicious of her motives. Does she think you're her rebound? It wouldn't be fair to you or to herself if she thinks she could settle for the next best thing. If it were me, I would want someone who treasures me as #1.
I doubt she has any more romantic interest in me. I think she just wants someone to talk to. I'll continue to talk to her but I won't flirt or anything, see what happens. :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I feel okay, considering I ate half of a giant pizza, among other things.

I’m in my half-awake digestive/refractory period now… SPW always gets my best.

jaim38

Feeling angry and hurt, wanting to cry for a moment.

I had a short recovery but began feeling bad again. I'm not sure why I'm having such sudden mood swings but it's really annoying! I can't concentrate on my studies at all. I'm gonna take a break and do some makeup. I remember QuietGuy brought up jumping around as a way to get rid of excess energy - yes I actually tried that and got all self-conscious! I must look like some crazy kid on a caffeine binge!

Last edited:

Kiwong

Caffiene experiment

Sunday drank about 3 litres of Pepsi Max

result: couldn't sleep, thoughts running out of control, visited the loo on several occasions during the night.

Monday drank 600ml of Pepsi Max

result: Energy crash and slept for 11 hours.

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
I'm going to join the 'exhausted' group.

It might be too much sugar as well as the weather... but for the past few days I've been really depressed and just generally tired. I'm trying to keep critical distance and tell myself it's going to go away soon, though.

Nanita

I feel exhausted.

Feeling angry and hurt, wanting to cry for a moment.

I had a short recovery but began feeling bad again. I'm not sure why I'm having such sudden mood swings but it's really annoying! I can't concentrate on my studies at all. I'm gonna take a break and do some makeup. I remember QuietGuy brought up jumping around as a way to get rid of excess energy - yes I actually tried that and got all self-conscious! I must look like some crazy kid on a caffeine binge!

I'm feeling really tired, maybe a little bit weak, and 16oz of coffee didn't really help. :\

Caffiene experiment

Sunday drank about 3 litres of Pepsi Max

result: couldn't sleep, thoughts running out of control, visited the loo on several occasions during the night.

Monday drank 600ml of Pepsi Max

result: Energy crash and slept for 11 hours.

I'm going to join the 'exhausted' group.

It might be too much sugar as well as the weather... but for the past few days I've been really depressed and just generally tired. I'm trying to keep critical distance and tell myself it's going to go away soon, though.

Like a waterlogged ball that no one wants to kick around anymore.
Heavy Heart You am I

Hugs!
and kisses :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Ugh, I feel humiliated.

My stupid lit class. Even though I no longer have a crush on my professor, my brain has been conditioned to be really really nervous when I go to that class because I feel like he can "see into my head" (as my mom puts it about being self-conscious) and see how I'm feeling. I should have just taken a different lit class.

So today I was fighting the nervousness as usual and making myself speak up in class and when I did the first time, I could feel my face get really, really red and my voice was quivery :eek:mg: After that I was fine, but that first time for some reason... damn. I wish I could take it back.

I really hate my brain! :crying:

I don't want to keep mentioning this damn class any more. I've talked about it enough. I'm just so sick of being a nervous wreck all the time, I really really am. I want to rip my fight-or-flight mechanism out of my body altogether.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
So today I was fighting the nervousness as usual and making myself speak up in class and when I did the first time, I could feel my face get really, really red and my voice was quivery :eek:mg: After that I was fine, but that first time for some reason... damn. I wish I could take it back.

I really hate my brain! :crying:
I have done this exact same thing in class, felt the same things, and thought the exact same thoughts afterwards. I hate it! :kickingmyself:

I have done this exact same thing in class, felt the same things, and thought the exact same thoughts afterwards. I hate it! :kickingmyself:

Yeah, it's pretty rough. I just pretend like nothing happened. No embarrassment here, nope.

I always just hope to goodness my professor and the other students didn't notice, but I'm sure they did. People are sensitive to that sort of thing. When you get a red face, I think most people either feel uncomfortable themselves or they think it's funny.

I really hate that class now. I want a different class.

Did you find your professor or any students in your class reacted to you in any way, or did no one seem to notice?