Does anyone go to the cinema alone?

takeheart

I have got my own cinema in my house baby, oh yeah! Basically I watch free movies on some website which has all the latest movies you want, hey I know this has nothing to do with your question but I'm just saying I don't care/worry about cinema if you get what I'm saying

AGR

I only went to the cinema once when I was a kid,I am contemplating going alone just to see how it is.

EscapeArtist

I've gone alone. I think it would have been good if I wasn't experimenting with 5-htp at that time and felt very disconnected and zombied. I might go to titanic 3D alone too, because it's going to go out sometime and I can't miss it D: If you're able to go to a concert alone, going to the cinema alone is nooooo biggy

Boby

No,I never go alone to the cinema/concert...but it's not like I'm going to often anyway, for example I can't even remember the last concert it was 6-7 years ago::(:

Roman Legion

Never been to a concert and can't stand the idea of being in close proximity to that many strangers.. *shudder* I only go to the movies with my family, never alone. I remember when I was a horticulture major, we had to go on these trips for a nature walk to study the native local plants.. I drove by myself rather than carpool and during the walk I went way ahead for many reasons 1) I didn't walk as slow as them 2) It didn't put me into an akward situation where people would try talking to me 3) Being by myself in nature and getting a grade for it was peaceful and a great change

Reality: 1) I can't walk as fast due to an injury in both knees 2) People found ways to ambush you and tried as if it were a holy crusade to talk to me 3) My professor always got angry and kept telling me to "stay with the group". Not so bad, just have to keep yourself from becoming complacent with your countermeasures and constantly adapt.. To quote Fight Club "If I didn't say anything, people always assumed the worst."

Rembrandt Broam

I've been to the cinema alone many times. I don't find it particularly uncomfortable, but if I'm going alone I tend to go at quiet off-peak times so there's usually not that many people there. I'd probably find it more awkward to go on Friday or Saturday evening/night when there are lots of groups and couples there.

AsTimeBurns

I went to the cinema a few times on my own last year, and to 1 concert. Don't recall anyone making any comments. I think the woman selling the cinema tickets did ask for confirmation that I only wanted 1 ticket, but perhaps that's just because they don't get that many people asking for 1.

MentalyBlind

I go alone I enjoy the film or music more when im alone viewing just cause others slow me down and I don't have to look for others in the sea of people at concerts and at the movies I like to sit in the front but my friends don't so i don't tell them im going and in the end it works out :D

Kiwong

It's great that so many of you have people to go the movies with, and feel more comfortable in company .

It doesn't bother me much, but going to the movies with someone is never even an option I consider.

I'd definately be more nervous if I went with someone.

YellowBird

ever since i was left completely alone(not a single best friend),i've lost interest in watching movies completely,i force myself to keep up with the latest movies because it's a reason for discussion,but i don't know why i can't enjoy movies at all,i've been to the cinema alone twice and it was terrible,but even at home,it's like an entertainment that you need company to enjoy.it brings out that empty feeling more,"sooo...i'm watching a film..yea".

MrJones

ever since i was left completely alone(not a single best friend),i've lost interest in watching movies completely,i force myself to keep up with the latest movies because it's a reason for discussion,but i don't know why i can't enjoy movies at all,i've been to the cinema alone twice and it was terrible,but even at home,it's like an entertainment that you need company to enjoy.it brings out that empty feeling more,"sooo...i'm watching a film..yea".
Same here, I can't even bother watching any new movies, I haven't gone to the movies in years.

Griffin

Most of the time I go alone. There are some films that I'm interested in but which my friends or work colleagues aren't.

I don't mind going by myself. I usually prefer to go a few weeks after a film has been released in order to miss the crowds. Early morning screenings, first one of the day. It's just my preference which my friends don't share.

I still go with friends, just not as often.

Last edited:

becks

After having cbt last year i went to the cinema on my own to see the hangover 2, it was the 1st time in 13yrs, there were kids giggling and playing with there phones the whole way through the movie, definately prefer to watch a movie at home by myself with no disturbances.

Waybuloo

I would definitely go see a movie by myself and have done so in the past. My local cinema was also very cheap and did specials on Tuesdays.

I don't ever go see stupid movies where there are a lot of kids or teenagers. I like my atmosphere mature, quiet and ambient.

PhantomPod

I went to one concert alone and it was ok, but mostly I just felt extremely anxious and it wasn't super fun or anything. Not sure if I'll do that again, but maybe.

I have gone to the movies alone numerous times though and it's been good and I've enjoyed all the movies. I so feel anxious like thinking that everyone is looking at me wondering why I am being a loser at the movies myself. But I just deal with those anxious feelings because otherwise I wouldn't have seen many movies that I truly wanted to see. I just recently saw The Hunger Games by myself in the theaters and it was very crowded, but I still enjoyed it.

THeCARS1979

Yeah Ive been to concerts alone and yes Ive been to the theater alone, not often but yes Ive been there alone. Id usually try to get popcorn and try to get in a Starbucks and sit in the 2nd row

MikeyC

I went to the cinema alone once, and that was years ago. I would very much prefer to go with someone, so I don't look like more of a loser. I've been to gigs on my own, though.

knowlife

i used to go all the time but nowadays i always talk myself out of it. i should totally do it this weekend for old times sake if i could build up the nerve.

Normally, no. I have always gone with my sister or a group of friends. But late last year, I went to see a movie by myself for the first time and it really wasn't that bad. I was quite proud of myself.