Does anyone go to the cinema alone?

_Hope

Wish I had to confidence to go at all, not been in 10 years lol sucks because I bet the 3D movies are pretty awesome.

If I could though I'd be fine going alone, I find it easier to immerse myself in films when I'm by myself.

Rusalka

I always go to movie theaters by myself. I used to feel self-conscious about it, and particularly terrified of running into acquaintances and being forced to "explain" my being there alone, but so far that hasn't happened. As for the strangers, the simple truth is they aren't paying attention. They're too busy watching the movie and enjoying/loathing each other's company, and even if they did notice your lack of a date, what's the worst they could do about it? Embarrass themselves by ridiculing you?

Going alone has plenty of advantages. First, you can watch something YOU like--gone are the days of swallowing my barf through chick flicks and romantic comedies because none of my friends shared my love of horror/thriller movies. Second, it's much, much less of a hassle. You don't have to worry about what time works for everyone, when you're going to meet up, what you're going to do before and after, driving arrangements, and so forth. The night is all yours, and you are accountable for nobody else's level of enjoyment.

lyricalliaisons

I've gone to the cinema LOTS of times alone. The theatre I go to has few people so I'm often the only one seeing the entire movie as long as I go at the right times. It's one of the few things I can usually do and I love it.

chibiXphantom

i like seeing movies alone. i get super annoyed in movie theaters when someone is talking, making noises, etc. when im there alone, i can sit away from people, not have to tell my friends to shut up when they talk/laugh.
i can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show

Synth

Nope! I've never gone to the movies alone and can't quite bear the thought of it... I would rather just stay home a read a book. Then again, I'm not much of a movie person to begin with. :D