What do females think of male virgins?

twiggle

I'd find it a breath of fresh air.

Anybody can lose their virginity. Absolutely anyone. Even if they've never been in a relationship they could go and even pay to do it.

I know of guys who have been so desperate to lose their virginity that they've paid people to have sex with them. Then they've felt more accepted by society, and more macho, because they're not a virgin (they may not necessarily tell people how they lost it).

If I meet somebody who is virgin, I actually have a lot of respect for them. I know it sounds easy to say. I was a virgin until I was 20 (well, technically I lost it when I was 17 with a guy on holiday but it was an awful, awful drunken decision which I have always regretted, so much so that I kept it a secret. I tell people I lost it when I was 20 because that was when it really meant something. But I'll tell the forum the truth!), and when I was 18/19 I often worried how people would view me for being a virgin, particularly when I started University and my new flatmates were talking about sex so I had to tell them I was a virgin. All too often people are saying "don't worry about it" and its not often a great deal of solace if you feel like everybody else is doing it.

But now I'm a little older I can see that its true.

Virgins are probably more concerned about their virginity than other people are.

As somebody who has had enough sex to be able to enjoy it (don't get me wrong, sex with somebody you love can be absolutely amazing) but its not EVERYTHING.

I haven't had sex in 2 years because there's really a LOT more to life.

And if I meet male virgins I instantly have more respect and like them a lot more because I know that they too have a life that's about other things.

Too many guys are just focussed on sex sex sex and I feel uneasy around guys like that.

Frazy91

My girlfriend was shocked when i said i was a virgin, and was really happy that i was. Makes it a lot more special when you both lose your virginity to each other.

AGR

if a guy is a virgin, and something wonderful- if a girl is a virgin. oh, double-standards!

What do you mean by this?
Sorry I couldnt understand,if anything its guys who are ridiculed by being a virgin or not being promiscuous.

WeirdyMcGee

What do you mean by this?
Sorry I couldnt understand,if anything its guys who are ridiculed by being a virgin or not being promiscuous.

Well... my quote was cut off a couple of words-- I said that a guy being a virgin is terrible--- and a girl being a virgin is wonderful.
unless I completely messed up my meaning; that is what I meant. So basically... exactly what you said.
The concept is just a ridiculous double standard though.

Last edited:

Lostinthemusic

I think the reason guys feel bad about being a virgin isnt really to do with what women think, I think its more to do with what other guys think. A lot of women probally wouldnt mind if your a virgin, but other guys will take the piss out of you and make you feel like a freak when they find out. This is probally why some people are really desperate as they feel they have to lose it to be normal and to be accepted by their peers.

As a male virgin, I agree 100%. Although I should clarify that this is mainly the case, at least for me, with douchy guys. For example, I once had a girl ask me, in front of my roommate at the time and another guy, if I was a virgin. I was honest, the guy gave me respect, the girl gave me a condescending look and preceded to have sex with my roommate later that night while the guy and I were still in the room. This was a dorm room, by the way.
The people you surround yourself with maters more than anything, in my opinion, whether girl or guy. Sometimes this can be hard to control though, unfortunately.

Dwight

For reasons I still can't figure out, I don't like virgins. I'm not and never have been promiscuous, so I don't know... the thought of an adult being a virgin just freaks me out. I don't feel any judgment towards virgins I don't think, nothing like "ew what's wrong with that person"... an alarm bell will just go off in my head and I'll want to get away. These thoughts could in some way be related to me being sexually assaulted as a child, I don't know.

Well, I suggest you to see a doctor.

Dwight

You absolutely MUST have sex before you are 20, and if you didn't, too bad, every girl will forever avoid you. Whenever you leave the house, a crowd of people will start throwing rocks at you, and loudly yell "Look, this is a virgin walking!". Of course, you won't get any dates, nobody cares about your great personality, or even looks, the only thing that matters is how many partners you had. If you had many - great, that means you are the real man, everyone wants to join the club of women you had an intercourse with.
And don't try to lie - they can just look at your eyes, and see the terrible truth. Once they know this truth, they will immediately run away, and certainly alert all their friends, that there is a virgin walking around, so that they know too. And later these people can tell their friends, and they will tell theirs. Society must be warned.
Don't despair however, you can comfort yourself with a thought that Freud had sex for the first time at age 30, Mark Twain - at 34, and Goethe - at 39, and that maybe somehow you will write a book that will make you enough money, so your virginity will be tolerated (more and less).

Felgen

All of these guys lost their virginity before MTV, magazines and chic flicks. ;) I sincerly doubt that Mark Twain's wife said: "Yeah... I'm like... totally not into virgin kind of guys!"

coyote

You absolutely MUST have sex before you are 20, and if you didn't, too bad, every girl will forever avoid you. Whenever you leave the house, a crowd of people will start throwing rocks at you, and loudly yell "Look, this is a virgin walking!". Of course, you won't get any dates, nobody cares about your great personality, or even looks, the only thing that matters is how many partners you had. If you had many - great, that means you are the real man, everyone wants to join the club of women you had an intercourse with.
And don't try to lie - they can just look at your eyes, and see the terrible truth. Once they know this truth, they will immediately run away, and certainly alert all their friends, that there is a virgin walking around, so that they know too. And later these people can tell their friends, and they will tell theirs. Society must be warned.
Don't despair however, you can comfort yourself with a thought that Freud had sex for the first time at age 30, Mark Twain - at 34, and Goethe - at 39, and that maybe somehow you will write a book that will make you enough money, so your virginity will be tolerated (more and less).

I think I saw that movie

only it was about zombies, right?

woofytalk

Well said, there's a girl out there for every guy and vice versa. In the end, being a virgin plays no real part on how a girl will think of you. It's your character that defines who you are - not your female roster.

Felgen

Well said, there's a girl out there for every guy and vice versa. In the end, being a virgin plays no real part on how a girl will think of you. It's your character that defines who you are - not your female roster.

There's 1,05 guys for every chick under 50. Not to mention the fact that serial monogamy is far more common among rich men than rich women.

AGR

Yeah its kind of true,guys are supposed to entertain and amaze girls today,take them in a "rollercoaster",not someone inexperient,I wont, they would have to like me for me,I am not a toy,I am not someones personal clown either.

bsebring

Honestly, I want a guy I can be intimate with me when I'm in bed with him. I think things will form naturally from there. I mean I don't want someone that has no idea what they're doing but he doesn't have to be perfect. Usually, if the guy's only into sex and tries too hard then he's usually too good to be true. So, with that being said, I'd much rather have a virgin that will call back the next day than someone that doesn't find sex to be that big of a deal. Especially from a social phobic's point of view..to open yourself up that much to someone else. It's a big step.

bsebring

Speaking as another male (and a virgin) here, I honestly don't think it's as big an issue as we sometimes think. If a woman really likes you, the fact that you're a virgin is not going to change that for her.

And let's be honest here; if 'experience in bed' is the only metric a woman uses to rate my attractiveness, then I don't want to be with her anyway.

>>>Exactly.

agoraphobickatie

i agree with dutchguy completely..

my current boyfriend was a virgin and had never really had a serious girlfriend before me.. i knew he was a virgin right from the start and it never changed my opinion of him one bit. it was (and still is) always my goal to make him feel comfortable and confident no matter what, he has no reason to feel nervous or intimidated, i love him either way :)

GoBlue72

i agree with dutchguy completely..

my current boyfriend was a virgin and had never really had a serious girlfriend before me.. i knew he was a virgin right from the start and it never changed my opinion of him one bit. it was (and still is) always my goal to make him feel comfortable and confident no matter what, he has no reason to feel nervous or intimidated, i love him either way :)

That's so sweet. If every woman felt this way, I'm sure a lot of guys would be more comfortable than they are. But watching Sex and The City and similar stuff, often gives the impression all women are sharing details about a man's size, duration, technique, etc.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

That's so sweet. If every woman felt this way, I'm sure a lot of guys would be more comfortable than they are. But watching Sex and The City and similar stuff, often gives the impression all women are sharing details about a man's size, duration, technique, etc.

Don't judge the world based off a TV show(s) or Hollywood. Women do talk about this stuff sure, lets not be in denial either, but there are women like Katie out there - and there are women not as sweet and awesome.

And you don't have to immediately reveal you're a virgin. Not saying to lie - but - you don't need to put a disclaimer up. Hell - you don't even need to say anything...

You want a women anyways who'll be understanding etc. who you feel can be OPEN and HONEST with like Katie said/is - esp many of us with SA/etc. - so as someone else said if someone looks down upon being a virgin or anything negative - not worth the trouble and angst anyways.

agoraphobickatie

^^ well said..

i think the thing is, when you're with someone and you love them, you start to jump ahead in a way and worry about their feelings before your own.. i guess that's why i am the way i am with my boyfriend, i'm more interested in him being comfortable and happy, and he's the same way with me.. which is a win win :)

you don't want to be with someone intimately unless they value your feelings, and if they do, you won't be running into anyone who will have a petty opinion of you being a virgin or whatever the case may be..