anyone rich and still lonley?

If there are any rich, lonely women on here, umm..... you can pm me - maybe we can work something out
Isn't it meant to be the other way around?? ;)

I read somewhere (ie not from experience!) that money can IMPROVE your level of hapiness, but it cannot (in itself) MAKE you happy

For example, for one particular person (who starts off poor):

MONEY . . . . HAPINESS
-----------------------
POOR . . . . . .AVERAGE
RICHER . . . . .OKAY ("bit" happier, as more money)
RICH . . . . . . OKAY (same as before, as only thing thats changed is have even more money; it may even go DOWN a bit (due to stress of more
. . . . . . . . . . . things to worry about,..); note that person has not reached "HAPPY", as money can only do so much for your happiness, the rest
. . . . . . . . . . . is up to the person; money is not a "magic pill" (it requires hard work to transform it from money into hapiness))

Last edited:

Aussie_Lad

I think the link between money and lonliness depends on how the money is acquired. If you have won the money in lotto or have had in handed down trough interheritance then it very much depends on how the money is spent as to whether it solves your lonliness or not.

Investments (shares, property) is another area which you may give you better chance to meet that someone.

Best yet is if you have gained your money through buidling business, because business relys very much on social interaction with customers, employees, etc. If you have gained riches based on this approch, then you know you have done something right in your life.

DanFC

Well, with my future job I'll make plenty of money in an obvious manner. I hope that means some women would try to leech off of me, and, I know how superficial this sounds, I'll take the hottest one. Because let's face it, someone like me (if you knew me, you'd know) can never actually have a real connection or form true happiness with anybody else. I may as well play with the cards I'm dealt.

Of course, my brother lawyer will make sure things go my way financially for the eventual divorce and that I'll get the kids ;)

Feathers

Well, with my future job I'll make plenty of money in an obvious manner. I hope that means some women would try to leech off of me, and, I know how superficial this sounds, I'll take the hottest one. Because let's face it, someone like me (if you knew me, you'd know) can never actually have a real connection or form true happiness with anybody else. I may as well play with the cards I'm dealt.

Of course, my brother lawyer will make sure things go my way financially for the eventual divorce and that I'll get the kids ;)

OMG!! lol!! I mean, this just sounds soo totally superficial!!!

First of all, you assume you couldn't 'make a connection' or 'true happiness' with one of the hotties attracted to your huge money?? You'll have a poll of women attracted to you (I assume?) so you can choose the one you get most affection and connection with, I guess!! It's impossible to rate 'level of hottiness' after a certain level of attractiveness - just look at Miss World competition, for example!! Can you really 'rate' all of them as 'more or less hot'? (Sometimes yes, sometimes no..) Also, personal tastes and standards are VERY different ('beauty is in the eye of beholder') I know one of the contestants personally and I've gotten such different replies from people, like 'she's one of the best contestants we ever had/the best ever' to 'what do they see in her?/She's nothing special..' So different, and it's the same person!!

Sometimes we do get attracted to a person because they are 'right' for us or remind us of a relative or ourselves (there have been studies done on this!!) it's still wise to get to know them better first and see if they are more than just a pretty face or not, how compatible we are etc! And yeah, the lawyer idea seems good too, lol!!

DanFC

OMG!! lol!! I mean, this just sounds soo totally superficial!!!

First of all, you assume you couldn't 'make a connection' or 'true happiness' with one of the hotties attracted to your huge money?? You'll have a poll of women attracted to you (I assume?) so you can choose the one you get most affection and connection with, I guess!! It's impossible to rate 'level of hottiness' after a certain level of attractiveness - just look at Miss World competition, for example!! Can you really 'rate' all of them as 'more or less hot'? (Sometimes yes, sometimes no..) Also, personal tastes and standards are VERY different ('beauty is in the eye of beholder') I know one of the contestants personally and I've gotten such different replies from people, like 'she's one of the best contestants we ever had/the best ever' to 'what do they see in her?/She's nothing special..' So different, and it's the same person!!

Sometimes we do get attracted to a person because they are 'right' for us or remind us of a relative or ourselves (there have been studies done on this!!) it's still wise to get to know them better first and see if they are more than just a pretty face or not, how compatible we are etc! And yeah, the lawyer idea seems good too, lol!!

Well, with someone like me who has never gotten affection and never will with the current trend, by my own faults, I don't expect anyone to form a connection with anyone, hot or not. And note that I don't say beautiful; for me beautiful is what I think your hot is. But, sometimes I think we just got to accept the fact that we do not get everything we want, and in my case it's a beautiful person. But at least if I can be with a hot person, why not? Another major thing is that I've always wanted kids. And this way I could at least have them, instead of waiting for that beautiful person who won't come.

Like I said, I think it's about playing the cards we are dealt.

panicsurvivor

Speaking as someone who has moved from poverty to middle class in americas wonderful recession. I can tell you that money can make you happy. I worked very hard to get what I have and was very proud of myself for being able to do it. So yes it makes me happy, that I have four bank acounts, and yes it makes me happy that I have a home.
However that is only one aspect of my life. I still have Agoraphobia, I still see others suffering, I still don't do what I want to do as far as a career. I still am afraid to travel.
I am happier now than when I was a high school drop out criminal. I am happier now than when I was shut in at my parents house at the age of 21, but I think that it is not the money I have that makes me happier, I think it is the life that I built while I worked for it. Does that make any sense?

AGR

watch this hahhahahaaa:D
YouTube - How to get a girl - www.affairs.in

now seriously,money does bring happines,its easy to say or pretend not when you dont have problems with or dont have a lot of people to suport,if it was only me I wouldnt care much,I would only work a few hours and put much more time into my hobbies and stuff,but sadly thats not the case and some people depend on me.

Last edited:

fitftw

lmao didn't expect that ending hahah that's amazing. Lots of clever deaths. And I forgot about that punk remix of "So Happy Together" lol it's been a while since I heard it. Refreshing, this :)

harlseq

Money could definitely solve a lot of my current problems and probably wouldn't hurt me solving some others.

dottie

health-2.jpg

the bottom tiers are pretty much based on money. even if you go to esteem needs that can be tied to how well you achieve making money. if your failure for making money wasn't there to overshadow everything else, you could focus on other achievments and find a good sense of self esteem. i know i could if it weren't for poverty kicking my confidence in the balls.

Feral_Child

health-2.jpg

the bottom tiers are pretty much based on money. even if you go to esteem needs that can be tied to how well you achieve making money. if your failure for making money wasn't there to overshadow everything else, you could focus on other achievments and find a good sense of self esteem. i know i could if it weren't for poverty kicking my confidence in the balls.

This is from Wikipedia:

Maslow studied what he called exemplary people such as Albert Einstein, Jane Addams, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Frederick Douglass rather than mentally ill or neurotic people, writing that "the study of crippled, stunted, immature, and unhealthy specimens can yield only a cripple psychology and a cripple philosophy." Maslow also studied the healthiest 1% of the college student population.

Last edited:

fitftw

If you grow up rich and comfortable, you will never be as unhappy as an unhappy poor person.

DanFC

This is from Wikipedia:

Maslow studied what he called exemplary people such as Albert Einstein, Jane Addams, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Frederick Douglass rather than mentally ill or neurotic people, writing that "the study of crippled, stunted, immature, and unhealthy specimens can yield only a cripple psychology and a cripple philosophy." Maslow also studied the healthiest 1% of the college student population.

It looks like it does not apply to us, then... :(

Humanism is often criticized for it's lack of objectivity. Not that it's without it's applications, but Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is flawed by design.

Silentknight

I don't think money would make me anyless lonely actually it would probably make it worse but with alot of I would be able to hide behind it have a nice house not have to leave cause I would be able to order anything I want off the Internet.
Kind of like Howard Hughes when he became a recluse.

Silvox Black

Money does not bring any sort of long lasting-solid happiness. However what you decide to do with that amount of money, assuming you are filthy rich, can make you happy. Having large sums of money is not something bad however, I myself know that my situation would improve considerably with a bit more cash to use, but it is when you indulge in materialism that money becomes an obstacle to fulfillment in life.

Silvox Black

Humanism is often criticized for it's lack of objectivity. Not that it's without it's applications, but Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is flawed by design.

May I ask how Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is flawed? I've never heard such a statement before.

Solo Dolo

idk if money would solve lonliness. but theres no doubt it would make you more happy. no matter what anyone wants to think, money would make u happier in some way.

phasingk

I wouldn't say I'm rich, but my family is probably above average on the SES scale, and I am more well-off than most of my friends. Technically, I don't have to work, but I still do because I don't like relying on my parents all the time. They don't understand though, they like to pamper me and it gets annoying and makes me guilty.

I think people can be happy and rich when they work for their own money, but when the money is already there or it was just given to them, then it doesn't have much value at all, and that's when money can't give you true happiness.