How are you feeling?

jaim38

Just realized something. I'm a late bloomer. It's not because I am stupid. It's because of the way I was raised. My mom didn't really teach me the things that I needed to know, or provide me much support besides financial. It's very tempting for me to blame my parents for everything that happened, but I'm not going to do. I am grateful for all their support. Now that I've grown up, I need to think and decide for myself. Live life the way I want to.

MikeyC

So I haven't posted in this forum for about five days. I'm sure you're all dying to know how I am. :ironicsmile:

I've been really good, up until yesterday. My parents are not the easiest people to get along with (I'm convinced it's more my problem than theirs, though, so they are not to blame, especially my dad), and it took one small thing to set me off, but I'm determined not to let the ******* that is depression take over.

Despite that, I've been feeling much better than I have been a couple of months back. Some possible reasons:

1. I'm getting over Fiona. That has taken a long time but it's happening. She contacted me for the first time in many weeks on Friday, too, but I have little interest in conversation.

2. I'm keeping busier. Being active is a nice change from the sloth I have been!

3. Eating better. Still love my chocolate a little too much but I'm trying for more healthier options here and there and I'm noticing a difference in my energy levels (but not my stomach size!).

4. I have goals. I've already booked a course to become a traffic controller. I am going to do a First Aid course. I'm going to try for uni next year. My life is going to change and I think I need it! I'm scared and excited about the challenges that lie ahead.

5. I joined eHarmony. My therapist's advice. I'm not going to take it too seriously, but that's something new for me and I'm anxious about it. We'll see how it progresses and hopefully I can even get a date or two from it. :)

hidwell

So I haven't posted in this forum for about five days. I'm sure you're all dying to know how I am. :ironicsmile:

I've been really good, up until yesterday. My parents are not the easiest people to get along with (I'm convinced it's more my problem than theirs, though, so they are not to blame, especially my dad), and it took one small thing to set me off, but I'm determined not to let the ******* that is depression take over.

Despite that, I've been feeling much better than I have been a couple of months back. Some possible reasons:

1. I'm getting over Fiona. That has taken a long time but it's happening. She contacted me for the first time in many weeks on Friday, too, but I have little interest in conversation.

2. I'm keeping busier. Being active is a nice change from the sloth I have been!

3. Eating better. Still love my chocolate a little too much but I'm trying for more healthier options here and there and I'm noticing a difference in my energy levels (but not my stomach size!).

4. I have goals. I've already booked a course to become a traffic controller. I am going to do a First Aid course. I'm going to try for uni next year. My life is going to change and I think I need it! I'm scared and excited about the challenges that lie ahead.

5. I joined eHarmony. My therapist's advice. I'm not going to take it too seriously, but that's something new for me and I'm anxious about it. We'll see how it progresses and hopefully I can even get a date or two from it. :)

:thumbup: Way to go Mikey.

Wow, I'm proud of you, Mikey!

Yikes, that's a lot of positive changes there Mikey! Well done. Good luck with all of them.:perfect:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
:idontknow: Ah don't know, just depressed... Sick fed up wi' constantly being taken advantage of, guess that what ah get fur being a "nice guy" aw the time.

Or as ma cousin said, recently, "We're no right in the heid (head)" - which is actually right. Because we huv tae put up with our dysfunction sides o' the family. Ma cousin also thinks ma oldest sister just care about herself now, naebody else. And she's pretty spot on. As she put it and I quote: "We're just the bit on the side, we're the effin' salad!" But sadly, am no allowed tae express how ah feel, anymore because when ah say how am feelin' it's usually stuff naebody want tae hear.

Oh! And pointin' oot ma social anxiety n' the fact ah don't huv much tae say doesnae help things, it's just makes me more self-conscious than ah already am. :eek:mg: :kickingmyself:
Ah dread ma older sister comin' tae visit in a few weeks, because aw she does is tease me. Well, ah say "tease" it's more like belittle ma interests n' things ah like. :sad:

Hey, awesome. Happy for you :)

planemo

:idontknow: Ah don't know, just depressed... Sick fed up wi' constantly being taken advantage of, guess that what ah get fur being a "nice guy" aw the time.

Or as ma cousin said, recently, "We're no right in the heid (head)" - which is actually right. Because we huv tae put up with our dysfunction sides o' the family. Ma cousin also thinks ma oldest sister just care about herself now, naebody else. And she's pretty spot on. As she put it and I quote: "We're just the bit on the side, we're the effin' salad!" But sadly, am no allowed tae express how ah feel, anymore because when ah say how am feelin' it's usually stuff naebody want tae hear.

Oh! And pointin' oot ma social anxiety n' the fact ah don't huv much tae say doesnae help things, it's just makes me more self-conscious than ah already am. :eek:mg: :kickingmyself:
Ah dread ma older sister comin' tae visit in a few weeks, because aw she does is tease me. Well, ah say "tease" it's more like belittle ma interests n' things ah like. :sad:

I'm sorry to hear that Graeme. i hope things can change for the better, soon.
as for me I'm just neutral.

Phoenixx

Pretty blah actually. Still have homework left to finish and trying to make up my mind whether or not I want to go over to my friend's parent's place to hang out with her and another friend(?) for the night. It'd be nice to hang out with her one last time before she leaves tomorrow, but it's not like I'm not going to see her tomorrow morning. Her and my brother are still spending the night here. I really just don't know if I want to bother taking the time to hang out with the other kind-of-friend-I-don't-know-what-to-call-her-anymore. Our last hangout was great, the one before that was terrible, it's constantly a mixed bag with her and I really don't know whether I should even bother to keep hanging out. Avoiding her seems catty and petty and stupid, but on the other hand a part of me doesn't even want to bother with people tonight. (Partly because my brother got pretty tipsy last night and was being a douche and still continued to be a **** this morning, which has left me in quite the avoidant mood.) Hm...

MollyBeGood

A little drunk from some nice Napa Valley chardonnay, but happy. It's a gorgeous summer day filled with possibilities. The air has a bit of smoke filling it from wildfires burning but my dogs are napping soundly. I will not allow a silly negative thought to cloud my mind on my day off. Life IS good.

jaim38

I realize that many people who are nice to me are usually people doing customer service jobs such as bank teller or customer service rep. It's their job to be nice after all. The ones who weren't nice to me were classmates/schoolmates and neighbors. They have no incentive to be nice or fake being nice. I also notice this pattern that people were nice to me at first but after meeting me many times after, they get tired of it. I guess they discovered that I have an introverted, closed-off personality so they don't want to see me anymore. I used to hear people say "why do I keep seeing her?" when I was at school or at a library. It makes me NOT want to show my face there again. In the past, I used to go to 3 different libraries every week so that I won't have to hear the staff members complain "why do I keep seeing her?"