Would you swap your disorder for another?

panicsurvivor

I thought this would be interesting.
When someone started a thread about whether or not everyone on here had sa
It seemed like everyone was suprised at how different our different "problems" can actually be in severity and cause. So I thought I would ask.
If you could, would you swap your disorder for another?
And not something stupid like fear of the number 13. Like depression for OCD, or SA for Panic Disorder.
I just want to see if the grass is always greener in here too.

Well, I've very bad chronic insomnia.... I guess I wouldn't mind what's the disorder where you can fall asleep suddenly? Narcolepsy? I occasionally black out from lack of sleep anyway...

Tiercel

I'm not sure that I'd swap anything right now. I finally know what my biggest problems are and how I should go about minimizing them. Switching one or more for something else would just be counterproductive.

Sort of like giving my mattress to someone in exchange for theirs. Mine might not be the world's most comfortable mattress, but I know how to sleep on it. His might be too hard or too soft. Maybe a spring pokes you when you lie on it a certain way. Maybe it even comes with bedbugs. I might have had mine for over 15 years, but I'll hold on to it for now.

Actually, all of my disorder problems started in middle school, too. Not long after I got that mattress....

:confused:

No, I wouldn't.. :3

As harsh as social phobia can be, it's also part of who I am (for now). No disorder is truly nice, I'd rather keep this one since I am well on my way on overcoming it. A new one would mean that I would have to start all over again.

Kiwong

Well I have depression, social anxiety and panic disorder. OCD sounds full on, so I guess I'll pass on that one.

Well I haven't had a panic attack for three years now.

Feathers

Hm, I think these things often correlate or come together (due to nutrition or environment/upbringing or otherwise..)

I agree that knowing more about these things helps, so yeah, I guess it's good I've learnt a lot about all this already.. :)

Puma, great attitude!!

Kiwong, great to hear you've been PA-free for so long!!

Tiercel, get a new mattress? (Or at least reposition it in a more feng-shui friendly place?)

HeadFace

I would gladly trade in Social Phobia for Social Philia
Is Social Philia an actual disorder? o_O

I don't think I'd trade any of mine over... I'm barely learning to cope with it. And I don't feel like starting the cycle over again.

Mr.Moon

ADD/ADHD ain't a laughing matter. Lot's of people really struggle with it. I have it in fact. But if were swapping disorders.. I'd give that up for something silly that might not ever affect me.. like arachnophobia or something. That's cheating though. Oh well~

Well, to me, add just sounds fun (without the SA of course). I wouldn't have to choose to not pay attention to things.... It would just happen... I hope lol :p. Of course, as I've learned one can never be happy. You can only be happy not being happy ;)

Edit: I'm not laughing about ADD, I just really would have that instead of SA.

lunaticbinge

Well, to me, add just sounds fun (without the SA of course). I wouldn't have to choose to not pay attention to things.... It would just happen... I hope lol :p. Of course, as I've learned one can never be happy. You can only be happy not being happy ;)

Edit: I'm not laughing about ADD, I just really would have that instead of SA.

ADD really sucks actually. I think some of my social phobia stems from this. Not paying attention to things makes it really hard to remember things people say and you can wind up looking like a fool in social situations, work situations, etc.

Well, that sucks... Like I said, one can never be happy huh?

Okay, I change my mind then... I would choose a disorder that would entail me having a huuuuuge d**k... drop dead good looks and an ego whose size is only surpassed by that of my d**k's :cool:. One can only dream of such a disorder huh? :D

Ignace

Okay, I change my mind then... I would choose a disorder that would entail me having a huuuuuge d**k... drop dead good looks and an ego whose size is only surpassed by that of my d**k's :cool:. One can only dream of such a disorder huh? :D

That's not really positive.:eek: What can you do with such a thing ? Fishing ?

lunaticbinge

Guess we learned something new about you today hmm? xD

Lol! Well, mine isn't that small :D

@Ignace

I would use it to "fish" for women ;) *cough*

Sleepless - this isn't the wife swapping thread! If you want, I'll take your wife, even though I don't have one to give you :) Yes?

panicsurvivor

Easy, I have to confess............I have the aforementioned disorder. It's making my life unbearable. I have no pants that fit me, and the last 2 girls I slept with have pressed charges.:D;):cool:::p: