Would you date someone way older/younger than you?

Danfalc

Banned
I'm 24 so,I would date someone older/younger than me.Age is really just a number to a certain degree,so if you fall for someone.That being said I don't think I would date someone younger than 19.

mrb

im 45 my gf is 50 so yea , but i have dated girls a lot younger than me , although im 45 i look a lot younger , my ex wife was ten years younger than me , i went out with a girl who worked in a pub who was 22 when i was 38 , i have come to realise its peronality that counts not so much looks or age .....

Alex76

I'd have no problems dating someone 10-15 years younger then myself (if I was confident enough to do the dating thing that is). Although I'm 33, I don't act or feel (or look for that matter), anywhere near that age, so wouldn't see the age gap as a big deal.
Don't think I could go anymore then about 2 years older though.

coyote

wow, mrb, that's scary...

I'm 45 and my girlfriend is 51. I'm also divorced from a younger wife. (uhm...two younger wives).

I think looks are important, though - attraction is key. But it's true that not everyone finds the same things attractive - we don't all have the same perception of beauty.

I will say, though, that my 51 year old girlfriend is hot! And I don't really think of us being different ages anyway.

I don't know if I could carry on much of a relationship with someone in their twenties....what would we have to talk about?

Last edited:

mrb

wow, mrb, that's scary...

I'm 45 and my girlfriend is 51. I'm also divorced from a younger wife. (uhm...two younger wives).

I think looks are important, though - attraction is key. But it's true that not everyone finds the same things attractive - we don't all have the same perception of beauty.

I will say, though, that my 51 year old girlfriend is hot! And I don't really think of us being different ages anyway.

I don't know if I could carry on much of a relationship with someone in their twenties....what would we have to talk about?
if i had a 20 year old gf lol the last thing id wanna do is talk whooooooo :D

mrb

I wouldn't date anyone younger than me at the moment, maybe when i'm like 30 i'd feel comfortable dating someone maybe 25 and no younger, but i feel more attracted to men my age and older than me, at the moment no more than 10 years older. ::p: I've always felt attracted to men older than me, maybe it's a protection thing? :confused: I'd like to feel safe and protected because i've never felt that.

ill protect you lol ;) hide behind gazza :D

Danfalc

Banned
I've always felt attracted to men older than me, maybe it's a protection thing? :confused: I'd like to feel safe and protected because i've never felt that.

A lot of girls feel like that,but yeah I would say it's a protection security thing,Might also be a maturity thing.

Saying that I'm a guy,and I wouldn't mind an older chick who would look after me :D

Danfalc

Banned
I think a maturity thing too yeah, of course i can be a big kid at times anyone can and it's great to just be a fool and play around (i don't mean that sexually :S), keeps yer young! :D But i do find alot of guys my age really permanetly immature lol, not meaning to offend any guys my age btw!

LOL! To show you a 'thing or two'? :rolleyes:

No to honestly just look after me ::(: I'd look after her too though.Age doesn't always mean sexual knowledge or experience ;)

I can only speak for myself,being at the grand old age of 24.but most people are big kids in older bodies,with a smudge more maturity.Not much though lol

Danfalc

Banned
Aww that's really sweet dan. My step grandad is 10 years younger than my nan, i think he felt the same way too, it's kinda funny though when she tells him off and he goes all quiet bless him, but he likes that she looks after him and cooks for him, well he cooks for her too. :)

Aww haha,That's totally sweet about your Grandparent's.I hope I get to be as happy as that one day.I'm capable of looking after myself,have done since I was a kid,but yeah sometimes us guys, we still want to be fussed over I guess.

lol at him getting told off by her,too cute.

philly2bits

I would. Like other people have said there are more things to consider then just age. I think age really comes into play with regards to common interests. If 2 people's ages are far apart, then the chances of them having things in common start to go down. They could be simple things like what kind of music each of them like, to more important things that can only be understood if they grew up in the same era.

lunarla

Aww that's really sweet dan. My step grandad is 10 years younger than my nan, i think he felt the same way too, it's kinda funny though when she tells him off and he goes all quiet bless him, but he likes that she looks after him and cooks for him, well he cooks for her too. :)

That's adorable!

I agree with some of the other posts though, maturity really does vary regardless of your actual age. There's plenty of guys older than me that act like complete idiots and I'm not into that. And even though I'm very maternal and like the feeling of being able to look after someone, I don't really want to have to babysit. The same goes the other way too, someone could be younger and be more mature and grounded. Just depends!

For me, it's more about maturity than age. Usually someone much younger won't be mature enough, but there are exceptions- and of course exceptions to those that are older being mature enough. Like some others have said, I don't want to feel like a babysitter, or that I myself am being babied. But really overall, I think having some shared interests and being able to laugh together is key- personality is ageless.

Last edited:

iamthenra

For me because of my mothers abuse as a child. I view older ladies more authoritative and threatening, and it honestly makes me uncomfortable which is probably why I am still single. But for some odd reason I have always been much more attracted to younger ladies, probably because in my eyes they are less threatening??? IDK..... I'm a mess...::eek::

xxaimsxx

I've dated guys 2 or 3 years older but have never dated anyone older than that. A guy asked me out who was only a year younger than me but i turned him down.. :/ I like people to be older than me. Dunno why.

Emily_G

My husband is almost 9 yrs older than me :) When we met I was 17 and he was 26. I'm not sure how old I would be willing to go though.