Would you date someone way older/younger than you?

Kneesocks

I know this is wrong, but I'm 15 right now and I kind of like this 21 year old girl.
I've asked her about dating people and she said its a huge MAYBE on dating someone young as 15 but wouldn't go further down.

So I would say I would date someone as much as 10 years older at most.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I know this is wrong, but I'm 15 right now and I kind of like this 21 year old girl.
I've asked her about dating people and she said its a huge MAYBE on dating someone young as 15 but wouldn't go further down.

So I would say I would date someone as much as 10 years older at most.

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong you liking an older girl. However, that particular age difference has legal ramifications, and I wouldn't let someone I cared about risk jail time for me just so that we could be together.

Invisibleman

Look honestly I dont really have a problem with age as long as its fricken legal. 21 yr girl with 34 yr guy whatever. 14 yr girl with 26 yr guy hell no. And honestly I dont know what it is with girls obsession with older guys. I always ask why and they say "oh I want a guy to protect me and make me feel safe" so..you cant find a guy like that your own age? <thats what puzzles me.

BiWinning

I'm not sure what they mean by "protection". Does it mean financially, they can make you feel safe by owning their own house etc? Or does it mean physical protection? I'm not sure physical protection would make much sense.:confused:

That makes me think of condoms....but my mind is in the gutter today....
::eek::

Shawnzie

I'm coming up on 21, and I would like a girl to be around my age. Any younger and there's just way too much drama, (even girls my age cause a hell of a lot of drama) I wouldn't go much older just because of my SA. I don't feel my age, and the "real world" is intimidating to me. most 20-30 year olds are attending college, or living on their own, so a girl that's say, 3 to 5 years older than me, has already experienced a lot more than I have. I am attracted to older women though. *wink wink* Social Anxiety aside, I could see myself dating someone up to 5 years older than me, possibly.

Shawnzie

i go for young looking chicks

i am a perv :(

Being attracted to youthfulness isn't wrong, of course that depends on what you consider young looking. If you're talking girls that are maybe, 20-25 that look like they're in their late teens, there's nothing wrong.

CR.O

For a girl, dating a man much older than us means we have been dating a grown up man. they'll take a good care to us..
so yeah , i would!:D

this_portrait

The oldest I'll date is two years older. Anything more than that kinda intimidates me, for some reason. I MAY consider a year younger, but no more that, if at all (I feel like I'm "robbing the cradle", as the saying goes, if I date a younger guy, which creeps me out).

DeadmanWalking

If I ever get the chance to date, I would most likely date no one who's no more than 10 or 15 years older or someone who's hasn't hit legal age (obviously) or 10 years younger than me.

mmmm

Look honestly I dont really have a problem with age as long as its fricken legal. 21 yr girl with 34 yr guy whatever. 14 yr girl with 26 yr guy hell no. And honestly I dont know what it is with girls obsession with older guys. I always ask why and they say "oh I want a guy to protect me and make me feel safe" so..you cant find a guy like that your own age? <thats what puzzles me.

Why don't they just date their daddies if they're that vulnerable and helpless?::p:

coyote

this woman is over 50

i'm just saying....

nancy-shevell-wedding-dress.jpg

razzle dazzle rose

I like to date guys who are around my age really. A couple years younger, a couple years older. But no more than 5 years either way. Of course, if it is meant to be it is meant to be, age doesn't matter.

Silatuyok

My ex is 13 years older than I am, and was (is?) quite immature. The only problem was that I went ahead and married him when I was 19, which was waaaayyyy too young for me. I hadn't even become myself yet! In contrast, my future hubby is three years younger than I am, and is one of the most mature men I have ever met. So to me, age is a relative thing.

MikeyC

My ex is 13 years older than I am, and was (is?) quite immature.
This is probably more important than anything else - maturity. You can be 40 and have the maturity level of Spongebob, which is not really an attractive feature on the opposite sex. I know a couple of girls who are physically attractive but mentally immature, and for that reason alone I wouldn't do anything.

Marie, sorry to hear that you married him. And you're right, 19 is far too young to be married. I know a girl who's 19 and recently married myself, and I can tell it's going to be tough on her, because she has not even figured out what she wants to do yet. At least you seemingly made the right decision and divorced him, to which made you find your current fiancee. :)

My ex-girlfriend, when we were together, told me she liked me for my maturity. She tried dating another guy and apparently he was so immature that she was embarrassed to be seen in public with him! So I guess it's the same for both sexes.

MNM322

hell yes i would. no limit really. if he is amazing, then who cares?

however it will take me ages, if ever to get to this point again since i am going through hell with the first older man i fell for

InvisaLady

Right now the guy I am seeing is 11 years older than I am, and it really does not bother me. On the other hand when a 56 year old was coming onto me I was a bit creped out. As far as younger goes, it really would depend on the guy (as long as he is of legal age that is.)