Do you ever wish you could die?

It doesn't work like that for all people. I don't think there is anything wrong with wishing for pain to go away, and a lot of people logically jump to suicide because there is literally nothing they can do about their lives. No ones life is the same. Not everyone has the ability to change their life, contrary to what people believe.

There is always something you can do. You just have to think outside the box.

coyote

it really sucks when you feel like there are no choices, no options, no where to turn

but there usually ARE a number of options besides death

you just can't see them from where you're standing

either you're not ready to, or you don't want to

or your experience in life simply hasn't given you the ability to recognize the choices that are available

don't think you have to come up with all the answers on your own

find someone who can help you

they may be able to see things that you can't

Last edited:

YellowBird

it's not that much of a hard decision for me anymore,i'm just waiting in case something better comes up,there's a fat chance but you never know,i'd like to have a couple of fun times before i go,i was the fastest little sperm afterall!

gustavofring

I've found my depression has escalated over the years. My ability to cope with SA has taken it's toll on me. Trying to accomplish my goals have been greatly hindered by my depression and SA. I recognize the aspects of my life that can be improved upon and yet I feel overwhelmed by them. To use an analogy, It's like i'm driving a car towards the edge of a cliff. I know that i'm heading towards disaster and yet i'm finding it incredibly difficult to change direction.

Sounds exactly like my life too.

Never, because there's a world outside of smaltown U.S.A. and let me tell you something it's beautiful. I wouldn't want to die because I love living too much and, I know it seems like you got too much on your plate for you too handle but you don't have to do it alone. Find a friend, and for starters i'll be your friend, ever want to talk just holler.

it really sucks when you feel like there are no choices, no options, no where to turn

but there usually ARE a number of options besides death

you just can't see them from where you're standing

either you're not ready to, or you don't want to

or your experience in life simply hasn't given you the ability to recognize the choices that are available

don't think you have to come up with all the answers on your own

find someone who can help you

they may be able to see things that you can't

^ Wisdom :)

Clown

I wish everyday.. hoping mass swine flu or world war.. so I atleast go anymous death and with some honor... but those things is like 1 % chance... so I can better stay here and cry some more. I will try...

JustMe1987

yes. especially wish dying doing something heroic or with heart attack, anything that dont look im a weak and pathethic guy. :(

JustMe1987

I always told myself: "I don't really want to die I just want to disappear but still be alive."

so true. if i could choose a superpower i choose invisibility or mental power (but for me this isnt a super power is in a much high level xD)

Kinetik

I used to wish this fairly regularly but I haven't for a long time now. Funnily enough, it took several chronic illnesses for my will to live to kick in. I used to only have to deal with depression and anxiety, and those were driving forces behind wanting to die in the past. But when I started experiencing physical pain every day, for months at a time, my mental issues took a back seat and all I wanted was for my body to feel alright again. Somehow it made me want to fight.

MikeyC

But when I started experiencing physical pain every day, for months at a time, my mental issues took a back seat and all I wanted was for my body to feel alright again. Somehow it made me want to fight.
Interesting point, and it could be part of the reason why Jewel thinks the same.

lilmutegirl

I have often wished I could die--mostly when I was younger. I've always imagined scenarios in which I could potentially die, especially since my brother was involved in two really bad car accidents. I picture myself driving off the road and hitting a tree and dying.
Right now, I almost wish I could die because I feel like an awful parent to my son, even though I'm the better parent. He was literally just beating me, and I have pretty much given up for the night. I'm horrible at discipline, and though I think he's a good person/kid underneath everything, I worry how my lack of parenting skills will affect him.

ScaredToBreathe

I always told myself: "I don't really want to die I just want to disappear but still be alive."

That's like how I feel! I dunno if this is how you meant it, but I'd wanna be gone n not hav to deal with people and life but still be aware and conscious of everything. like being invisible or a ghost or somethin haha

ScaredToBreathe

back when i was in grade school i wanted to die so badly. i still hate life but now i don't ever want to die even though some days i feel like it would be so nice to just drift off into sleep and never wake up to worry about anything again. but i know i have too much to live for and a future full of potential awesomeness.
also right now i have to live for my pets i'm their mom and if i die no one will care for them as much as i do and they'd be the only ones who'd be sad and miss me. i just cant ever leave them. i guess having someone or something meaningful to me to hold on to in life keeps me going.

L30n0r4Qu1g13y

Always, but I would be too scared to actually do it. I always wish thete was just a button I could ppress and I'd be gone. Actually dying is too messy and painful

Squall

Banned
All the time, there's no point in my existence. whats a life without friends or relationships? isn't that the whole point of life? mehh.