Do you walk with your head down?

>Do you walk with your head down?
Only when deep in thought. Otherwise eyes straight ahead, with an occasional forced eye-contact to give people the illusion that I am confident.

jaim38

Yes, I used to walk with my head down too, as well as hunch my back. When I was in high school, I was so self-conscious about my boobs and butt. I didn't want people to notice them because I don't want people to view me in a sexual way. So, I would hunch over so that my boobs become less noticeable. I would also wear a sweater almost everyday so that the sweater covers my butt.

This habit stuck with me when I entered college. I got comments from strangers making fun of the way I walked, but I didn't give this much thought. I didn't notice how horribly hunched I looked until one day, I must have saw my reflection on the glass window and realized how horrid I looked.

laure15

I walked with my head down because I didn't want people to think I'm staring at them. I was bullied horribly by people who accused me of staring at them, so I tried to keep my head down as much as possible in hopes that I can get them to leave me alone. But they never did. Whether I looked up or down, it doesn't matter to them. They still accused me of staring at them. I became so confused and distraught that I became scared of looking at people in the face, especially for more than 3-5 seconds. I can't make prolonged eye contact with people.

ImNotMyIllness

@Jaim38 I hope you outgrew that and are more comfortable with people staring out you. Don't assume it's sexual...But yes, men might have thoughts. Who cares!

Laure15-Sounds like a group of people really had it out for you. I'm willing to bet in some way they were jealous. Or, just hateful pricks. What a shame! :(

ShadowCookie

I look down because I don't like making direct eye contact with people. I'll give a smile and a nod, as you do, if I'm looking in a person's direction.

Watch Out

Sometimes I do, but I try not. Usually I'll be constantly scanning every little bit of information in the environment around me. I just miss too much of it if I'm constantly keeping my head down.

mikebird

Banned
All the people I walk past do that. Strangers. i think they see me as weird or badly clothed, to their standards. I see frowns. All the time.

I'd assume people are sorrowful when they are COLD! OH Dear!

I walk wearing a yellow t-shirt and a loose, unzipped black jacket. I get home too hot, and glad to hang up the jacket and relax. I make my own warmth. These are my real feelings. No duffel coat, no fluffy hat, no knee-length leather boots. People are the limp-wristed, who shelter from the rain and cold... I race sailing dinghies in freezing storms, and yachts. That is cold, when you sleep onboard, in shifts. I saw people snowboarding in France, coming downhill, bare-chested! I really did! It made me try that in a t-shirt. Great!

Looking downwards as I walk is when I check for dog poo and swan and Canadian geese poo on walkways and grass next to rivers in town.

I am cheery and enjoy a good stiff cold fresh walk around in the mornings, and I don't want to see people's grimaces and frowns. As I walk past, acting with a bright smile, being friendly, I feel their already miserable looks with extra negativeness in return

Flanscho

Nope, I don't. Mostly I'm biking anyway, so staring at the ground then would be a bit... uhm... inconvenient. And at other times: nah. Why should I? The city I live in is pretty, so are the clouds on sunsets and sundawns.

macs39

My head is usually down, that's the default position :bigsmile:but lately I've tried walking with my head straight..though almost like a stone, fixed. But it's an improvement I guess :thinking: