What do females think of male virgins?

Silentknight

Ok so I was inspired by helmaninquiels question about female virgins and decided to flip the question, So what do you think?

uhmm_doh

I'm male, but I find the question funny, so i'll answer as well :)

99.999% of male virgins are desperate to lose their virginity, and are not virgins out of choice.

If there really were a male virgin, who was quite charming, good at socializing with women etc., but still waiting for that perfect woman, I'm sure he'd get a lot of respect.

dutchguy

Speaking as another male (and a virgin) here, I honestly don't think it's as big an issue as we sometimes think. If a woman really likes you, the fact that you're a virgin is not going to change that for her.

And let's be honest here; if 'experience in bed' is the only metric a woman uses to rate my attractiveness, then I don't want to be with her anyway.

Sinar_Matahari

That they haven't had sex? Someone always has an opinion whether a person is having "too much" sex or "not enough" and none of those opinions matter. Not enough to induce stress in a person.

planemo

Popular culture has transformed virginity into a status symbol but I think it's a very personal decision. I don't think that the way movie stars and pop icons live should influence my decision on the matter. I'm not gonna give away my virginity, just because it seems like the "right" and popular thing to do, and I don't expect a girl I want to be with to do the same. In the end it's an individuals decision and what others think on the matter doesn't matter.

AGR

Well not sure about this,but me,my experience is that a guy always has to show his manhood,or interest in girls,if he doesnt want to be promiscuous or says he is waiting for the right girl he is scolded,bullied, made fun of,so it probably matters,I guess depends on the age,this made me lie a lot and also angry for a time,why tell the truth when people will not accept?
its just what the world is and this is not the kind of people the world rewards.

schist

What do females think of male virgins?

That they are to be shunned and avoided like the plague. Sad, but true.

Kinetik

It's like everything in life - it's how you package it. If you're a virgin and you let everyone know how badly you're struggling with getting laid, you're going to give off the frustrated, desperate vibes that have already been mentioned in this thread. If you choose to be at ease with it, it's not a big deal. You rarely see girls lamenting the fact that they're virgins because they often have a certain c'est la vie attitude towards it. As long as you eventually make the effort to meet people (or at least a partner) it will happen, and people should be comfortable in that knowledge. Regardless, you won't be judged provided you're relaxed about it. But when you get all riled up over it and start projecting impatience, the self-sabotaging begins - you create a negative, self-fulfilling prophecy which other people will be more than happy to jump all over and mock/criticize.

In that sense I often find that if you're stuck with something in life, try and think like the opposite sex for a moment - what would they do? What sort of attitude would they have towards it? It helps more than you'd think.

mmmm

Wow. I'm the 13th poster so I find it a little surprising that I am only the second woman to reply to this thread.

To be blunt and possibly offend some people, I must confess that there is a type of male virgin I don't like and sadly, I have met more than a few so it's not like I'm stereotyping for the hell of it. There are those who think of their virginity as this huge massive gift that any woman should be swimming around in her own tears thanking him for. I have personally never been with this kind but I have been around a few of them in social situations and heard them talk about how giving it up for the right woman will solve all their problems and finally make them happy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting around for the right one, whether it takes 20, 40, 50 years but when the moment finally comes, don't treat her like she has this DUTY to realise what a sacrifice you are making for her. If it really is such a sacrifice to lose it, then maybe you would be happier if you keep it. If she really is the right one for you and she feels the same about you (whether she is a virgin or not) then surely the real gift is each other's company. You should be able to see each other as equals no matter who has what level of experience. Remember, she neither asked nor expected you to wait for her to come along and if she really is a worthwhile as you believe, the fact that you are a virgin (or not) will be no more than a little blip at the back of her mind compared with how cool she thinks your personality is. (This all probably applies to chick virgins too).

Right, that aside. It does not really matter to me whether a guy is a virgin or not. Most guys I know (including a few who have responded to these sorts of SPW threads) seem to think that practice makes perfect and the best way to please someone is to go in with a game plan. Not true at all (at least in my case). Whether I am with a virgin or not, I know more or less what I want and I am more than capable of asking for it. It's a cliche but what women really want is a man who will listen and respond to what they hear. This applies to all aspects, including the bedroom, in which case, a virgin should be just as capable as anyone else.

Last edited:

Waybuloo

He could be a virgin but be naturally talented in bed (with the right person), so inexperience is not necessarily a deal breaker. However the desperation, and/or bitterness factor attached to (some) virgins is not attractive.

schist

I still don't understand why people attach so much value/stigma to virginity ...

Last edited:

Felgen

I for one do not understand why people attach so much stigma to it. I respect those who wait for someone they love, but then again I've never loved anyone in a romantic way. If I had waited for the "right one", then I'd still be a virgin; maybe I'd even be one for the rest of my life.

Pookah

On the continuum from promiscuous to virginity I think a woman would prefer that her partner had less past partners. Its a marker of character and also possibility of disease.