Do you walk with your head down?

babegolden20

:) Hi again friends. I was just wondering do you feel confident and walk with you head down or low looking at the ground. I am accustomed to looking down it starts to come naturally. When i try to walk with my head up eventually it is down again. I i walk with my head up i try not to make eye contact. How about you?

Aussie_Lad

Used to in high school, now I do it only if the sun is in my eyes. Otherwise I intentionality walk with my chin up, it really does help confidence when you make an effort to walk in this manner. I loathe walking with my head down now. Anything I can do to help keep depression at bay is a good thing.

xlisax

I do. but I also think its partly to do with having to watch where my feet go because i trip over every thing!
I do make myself look up though, it does get easier!

StandingJelly

Its easier for a short person like me to walk with head up I guess. But I definitely look at below face of people when walking past them.

Dr. Doom

Yeah, when there are people around I walk with my head down sort of looking out of the direction of people's eyes. I'll read posters, look at the clock a lot, lockers etc, anything so I don't make eye contact while walking. When I am alone I think I do keep my head up, but it's the same with the eyes. I've had teachers and a school counceler say I walk with my head down al the time and I guess I just dont notice it now.

Mokkat

I usually look around if Im walking around alone. If I have to pass someone I feel the anxiety building up and either look down when passing that person, or stare at a specific point behind them to look like nothing is wrong

Chriiss

I look down all the time.. And have headphones in. That way I'm in my own world and there's a barrier almost like a defensive thing. Looking up feels wrong and I feel like I will trip over aswell.

Scallywag

I've always looked at the ground anyway cos Im conscious of stepping in dog shich or tripping over the pavement. But yeah if Im passing someone I'll look straight ahead as if they are invisible lol wat a mong.

JamesSmith

I believe us people that walk with our heads down, it is proof that we have SA. My body tells the whole story. My body is always tense and I often walk with a small hunch in my back. I've been working on changing my posture. It's so hard. People tell me I look unhappy, and I can't disagree with them. I'm not happy, but I'm not that depressed. I've noticed that i'm not even thinking about it and all the sudden my head is down when I'm walking. I hate it. And apparently so does most of society considering the things people say to me.

Overload

I think I have a tendency to do this. I'm not sure if I really do it anymore though. I remember, on a really good day once, I let my eyesight be level, and was amazed at how much I was missing. It literally felt like I had stepped into a different world.

Feathers

I used to. Don't really pay attention to it these days.. My posture could be better, I know.. (It just doesn't seem so important) Sometimes you do have to watch where you're going, it can be tricky.. :)

Emmaa

I actually walk with my head up, that way I can see if people are watching me and therefore judging me. I would rather know who's looking than who's not. Haha.

LazyHermitCrab

I usually just do a light smile if i'm passing someone or read something like a random sign or count certain shapes in some object

Luke1993

Yes I did throughout my my school days and stuff since my self esteem was so low also my coordination is pretty bad so often I looked down at the floor so I didn't trip other things (I also have knee trouble and it dislocates whenever I tripped over so I never wantedto trip over).

It wasn't until I saw a family video of myself walking around I realised how bad my posture was! And over the past few months I have been trying to improve my posture. Only now am I starting to get the hang of it!

It's sort of comforting to see that others have been like this and have improved.

I don't care

I think I have to walk with my head straight, or else I would run into trees and walls and such. I usually just look around everywhere constantly, and don't keep a straight forward gaze. When I do, I don't like physically put my head down, but I will often look down at the ground with my eyes. I like finding random stuff on the floor anyways, so it's cool.