Does anyone go to the cinema alone?

anxiety1408

I have been to concerts alone, infact the last 4 concerts I went to were all alone and the fifth one this upcoming october. Ive enjoyed each and every concert :)

I have never been to the cinema alone. I wanted to see titanic in IMAX 3d, but none of my friends were interested in seeing it. But I really wanted to see it, so I booked a ticket and Im going to go alone.

So who has been to the cinema alone? and could you share your opinions of your experience ::eek::

Hoppy

I almost always go alone to the cinema and concerts. I've never had any funny remarks or comments about it. And I prefer it that way. I arrive on time, eat whatever I want to eat, and don't have to spend a lot of energy giving attention to other people.

And I ogle all the pretty women.

Silatuyok

I tried going alone once, but I got really bored and left. I did go to the symphony alone once and really enjoyed it. When it comes to art museums and classical music concerts I prefer going alone; this helps me feel more free to connect to it emotionally.

Gaucho

yepp, i don't go often to the cinema, but when i do, i go alone. if I'm honest id prefer to go with a friend, because i feel quite uncomfortable going alone, some person i know may see me alone, sad thought. but i don't go very often.

another question, did some of you guys go to party/clubs alone? maybe I'm gonna get me together and try to go alone some of these days.

Last edited:

Iluv

Never. I am too afraid of what people will think of me to begin with, so going alone I'd think I'd have a panic attack.
I wish I had your confidence D: !

I'm Not There

I went to a concert of Paul McCartney recently, and I couldn't even remotely think of anyone who would want to join me, hence I went alone.

Having no friends, I've almost always gone to concerts and music festivals by myself. Cinema too, although the last time was 2 years ago. I really see no harm in it and I couldn't care less what others may think.

anxiety1408

Thanks for the replies guys. I enjoy going concerts alone, means I can queue up more than an hour early so I make sure im near the front. I dont want to be standing in a queue with a friend for more than an hour, theres only so much you can talk about. Also don't want to drag a friend along if they are not that into that certain band, I'd rather go and enjoy myself than stand there worrying about if they are enjoying it or not etc. None of my friends hardly want to come with me to the concerts i go to anyway, I have such an unique (and awesome) taste in music.

I think this will be a good learning experience for me. I am not a very confident person at all, very low self esteem, self conscious and anxious alot. But I reckon I will get better, the more things I do alone, the more I feel comfortable with myself.

I rarely go to the cinema, but when theres something BIG like Titanic in 3D, I would like to go.

I believe if you want to see or do something, then just do it. Don't rely on your friends etc. If your friends never wanted to see your fav band/or a movie with you in cinema, would you go your whole life not having done the things you liked just because your friends didnt want to do it??

Silatuyok

I believe if you want to see or do something, then just do it. Don't rely on your friends etc. If your friends never wanted to see your fav band/or a movie with you in cinema, would you go your whole life not having done the things you liked just because your friends didnt want to do it??

I agree. Not having friends does not mean you can't have a life.

twiggle

I'm not really that fussed about films so never go to the cinema, but, like you, I've gone to concerts alone. None of my friends really share my taste in music and I don't see that that should make me have to miss out on seeing one of my favourite bands! I don't think there's anything wrong with going to these things alone. You enjoy yourself :)

Meggy0001

I am too scared to go on my own =/ I always find someone to go with me or I don't go at all becuase I feel like if I go on my own people will be staring at me and talking and I would feel uncomfortable but maybe it would be alright if I tried it though:)

anxiety1408

Sitting by myself watching the film will be okay. Its just the hoping I dont see anyone I know there ;P + the fact that im gonna be going in the cinema early so I can get a good seat/ dont have to walk up the stairs after with everyone watching me cos it makes me feel awkward. I can see myself messing around with my phone/Ipod touch, head down until the trailers etc start lol.

But I hope that I walk out the cinema feeling a little more confident than my usual self.

this_portrait

With movies, I prefer to go with someone else. Concerts, on the other hand, are different; I would rather go by myself because I prefer to just watch the shows and not act crazy or make any noise (which would probably be boring for most other people).

RNB

I used to but I have found that go to the right movie like a horror movie it is one heck of shrill. I have severe SA and panic attacks and trust me its not that bad.

Aletheia

Funny the things I will and won't go to alone.

I'm (mostly) fine with the cinema, probably because no one can see me sitting alone in the dark. But theatre or concerts, no way.

And I'll eat in cafes on my own, but not restaurants. Bars you've got to be kidding.

Funny the things that spell Loser to me.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I am afraid of going anywhere alone. But when I'm with someone my anxiety is focused on them rather than the environment and I find it slightly more bearable. So no.