How are you feeling?

MikeyC

Bored and depressed. It's my vacation and i'm just staying at home, don't know what to do, no friend to hang out with. So i started thinking negatively of my SA, and it make me feel even worse
Go do something on your own: watch a movie at home/at the cinema, go for a walk, listen to your favourite album, eat out somewhere (if you're not adverse to sitting alone in a restaurant), start a book. There are many things you can do to make your vacation memorable without the need for someone else there.

anomicdeer

I want to get a decent job that I will enjoy and keep until I retire or find something much better. I don't want to be on assistance, although I am grateful to have it at the moment. I just rather not be that person that other look down on. I hate the looks and the whispers that weren't meant to be whispers just so they can be heard maybe to hurt the person that they think are inferior to them.

laure15

when writing about jury duty, I was overwhelmed by a surge of emotions. Anger, sadness, fear, helplessness - a cocktail of them flooded my body for a good few seconds, but I was able to regain control. To think that something from less than a year ago can make me almost lose my poise.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
(A short disclaimer: This disclaimer is below average height. ::p: Naw! Seriously, this post might get a wee bit sweary. So, if ye don't like swearin'... F**k off! Am jokin', well, 50% anyway...)

Well, eh... tae be honest, pathetic! Givin' intae pressure mair than ah use tae. Oh! And ah feel like a right f**kin' eejit for laughin' at a joke that ma sister made - it wasnae even funny. A joke which implied someone (no me, bytheway) was so fat they'd "block oot the sun". :eek:mg: Hahahaha! Aye because takin' the piss outta someone's appearance is always funny, until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious (only jokin'...)

Ah laugh oot o' politeness if nothin' else (at ma sister, of course. No the joke - that's joke's f**kin' sh*te! Not that ma sister would know the difference) Ah mean, it's wasnae a genuine laugh where am double over, then fall tae the floor and crack ma heid open. Naw! That'd be too obvious! But that's ma sister's sense o' humour, a mean snide, offensive mark at someone else's expense passed off a comedy. Point and laugh. :sarcastic: Anyway, lets get intae the funnier side of how am feelin'...

Lately, ah've been strugglin' with a long depressive episode and insomnia! :sad:

GraybeardGhost

when writing about jury duty, I was overwhelmed by a surge of emotions. Anger, sadness, fear, helplessness - a cocktail of them flooded my body for a good few seconds, but I was able to regain control. To think that something from less than a year ago can make me almost lose my poise.

I still get that, too, even after fifteen months. I frequently have to remind myself that it's over and they can't call me back in again for a while yet, and the feeling quickly subsides. It's too bad they can't find a way to dispense justice without traumatizing innocent people like us.

How am I feeling? Weak, helpless, trapped, and very, very tired.

Nanita

I´m screwed up. Been considering dying. I litterally do not know how to live.
Of course I will stay alive, I promise. It´s miserable though. Emptiness, isolation, pain.
There is no substance, meaning, purpose. I´m floating in empty space but with bricks thrown at me constantly.

Graeme1988

Of course I will stay alive, I promise. It´s miserable though. Emptiness, isolation, pain.
There is no substance, meaning, purpose. I´m floating in empty space but with bricks thrown at me constantly.

Ah can relate, Nanita, darlin'... Been wonderin' what's the f**kin' point, maself? Though, ah've been feelin' really pissed off, lately. But cannae say anythin' aboot it. Not to ma family, anyway. Still genuinely sorry tae hear how yer feelin', though. Especially the considerin' dyin' - that's no good! But as ah said, ah can relate. :sad: On a side note for masel' - ah need tae stop procrastinatin'... :kickingmyself:

MikeyC

What has made you feel this way?

Nanita

What has made you feel this way?

I guess it´s the usual stuff, nothing new (depression, anxiety, loneliness, insomnia, and problems with physical health) Sometimes it gets too much to bear. I´ve been spiraling down and haven´t had anything or anyone to help me snap out of it. I realize I need to make myself snap out of it. It´s just the same old stupid stuff and I´m always alone with it.

Lea

Banned

I can relate.

Nanita

Ah can relate, Nanita, darlin'... Been wonderin' what's the f**kin' point, maself? Though, ah've been feelin' really pissed off, lately. But cannae say anythin' aboot it. Not to ma family, anyway. Still genuinely sorry tae hear how yer feelin', though. Especially the considerin' dyin' - that's no good! But as ah said, ah can relate. :sad: On a side note for masel' - ah need tae stop procrastinatin'... :kickingmyself:

I can relate.

Yeah guys, we are many who can relate to having these feelings and not having great lives.
I´m so tired of it. Thinking why did I have to be born, why did my parents have to have a child, all this for nothing, living all those years, going to school, meeting people, losing people, getting up every morning, buying things, taking up space, for what, for nothing, just an empty meaningless existance.

Graeme1988

Other than being telt ah cannae express how ah feel anymair by ma mum, yesterday. Well out loud, anyway. Aye, because being honest isnae recommended in a dyfunctional family. Am the loose cannon, eh? Because all ah do is tell it how ah see it! Sorry for being honest...

^ Forgettin' aw that for a wee moment... Am actually quite happy - f**k that! Am f**kin' ecstatic at the moment! :D
Not sure if ah should say why? :thinking:

neardeath

I haven't left the house unless absolutely necessary in past 10 days. It's hard to change that after you get set in the groove. Now I told a friend I would go fishing overnight up north and I am freaking out. I promised her I would not back out. So sad when even enjoyable things just don't excite me in the least anymore. Being alone in nature is okay. It's the only thing I can say I enjoy. Oh, and my cat.

jaim38

Got a nightmare yesterday. I dreamt I was harassed and felt really self conscious and anxious too. I didn't dare confront the bully but instead, remained quiet and pretended like nothing was wrong. I couldn't even look at the bully eye to eye.

Yesterday night my dad experienced what resembled seizures (not a dream). It was as if someone electrocuted him. He was writhing in bed, his muscles tensed up, and we had to make sure he's alright. He started sleepwalking, wandering around the house. I feel kind of helpless because there's not much I can do. In the past, I have tried to wake him up from the sleepwalking; I tried hitting his arms, pinching him, shaking him, putting water on him, etc but nothing works. And if I tried to drag him to bed, he resists, plus he's stronger than me. So, there's nothing I can do except watch him and make sure he doesnt harm himself.

Anyways he went to the kitchen and then let his bladder lose, right on the kitchen floor. My mom ushered him quickly to the bathroom. To make matters worse, my mom blamed it on the neighbors. She thinks they have magical remote control devices to control my dad's brain and body. I told her it's implausable, but can't get through to her.

From this experience I realized something: there's no way I can leave my parents alone without feeling a sense of assurance. My parents obviously need help and I'll be there to help them. My parents will retire soon but I don't want to put them in a nursing home. I want to be there for them.

So for the next 10 years, or 20 or 30, I'll be by their side. I don't care about getting married, having kids or all that sh*t.