Would you still have SA if you were sexy

Diend

If guys or girls approached and complimented you left and right, would you still always stay home? I need a new hair cut any ideas?

WishingICould

So, you're saying people with SA aren't attractive? The last time i was forced to go out to a bar i kept getting hit on by creeps which, if anything, made me want to go out less. SA has nothing to do with how attractive a person is.

People tell me I look good, but I still don't believe them, so even If I would be sexy, I would be to insecure to see it with my own eyes.

But ehm, I think being sexy does not help, maybe I'd be more attractive, but I think the whole sexiness wouldn't matter, because I would still feel scary from within.

Section_31

i know one girl in particular whos a former runway model, shes gorgeous, very nice person too, but shes ALWAYS scared about how people are perceiving her, bc in her previous line of work she WAS judged and the pressure was always on. Its given her alot of anxiety in social situations since then.

laure15

If I'm sexy, I would still have SA. I will receive much unwanted attention from people which makes me feel even more nervous. And some people will be jealous of me and try to make me look bad. I think sexiness can come in handy in some situations but not in all.

Lamb

SA doesn't always stem from appearance. As for the haircut, go bald. :p

Last edited:

PGT

I am quite happy with the way I look. I would like a bit more hair on top but that's not going to happen so I have started to keep it really short almost bald and actually looks OK.
I have so many other issues when It comes to being out in public and talking to new people. My appearance is the least of my worries. I go bright red very easily even if someone just asks a basic question and if that person happens to be a woman then forget it I am a total mess.
I suppose there are many causes of sa each person will be different. Some people will be anxious over there looks, some people may not feel smart enough or not interesting enough. I know if I could stop getting embarrassed so easily I might be more willing to talk to people and get out more.

InvisaLady

I think if I were and received complements my SA would not be as bad as it is.
But I'm not and all I have ever gotten is a "Err..... your a nice person". Yeah that was a real confidence boost.

knr9311

SA can affect anyone, no matter what they look like. I get told I'm "sexy" or whatever, but it actually makes me feel MORE self-conscious. I feel like they're judging me on my looks. I also think that they expect some type of personality to go with it... not saying I have a bad personality - it's just that I don't have a "flirty" personality or anything. Plus, it takes a while for me to show my personality to people, sometimes. Plus, everyone sees beauty differently.

What do you mean, if? I'm sexier than a hairless cat covered in whipped cream. If you're into that sort of thing.

But seriously... you basically just implied anyone with SA must be unnattractive. Really? I've seen plenty of attractive shy males and females on here and in real life.

Shaking my head atcha, boy.

Aron

I'm sure I would still have SA, but at least it would give me a little more confidence if I was approached by girls, or at least have some positive feedback from them. Maybe I would have even had a girlfriend if that was the case. Accepting someone's approach is always easier for me than doing the approach myself.

JohnnAY

Really depends, there are people who have developed SA from having body dysmorphic disorder, where the problem areas tend to be facial features. I personally can attest to that. Being attractive would certainly help me get out of the house more often.