Does anyone go to the cinema alone?

Apersonalan

You would enjoy it by yourself more I hate relying on the reactions of people when I'm with them they don't enjoy the nostalgia as much as I do.

WeirdyMcGee

I used to go alone all the time-- when I worked at one.
haha

My general rule for seeing movies is to wait for encore weeks - see smaller, more independent movies and never go see an animated movie on the weekend (because that's when the small children will be going)
Seems to work.
Last time I went, I was with my mom... and it was;;;;;; ohhh... at least a year and a half ago?

My brother always goes on cheap night.
That is also a no-no.
Everyone goes on cheap night because everyone is cheap.
haha

I'm Not There

I was briefly thinking to go see The Avengers on my own, as some magazine I bought recently had a free ticket included. Then I noticed the small printing... it's only valid if there's at least one person with you who's paying...

EscapeArtist

I went 2 days ago. It was fun. I was able to connect more with the movie. Eventually became comfortable in that theater alone with all those other people (2 from my old highschool days). It wasn't a fun, happy movie though, so it seemed suitable to go alone.

MikeyC

I went 2 days ago. It was fun. I was able to connect more with the movie. Eventually became comfortable in that theater alone with all those other people (2 from my old highschool days). It wasn't a fun, happy movie though, so it seemed suitable to go alone.
What movie did you see? I'm glad you were able to connect to the movie a bit more. Maybe I should go alone more often for that reason alone.

Fighter86

I can't remember. Maybe once ot twice but going to movies is really not that uncommon, I have seen people doing it before.

I've never been to the cinema by myself. I think I would prefer to watch a movie at home then. I also think it's more fun to have someone round.

I do have been to a restaurant by myself a few weeks ago. It felt uncomfortable but also very quiet and peaceful. I missed someone to talk to though, but I felt good as well about the confidence I had to do it back there. :)

tarq

I do, so long as I'm feeling fairly okay - it's fine when you notice people pay so little attention to you (compared to what you expect).

xDreamseller

Just went today for the first time to the cinema on my own to see American Reunion. Went to the first showing at 3pm and there were only 5 others there. I'm not sure if that made it better or worse, as usually I enjoy being lost in a crowd.

Anyway, it felt awkward at the start, before the trailers came on, as I could clearly hear the other people chatting among each other. It was quite funny actually, I felt like a fly on the wall type thing.

I've never really done anything on my own before, but I wasn't going to miss this film for anything. I'm glad I just went for it and did it without thinking about it, I felt great about myself all evening for having done so. I would really recommend doing it to everyone else here if there's a film you want to see. It's a fun thing to do if you're by yourself, compared to shopping etc.

No. The last time I went to an actual cinema was in October 2009 and that was a school field trip. My brother just downloads movies we want to see off the internet.

THeCARS1979

Never. I am too afraid of what people will think of me to begin with, so going alone I'd think I'd have a panic attack.
I wish I had your confidence D: !

i dont give a sh*t what people think of me. Thats what you need to begin to do. It takes some practice but youll be able to do it after awhile too.

AGR

I think I will go,MIB 3 will be on next week here I guess,people here dont give a **** if you go to some place alone,really want to go but we will see I want to do so much stuff and end up not doing it.

Valhalla

A few times I went to the cinema I had company. But most of the time I go alone. I think that's the way to see a movie. It's best when there's only a few other people watching it too, by that I mean less then eight or so. The entire cinema experience is wonderful, but people always ruin it. Why is company so important? So you can talk during the movie, or what? And the constant need to make as much noise as possible. Then there's the things they bring, pack up, rip open and consume with no consideration of others. It's enough you bring something you can sip from while watching the movie, or eat quitely.

gustavofring

I like watching a movie with another person to share their views on the film. Likes and dislikes.

I went alone once to an art house cinema out of some strange motivation. I just needed some escapism. I was pretty nervous buying a ticket for myself and the cashier was acting pretty weird about it. I ended up not seeing it because my telephone clock was off and I got in too late.

I would never go in alone to a big blockbuster film with lots of teens and judgemental people/groups.

lonely_drummer

I go to concerts alone too. Ive gone to the movies alone a few times. I remember the first time I went alone was so nerve racking I almost turned around and didn't go but I just psyched myself up and went for it. It's not bad at all, it's not like u spend the whole time talking to the other person your with, well I'd hope not lol, so it doesn't really feel like ur alone. I recommend going to a daytime show, it's less busy and less awkward

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've never been alone, but I really want to see the avengers and have no one to go with, so I am thinking about going to that alone. Who cares right? Also Fiona Apple is in concert this summer, and knowing her it will be 5 years if ever she goes on tour again :rolleyes: She's in my state twice, one of those days I could go see her alone, I doubt I have anyone interested in going with me ::p:

Last edited:

Luxvia

I have thought about going alone but frankly, for some reason, I find going to the cinema even with people nerve-racting. I think I would just fear going in and then having someone really horrible sitting next to me or near me.