Would you swap your disorder for another?

Kinetik

I'd swap my SA for astigmatism. I have no idea what that is, but I've been seeing this contact lens commercial lately - it features this hot girl who says how her astigmatism doesn't bother her now that she's found this one set of contacts. So I guess it can't be that bad. ::p:

Last edited:
Lol! How funny, I actually have astigmatism!....
It's just blurry vision basically, not near-sightedness or far-sightedness... basically no-sightedness! :p

****, I think the thread police might come and arrest me for stealing this thread. Sorry! Okay, back to topic! ;)

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

I'd swap my SA for astigmatism. I have no idea what that is, but I've been seeing this contact lens commercial lately - it features this hot girl who says how her astigmatism doesn't bother her now that she's found this one set of contacts. So I guess it can't be that bad. ::p:

haha! nice! i have an astigmatism.. i'm pretty sure it just means that your eyes are more shaped like footballs or something? i don't know, my mom is an op tech and she tried to explain it to me but i guess i forgot, haha... it doesn't hinder me at all, my sight isn't so bad, i hardly ever wear my glasses/contacts, my RX is like .5, lol..

chola

I have ADD and SA. I think I could swap these for an outgoing personality and a prosthetic limb.

Freeflex

While I don't believe Anorexia or Bullemia aren't serious, I'd gladly swap social anxiety for anorexia, as it means I wouldn't find comfort in eating food and would thus lose all this 'comfort eaten' weight.

But of course I'd like to be 'cured' by the time I got to like 6st or 7st. lol. But it isn't as simple as that I know.

Kristina223

Social Phobia for OCD.
Well, I started having some OCD symptoms a few months ago, but Social Phobia isn't getting any better.
Maybe I just have to wait for a while ...

Luke1993

I think I would swap my SA with OCD. I think I ould cope with OCD better, but I've never experienced it so who knows!?

EscapeArtist

I really never did understand this question.. because if you traded your SA you would be so much of a different person, that you wouldn't even know that you traded, because that memory is connected to the events that put you where you are now, and you wouldn't be there anymore. And then, you'd have another disorders, still be comparing yourself to what society titles as "normal", and would just want to trade again. I also think us with SA are lucky to have a positive side of the situation. Many disorders come with less obvious positive qualities. If you are unsure of what positive I am speaking of, I believe there are a few threads going around exploring that side

KiaKaha

Banned
I dont think I would want to swap a disorder for another, sorry to be a killjoy with the question, its just that I dont particularly enjoy having any kind of disorder. I would rather just be free and happy and live life to the fullest. I have SA and suffer from depression/dysthymia. If I could get rid of one of them first it would be depression because depression makes me lose hope, affects my attitude and just makes me feel like there is no point in even TRYING to feel better about anything at all...

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I think I’ll stay pat with SA. Better the devil you know than the one you don’t.

I sure would love to be normal again though.

DespairSoul

Brilliant idea ofcourse i will swap and i hope will work too:)

AKROFOBIE fear of high places

ARACHNOFOBIE fear of spiders

HEMAFOBIE fear of blood

Any from this three would be for me super next to SA!!Who have this swap PLS:D

Kiwong

No, I have enough disorders to deal with. If I swapped social phobia for something else I'd still have panic disorder, haemachormatosis to deal with.

Sinar_Matahari

Yes, antisocial personality disorder. Is this limited to psychiatric conditions or can I trade my SA for a physical conditions....? Elephantits of the breasts anyone?