Do you like being stared at by the opposite sex?

Do you get stared at? (by the opposite sex)

• I know I do and I like it.

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • I know I do and I don't like it.

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • I've been told I do by others... but I haven't noticed.

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • I don't get looked at, period.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • I wish I did! I'd like it!

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • (other?) Please Explain.

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters

Number32

I do like it somehow... I think everybody likes attention in the first place.
Its just the lack of knownledge how to act/behave that makes me insecure and not like it at the same time.

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

this doesn't make sense, but i like it, and don't like it at the same time. i like it because it tells me there's something in me that catches their attention. i don't like it because i'm allergic to the spot light. i would've loved it if not for my SA which never fails to assure me that i'm going to make a total fool of myself while people are looking.

i'm the same way, so i can relate. i've been told by many people that i tend to give off mixed signals in public because of this. ::eek::

MikeyC

I still wish I would've spoken to a guy who asked me what the tattoo on my ankle is at the gas station. But, I was on a high SA moment, & he was with his buddies, so I ignored him... Still regret that one. :(
I have a similar regret, but don't fret because you could get another chance later on. :)

THeCARS1979

I like polls.

I am uncomfortable being looked at by anyone- regardless of sex; but can't escape the stares.
I do understand there are people who like to be looked at.
I'm just not one of them.

Are you?

I would like it, I don't know if i get it often enough though. Why do you hate it?

Nathália

I hate it. I don't get any confidence from it.
I guess I'm supposed to be happy about it, but I'm not.
Not everyone wants the spotlight or wishes to have it.
Sigh. I hate that the most simple things brings out emotions in me.
I can feel confident in myself and a person staring just turns me off.

KiaKaha

Banned
It depends on how I am being stared at. If its a "come over here and rip all my clothes off" type look - then sure... I can work with that.

If its the... and much more commonplace... stare of "get away from me you creepy, insignificant, I-wouldnt-date-you-if-you-were-the-last-man-on-earth" type look then no..
I dont enjoy that type of look so much.

Kiwong

Too much complication. Anyone that looks at me or talks about me, it is more likely they have a problem with me.

Currently there are at least a dozen people who have a problem with me.

I'd rather people didn't notice, or react neutrally towards me.

Look Away

No. I don't like being looked at by anyone of any gender. It just makes me feel really uncomfortable. If someone is staring at me I automatically assume it's for a negative reason. I can't imagine someone having a good reason to stare at me, luckily I don't think it happens much.

Ignace

Well, as a lot of the people here I mostly think 90% of the stares at me are negative. So I assume Every stare is negative and look away. ::p:

Daniel089

As a dude its quite awkward for me if a girl stares at me, usally I stare at them sometimes but when they stare back i look elswhere lol. Probably because I'm afraid of a "next possible step" whatever that might be. A random girl never smiled or grinned back at me before just because I was just staring at her.

Last edited:

Meggy0001

I have actually always wanted to be looked at by the opposite sex I thought it would be nice to feel like someone took interest in you but it seemed one day I was getting looked at and I have no idea why and I hated it! It sucked and I felt so insecure and uncomfortable and luckily it hasn't really happened since then and I like it that way :) I like being unnoticed :D

dyingtolive

i noticed all the females dont like it or have mixed feelings... what if a guy stares at you for like 2 seconds then looks away? not enough to be creepy but longer so u know they find you attractive

Minty

I can't remember the last time I've been looked at, let alone stared at. I don't like feeling self-conscious.

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

i noticed all the females dont like it or have mixed feelings... what if a guy stares at you for like 2 seconds then looks away? not enough to be creepy but longer so u know they find you attractive

Personally, i don't mind being stared/glanced at as long as i don't perceive it to be creepy. As you mentioned above, i think that staring at someone for a couple seconds to show interest is completely normal