How are you feeling?

SoScared

I sent a lot of messages to my professor. I hope I don't annoy her to the point where she won't take me seriously. I got a 0 on an assignment and it was all because she couldn't see my submission for some weird reason. I see my submission just fine on 2 different computers. I also contacted tech support who emailed my professor. Hopefully, she changes my grade soon.

I’m feeling it. I’ve seen your posts over the last couple of days. It’s tough to deal with these situations that are very important to you yet are out of your direct control and the only action is the bombard those concerned with mails/calls. It should be ok, it’s there, she just can’t see it yet.

With my dilemma I can’t call/mail. Just got to wait it out, it should be OK.
It’s been a while since I’ve had times when all my thoughts have been consumed by one single issue. I think I’ve handled it better than I would have done before but, that said, it’s not a healthy place to be.

There you go. I’ve posted to emphasise with you and have just rattled on about me; but that is the strength of the concern and associated worry.

twiggle

It's been a horrid week at work. I usually love my job, and I really like the people there (one or two exceptions), but I don't like the sound of the changes that are ahead for the organisation. I'm not sure I can get my head round it. There is something deep down telling me to move on; that my way of thinking won't fit there anymore.
I'm applying elsewhere and honestly, I feel a little guilty doing so. But I shouldn't be worrying about work when I'm not in the office. Nobody should. Not unless you're paid like 250,000 a year (which I earn nowhere near at all).
It's time to move on.

It's been a horrid week at work. I usually love my job, and I really like the people there (one or two exceptions), but I don't like the sound of the changes that are ahead for the organisation. I'm not sure I can get my head round it. There is something deep down telling me to move on; that my way of thinking won't fit there anymore.
I'm applying elsewhere and honestly, I feel a little guilty doing so. But I shouldn't be worrying about work when I'm not in the office. Nobody should. Not unless you're paid like 250,000 a year (which I earn nowhere near at all).
It's time to move on.

:sad: I'm sorry Twiggle

I hope this will the be the beginning of a beautiful new opportunity for you.

twiggle

:sad: I'm sorry Twiggle

I hope this will the be the beginning of a beautiful new opportunity for you.

Thanks, Jewel :)

Sometimes I think these moments serve a valuable purpose; if they accelerate us making a change that in the long run proves to be for the best.
If we never made changes, we'd always stay doing the same thing in the same place, and I'm not sure I'd want that either.

Thanks, Jewel :)

Sometimes I think these moments serve a valuable purpose; if they accelerate us making a change that in the long run proves to be for the best.
If we never made changes, we'd always stay doing the same thing in the same place, and I'm not sure I'd want that either.

Well said :thumbup:

oh this will be scary and exciting but it'll be worthwhile in the end.

cocorose

Other than being a little sick, I had a good day.. I was asked to volunteer at my daughter's school to give chair massages. So I had a productive day and I got free lunch :perfect:

GraybeardGhost

I've just been feeling very overwhelmed lately. Procrastinatory and perfectionistic tendencies are rearing their ugly heads in. Black and white thinking. Anxiety. Self-deprecation.

Thank you for asking, GraybeardGhost! :) It really means a lot.

You're welcome! :)

I can relate. You sound a lot like me.

Procrastination and perfectionism often go hand-in-hand, but they rarely play well together. I sincerely hope you can get them to behave.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Meh just meh..everything sucks.
What's the matter, Srijita? :sad:

Other than being a little sick, I had a good day.. I was asked to volunteer at my daughter's school to give chair massages. So I had a productive day and I got free lunch :perfect:
Chair massages? How can I get one of those? :D

I'm feeling really good. My brain is fried at the moment, but I feel kind of great. I hope things keep going like this. A big, 90 minute therapy session on Tuesday helped, too!

Chair massages? How can I get one of those? :D

I'm feeling really good. My brain is fried at the moment, but I feel kind of great. I hope things keep going like this. A big, 90 minute therapy session on Tuesday helped, too!

Hey welcome back, where ya been? I can't remember. Wherever it was, how was it? :)

Srijita52

Nothing of any significance. Its just I was supposed to hang out with someone yesterday but it got cancelled at the last moment. It may or may not be because of me though I can't help thinking that its because they think I'm boring.
I'm glad you're feeling great. :)
i don't like talking about my problems with certain people because i don't help myself?
Maybe you're not comfortable enough to talking about your problems yet. Or maybe its just anxiety, once you share it'll be alright.

MollyBeGood

my head hurts a bit and the wind is howling outside making me feel anxious atm. I want to be asleep soon. I hope to have no weird dreams. good night all.

jaim38

I’m feeling it. I’ve seen your posts over the last couple of days. It’s tough to deal with these situations that are very important to you yet are out of your direct control and the only action is the bombard those concerned with mails/calls. It should be ok, it’s there, she just can’t see it yet.

With my dilemma I can’t call/mail. Just got to wait it out, it should be OK.
It’s been a while since I’ve had times when all my thoughts have been consumed by one single issue. I think I’ve handled it better than I would have done before but, that said, it’s not a healthy place to be.

There you go. I’ve posted to emphasise with you and have just rattled on about me; but that is the strength of the concern and associated worry.

Thanks for replying to my posts SoScared and Blue Days.

@SoScared: Thanks for empathizing with me. I wish you the best with your dilemma. Feeling helpless sucks. Hang in there. You're not alone if that's any comfort.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Depressed as f**k! Unmotivated. Constantly patronised and condesended tae aw the time. And, am gettin' really fed up wi' it! But still, am too passive tae even respond, or sayin' anything. Ah just take it whilist kickin' the f**k oot o' masel', mentally speaking, of course! :kickingmyself: :veryangry:
If ye really knew what was going on inside ma heid, and what ah really think. Chances are, you'd f**kin' hate me! And ye would huv every right tae, anaw
Also, ah think ah've got committment issues because folk are always talkin' outta things. Or maybe am just indecisive? :idontknow: