Do you ever wish you could die?

Etbow23

I used to. Yrs ago, i was suicidal. I never came close to going through with it though because truth told i was wayyyyy too chicken.

I find now that a healthy fear of dying is what motivates me sometimes.

That said, i still do think about it.

Interesting...do you think it's healthy to think about it? I mean like, I've known people who have told me they've NEVER thought of it ever, like it's totally abnormal to think of it. Just wondering what you think.

I believe humans don't have as much control over their lives as they think.

Well thats fair enough, a belief is a belief.

And there are lots of factors that affect an outcome.

However it is a fact that every action you take has an outcome and every inaction also has an outcome. You decide what actions you take. You are the chief controller of your own life because you always have a choice about what action/inaction to take and action gives an outcome.

Section_31

Interesting...do you think it's healthy to think about it? I mean like, I've known people who have told me they've NEVER thought of it ever, like it's totally abnormal to think of it. Just wondering what you think.

I think it depends on the context. I think EVERYBODY has wondered what happens when your time comes, at least once in their lives.

That said, is it normal to think about ending things yourself?. I cant answer that, im not a professional, though imho i do think whatever is causing you to feel this way needs to be addressed.

Because i was too chicken to consider i decided to try to take action instead to change what needed changing. I didnt quite accomplish all that i wanted, but got far enough for my purposes.

Everyones situation is different, and i think its impossible to really put a scale of difficulty on things, its ALL difficult, but its what you do about it that helps define who you are.

WeirdyMcGee

Everyone has said at some point; "I wish I was dead!" out of frustration, haven't they? I thought that much was normal.
I used to come home from school in kindergarten and collapse on the floor, saying "I wish I was dead! I wish I was never born!"
Mom didn't seem to think it was completely abnormal. She just figured I didn't mean it.

Now... it's probably not 'normal' to obsess over death or to fantasize about it or plan your own death-- but I'd think at some point in everyone's life, they'd get a flash of what it would be like to die.
That's probably all, though... for people who have never had depression or severe anxieties.

...probably.
I don't really know for sure. I've thought about it since I was a small child, though. I assume that's probably not normal.

Etbow23

I think it depends on the context. I think EVERYBODY has wondered what happens when your time comes, at least once in their lives.

That said, is it normal to think about ending things yourself?. I cant answer that, im not a professional, though imho i do think whatever is causing you to feel this way needs to be addressed.

Because i was too chicken to consider i decided to try to take action instead to change what needed changing. I didnt quite accomplish all that i wanted, but got far enough for my purposes.

Everyones situation is different, and i think its impossible to really put a scale of difficulty on things, its ALL difficult, but its what you do about it that helps define who you are.

Yeah I think you're right..I guess it depends on how someone thinks of it. But I have met people who told me they never felt that way, and think it's weird to ever think of dying. I mostly keep these feelings I have to myself though. Well I shared it on here, but I mean with people in my life. I don't think I would actually kill myself, but I've sort of given up when it comes to therapy. It just hasn't worked for me in the past.

bsammy

thing is with me is even when im not depressed i simply dont feel like there is a reasn or purpose to living, or to my life..even pleasure doesnt make me feel fulfilled in any way..

ohheybbyitscorixx

I'm sorry it hurts. I just don't think you're doing yourselves any favours wishing for the end of all possibilities. Use your pain to propell you forward.

It doesn't work like that for all people. I don't think there is anything wrong with wishing for pain to go away, and a lot of people logically jump to suicide because there is literally nothing they can do about their lives. No ones life is the same. Not everyone has the ability to change their life, contrary to what people believe.

bardock

I could never commit suicide because of my family, they'd blame themselves for not seeing it, I think, but I sure would love to die in a freak accident, or maybe by a terminal disease slowly, so atleast I could mask the emotional pain. Death doesn't scare me at all.

Last edited:

vexatiousmind

**** yes. Sometimes I go for a drive, and go extremely fast in hopes that I might hit a deer or something. I really wish someone would just come and shoot me.

Agent_Violet

I always told myself: "I don't really want to die I just want to disappear but still be alive."

This is me. Your response kinda surprised me bc I never really saw it put that way and thought that was just a thought inside my own head.

But yeah...to disappear but still be alive or still exist somehow.

I'm afraid to not exist and i'm afraid of the unknown.

Feeling_Nothing

Oh yes, last couple on weeks/months more and more. But I know I couldn't really do it, something terrible would have to push me to actually do it.

KateW

I love the thought of just ending it, but at the same time it makes me bawl my eyes out. No idea why it makes me upset. Probably because I know it's wrong.

CrazyGirl

I love the thought of just ending it, but at the same time it makes me bawl my eyes out. No idea why it makes me upset. Probably because I know it's wrong.

Its probably why a lot people don't do it if they feel its a wrong thing to do. So many go through life depressed and self-meditate with other things.

Rawz

Yes, I have wished before that I would die. I have thought about suicide several times and have strongly wanted to go through with it once. I just can't though, not right now, at least.