Do you walk with your head down?

Richey

I don't think it matters, in fact i find the whole "posture" dictating your mood argument to be off the mark... i have tested it out, you can spend the whole day with your head up high and with your back straighter then straight but it doensn't really effect your thought patterns, you may feel a little happier but it won;t make you a better conversationalist.

Kristina223

I try not to, because then people would see I'm weird. I look up but not at people's faces, of course. I just try to walk like a "normal" person, so nobody would notice my problems (though they probably do anyway).

fitftw

I do. but I also think its partly to do with having to watch where my feet go because i trip over every thing!

this. Also it's just been a habit since I was a kid. Looking straight ahead feels weird to me and I dislike it.

Luke1993

I don't think it matters, in fact i find the whole "posture" dictating your mood argument to be off the mark... i have tested it out, you can spend the whole day with your head up high and with your back straighter then straight but it doensn't really effect your thought patterns, you may feel a little happier but it won;t make you a better conversationalist.

I think it's supposed to be your natural posture that shows your mood.

lunaticbinge

I used to all the time. Now I try to keep my head up and back straight. Good for posture and feigning confidence.

lunarla

I do walk with my head up. Always have, I think. I don't like to outwardly show what might be going on inside me if I can help it. Though I have to look down when going down stairs.

Sometimes I do, sometimes don't. Because I'm very alert of what is happening around me. But when I feel anxious, I do walk with my head down.

Phoenixx

I usually walk with my head down, especially when I'm feeling anxious or just depressed. I only walk with my head up when I'm paying close attention to my surroundings or I'm just feeling confident that day.

Only if I make eye-contact with someone; it's an automatic reaction, a bit like someone's put a brick between my neck and shoulders. I bet I'm giving out a bunch of wrong signals....

squ33ble

I wouldn't say that I walk with my head down, but I definitely have a habit of watching the ground. Even as a kid, I would always be the one to find change/coins on the ground because I would be staring at the side-walk. I don't do it 100% of the time; I do skim my surrounding every so often, but I avoid eye contact like the plague and tend to watch the ground.

nzm33443

I always used to but started making a conscious effort to hold my head up a few years ago. Does make me feel more confident for some reason.

Horatio

I used to when I was in high school, then for a while I managed to hold my head high when walking along the street until one day I was assaulted by two guys. Since then my eyes stick to the sidewalk.

Kiwong

Head down. It isn't a bad habit for a botanist. You can see all the gorund layer plants.

WeirdyMcGee

I am terribly clumsy-- I find that if I don't watch my feet sometimes, they will do all sorts of crazy things and make me trip down flights of stairs!

so yes. I walk with my head down. Run with my head down too~ unless I'm directed to do otherwise or it's not in character to do so.

panicsurvivor

That depends where I am. If I am outside than I always look at the ground, so as to avoid looking at the sky. If I am indoors, than I keep my head up, and stay aware of all the people around me.

ImNotMyIllness

:) Hi again friends. I was just wondering do you feel confident and walk with you head down or low looking at the ground. I am accustomed to looking down it starts to come naturally. When i try to walk with my head up eventually it is down again. I i walk with my head up i try not to make eye contact. How about you?

When there are a lot of people out, I prefer to walk with my gaze down. But, I keep my head up 50% of the time (if not more). As I walk, I avoid eye contact tactfully, so it looks natural. If I feel someone is going to glance at me, I will casually glance somewhere else as if I'm looking at something.