Do you ever wish you could die?

Sephiroth

All the time, there's no point in my existence. whats a life without friends or relationships? isn't that the whole point of life? mehh.

That's the point society promotes,it seems there's no place for loners,they seem to be a threat for society and "normal people",also I hate how tv,newspapers and other sources of information like to remark each time that certain people gets into something dirty,"it was loner,living alone bla bla bla"giving us more and more tags we don't deserve, like if people weren't already cruel and "beware" of us,society of hypocrisy this just make things worse for us!

takeheart

Well, I wish I was never born in the first place, anyways I don’t think I would wish to die, though I do feel like that at times

polishgirl

Sometimes, I do. But then I snap out of it really quickly. To be honest, I love life and I love having fun. It's just that I get depressed so easily, and so many little things can let me down. And sometimes, I just feel like all the battles I have to face are just not worth it. Like it all would be easier if I were gone and didn't have to feel the constant sadness and pain.

Life is "killing" me at the moment, and i have barely able to cope. So these past few weeks (& months) have been unbelievably hard, a struggle to get thru each day, each hour. And in the last few weeks especially the idea of "exiting" this world has been growing on me. Yesterday on the tv news, it showed an unknown "ball of fire" screaming accross the sky. And i though that if i were around there in its general path, i would have thrown myself directly in the middle of its ground-target. So that made me feel a bit better! ;)

But i mean, i've been STRUGGLING with life for coming up to 20 YEARS now. I've tried many, many things, but NOTHING has worked; i always sink back down to my low-level. I PRESUMED my life would get better as i got older, but it doesnt seem the case at all (right now my life is at the lowest place ever). So, you know, enough's enough. So if my life DOES get significantly better this year of 2012 then fine, good. But if it DOESN'T then i am kinda "foreseeing" a somewhat adrupt end to my existence. Because there's only so many years of misery, torture, suffering a person can take - and think i am reaching my "natural" limit.

But WHO KNOWS what the future holds, i guess. Even for me things COULD change (& i WANT them to, if its for the better). So whatever happens happens. If life wants me to die young-ish, then so be it .. i'm just too tired to fight life now. Obviously its always had "other plans" for me, so why don't i just "give up fighting", trying to go "against the grain", & let it do to me what it ought (which is my mind would be my "true destiny")

So okay, this probably sounds very dire & horrible & urgent, etc, and is is to fair degree i would have to say, but for me it FEELS GOOD, as it's like NOW i have a PLAN (& i haven't had any medium or longer-term plans for many, many years - its REFRESHING, and it gives me HOPE!!!!) :D :cool:

Last edited:

irish_bob

Life is "killing" me at the moment, and i have barely able to cope. So these past few weeks (& months) have been unbelievably hard, a struggle to get thru each day, each hour. And in the last few weeks especially the idea of "exiting" this world has been growing on me. Yesterday on the tv news, it showed an unknown "ball of fire" screaming accross the sky. And i though that if i were around there in its general path, i would have thrown myself directly in the middle of its ground-target. So that made me feel a bit better! ;)

But i mean, i've been STRUGGLING with life for coming up to 20 YEARS now. I've tried many, many things, but NOTHING has worked; i always sink back down to my low-level. I PRESUMED my life would get better as i got older, but it doesnt seem the case at all (right now my life is at the lowest place ever). So, you know, enough's enough. So if my life DOES get significantly better this year of 2012 then fine, good. But if it DOESN'T then i am kinda "foreseeing" a somewhat adrupt end to my existence. Because there's only so many years of misery, torture, suffering a person can take - and think i am reaching my "natural" limit.

But WHO KNOWS what the future holds, i guess. Even for me things COULD change (& i WANT them to, if its for the better). So whatever happens happens. If life wants me to die young-ish, then so be it .. i'm just too tired to fight life now. Obviously its always had "other plans" for me, so why don't i just "give up fighting", trying to go "against the grain", & let it do to me what it ought (which is my mind would be my "true destiny")

So okay, this probably sounds very dire & horrible & urgent, etc, and is is to fair degree i would have to say, but for me it FEELS GOOD, as it's like NOW i have a PLAN (& i haven't had any medium or longer-term plans for many, many years - its REFRESHING, and it gives me HOPE!!!!) :D :cool:

in western society , we grow up being told that we can be anything we want , as such thier is a strong sense of entitlement , i used to believe i would be a success for the simple reason that god would reward me for keeping on the straight and narrow etc , now that im an athiest , i realise that im not important in the grand scheme of things and that thier is no nesscesity for me to succeed in life , my ego is completley dead and once that happens , you neither feel deserving of success or have the appetite for it , your completley indifferent and numb to the standard pursuits of life

recluse

That's the point society promotes,it seems there's no place for loners,they seem to be a threat for society and "normal people",also I hate how tv,newspapers and other sources of information like to remark each time that certain people gets into something dirty,"it was loner,living alone bla bla bla"giving us more and more tags we don't deserve, like if people weren't already cruel and "beware" of us,society of hypocrisy this just make things worse for us!

It's fine if a person chooses to be a loner. There's nothing worse than being a loner because of low self esteem/social phobia/mental illness, you watch people going around with their friends/partners and you wish you could be like them.::(:

ohheybbyitscorixx

There is always something you can do. You just have to think outside the box.

I think me wishing death upon myself comes more from feeling than anything. So yes, I feel suicidal a lot. And no, thinking outside of the box does not help it. Obviously, that was one of the first things I tried. Just because you have the will to live, doesn't mean that will exists mutually with every single person. No two people feel the same. No two people have the same life. It's ignorant to assume that just because you feel or do something, anyone can. Life is not fair, and as a result, you get many different kinds of people with varying circumstances. I only get the "there is always something you can do" line when no one has any real answers or true empathy, implying that either I have not tried everything or I am not trying hard enough. Maybe some peoples emotions are so complex to the point where people don't know the answer, and it's possible there isn't one. Why so many humans think they have so much control over their lives when most of it is just by chance, I will never know.

drganon

Dying would solve all my problems. The only things stopping me is that I have no easy and painless ways to do so and I'm afraid of what the after life( if there is one) is like.

Waybuloo

I used to wish for it everyday, but in the end just grew bored and tired of having to think about it. Right now I wish to live out of boredom of death haha. Plus having something to do and responsibilities help me. I think the more you are preoccupied the better.

Everyday. Already had a couple of attempts in the past year. One landed me in a psych ward for about a month.

Leonie

This thread makes for very uncomfortable reading:(

You shouldn't ever wish to die,no matter how bad things get. Think of your friends,your family, you always have something to live for!
Think about where you may be in a years time, or 5 or 10 year time,there are endless possibilities out there...
You may be the person that changes the world or just impacts one persons life...

I know it's a simplistic way of looking at times,but I believe it all!! God knows I have been through some tough and testing times but there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

I have wished to die when the 'pain outweighs the ability to cope with it'. i would also add in fear as well as pain. But I don't really want my life to end i am just out of options when it comes to relief, sometimes i wind up really really wounded or alone and can't think of any other way out. I know from experience now though that i don't want to leave my family, and just dont want to die anyway, i want help to come! When help has failed to come despite your efforts,over many many years this too adds to your wish to die. I still think the situation could come where i was experiencing so much fear/pain that i couldnt cope especially if you never see it getting better and there is noone to even call. I know you call samaritans but what if you need a physical relationship? That's no good, if u need someone now, or somewhere to stay.

We pretty much have infinity to be dead and non existant. There's only a very short time available to us to be alive. Everyone of us will die and nearly all be forgotten within one generation or less. This is the only time you get to be alive. Live it.