Would you date someone way older/younger than you?

aquarius86

I'm 26 and I think my cut off would be 40 but that's pushing it. He's got to be really funny and romantic for me to even consider. The youngest I'd go with is probably 23.

chibiXphantom

probably not. maybe a couple years, but not way older. i prefer to date someone my own age. too much older or younger just would feel weird.

Last edited:

GraybeardGhost

My last relationship was with a woman fifteen years my senior. It worked (for almost three years) because we had a great many common interests, despite our very different backgrounds, education, and religious views. Age was never an issue once we got past the first few dates.

Flanscho

Older: yes. Younger: I'd be hesitant. I'm now 33, way younger would mean something like early 20s. I'd have the feeling of being responsible for her, since she'd be out of puberty just for some years, and probably doesn't really know yet what she wants in her life. And many things would be difficult too, since she'd probably have no income either, such as vacation. On a vacation together, would I always pay for both of us? I dislike that thought. Or don't go on vacation at all, since she couldn't afford it?

Older? That would be less of a problem.

1BlackSheep

I'm 32 and I 'd go 21 to 55,but the 21 year old would have to be someone I'd chatted to for ages and the 55 year old would have to be smoking hot.
So the 21 year old doesn't have to be smoking hot but has to be well-versed yet the 55 year old just has to be hot? What if she were just funny, smart, and treated you very well? Inquiring minds want to know! ::p:

Section_31

Absolutely! if the attraction is there,

I dated a 43 yr old for a few months when i was 25......and i must say she taught me quite alot!!.

1BlackSheep

I think she might fall into the 2nd mum category. I can't say for sure. But if not, maybe there might be a primeval instinct to breed. Which someone that's passed it wouldn't arouse in me. I should have used the term healthy and good to go. :p

ps Obviously it's all about love and I'll go where my heart leads me.
Definitely don't want to be anyone's 2nd mum! Just because we're older doesn't mean we want to breed either!!! :eek: That ship has long since sailed! :)

Healthy and good to go is a better way to put it - and much more accurate! ;)

I dated a 43 yr old for a few months when i was 25......and i must say she taught me quite alot!!.
Excellent! :)

Last edited:

psych

Biggest space in age, would be an ex from about 6 years ago. I was only 7 yrs older than him. He was in his 20's, I was in my 30's...
I've since been courted by younger people, but feel I have more in common with ppl closer to my age, or older.
Part of that was because I got burned by that guy. So, taking on a younger man again would probably involve considerable anxiety.... Would I do it again? Idk, would have to meet the guy first. :)

Lonelykitsune

I'd prefer someone around my own age, 5 years difference would be the max since after that I'd feel I'd have less in common.

HiddenErin

Every now and then I find myself attracted to a person way older or younger (more often older) than me. I think it is all about personality, intellect and general chemistry. In other words, I definitely would.

Earthcircle

When I was dating, I would date people much younger than me. But I haven't dated in a very long time. I don't even know if I can do it anymore. I wouldn't know what to say or do or anything.

megalon

When I browse profiles on dating sites, I usually look for girls the same age as me or younger. I'm 25 and I won't even consider a profile that says 27 or 28. It's not a matter of age gap. It's because by that age they have their lives in order, they have formed their identity, and they're no longer naive in the ways of the world. I assume they expect the same from a man. But I don't feel like a man, I feel like a teenage boy, still struggling to make heads or tails of the 'real world'.