What do females think of male virgins?

coyote

...The majority of the female gender hating virgins...

uhm, dude - have you read any of the responses on here from women?

what do you base your opinion on?

have you personally asked THE MAJORITY of females - or are you just making an assumption based on the few you have encountered?

by the way - the attitudes of teenage girls are not the same as grown women in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. - at least from my experience (no offense to the teenagers here)

Felgen

I think it is a shame if this thread will be full of stereotype ways to how women or men act.

Every man or woman is different. You cant put them in a box and say, this is how it will be, because it will be different for everyone how they see things.

You'd be suprised to see just how much certain people are brainwashed by the media.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Reading the females responses to this thread is a lot more comforting then reading the males responses. I've always figured that when I find the right girl it really won't matter, which seems to be the case based on what I've read here.

Felgen

Well some people are maybe, but it is not all who is like that. Most people can think themselves

Only to a lesser extent. Product placements in movies will for instance take advantage of people's herd mentality.

Waybuloo

One of the reasons why I thought that I was going to be single forever was the fact that almost every girl and woman I spoke to absolutely loathed virgins. I could have just been sitting and reading something on a computer, and have a girl walking by, and asking me if I was a virgin. Once I said yes, that individual would be looking at me as if she wanted to break me head off of my body.

The majority of the female gender hating virgins...That's just something that makes me want to vomit. That's the kind of attitude I read about on how the soldiers in the korean war treated their prisoners.

Whenever I think about this, I'm just amazed. What did we ever do to them?! Just because we're virgins automatically means that we're the single greatest threat to them in the universe?

That is just...I can't even find a word in any language to describe it.

Oh yes, and the worst part? They treated virgins of their own gender the same way! >:O

Why do they do this?!

This situation doesn't sound normal. I've never encountered anything remotely similar to what you've described, that is i've never seen any girl go up to a guy and ask if he's a virgin. Are you talking about school or college/uni, ie a normal social environment, and not a strip club?

Waybuloo

I think the reason guys feel bad about being a virgin isnt really to do with what women think, I think its more to do with what other guys think. A lot of women probally wouldnt mind if your a virgin, but other guys will take the piss out of you and make you feel like a freak when they find out. This is probally why some people are really desperate as they feel they have to lose it to be normal and to be accepted by their peers.

Yep. Same goes for girls exerting pressure on other girls, but since guys are somewhat expected to be more promiscuous, for want of a better word, not getting sex is a bigger deal for them.

A friend

This situation doesn't sound normal. I've never encountered anything remotely similar to what you've described, that is i've never seen any girl go up to a guy and ask if he's a virgin. Are you talking about school or college/uni, ie a normal social environment, and not a strip club?

No strip club. High school & college, as well as hiking trails and other exterior environments.

Feathers

No strip club. High school & college, as well as hiking trails and other exterior environments.
Well, this sounds totally out of the ordinary situation indeed.. I've never encountered it before either.. Was this a 'normal' high school or, sorry to ask, 'special needs' people or something like that? (some of those can be pretty blunt, though usually more well-meaning than this, most people with special needs are quite adorable!)

Or was it a 'popular crowd' making fun of 'less experienced than they were'? Maybe one or a few of those girls had a crush on you? Or thought you or your mates were being arrogant for not wanting them? (And attacked because felt rejected etc. because none of you guys hit on them and it made them feel unattractive/bored?)

Some promiscuous people can feel 'threatened' or 'attacked' as if people less promiscuous could make them feel bad about themselves etc. Some more 'righteous' people (like my dad or some very religious people) can call the more promiscuous people 'slutty' (though it may not be the truth), some people can feel 'attacked'.. Not sure if you know what I mean?

They think we're something infinitly more evil than satan, and that we're the key to something that's so bad that they'd regret the day that they were born. That's how most of them acted towards me and my friends when we told them that we were virgins, despite the fact that we had no romantic or sexual interest in them whatsoever. The stupid part that I was 17 when I experienced that extreme ridicule from telling the girls that I was a virgin. I wasn't even a legal adult!!
I've never encountered such a situation either, where girls would be just randomly asking people this-? Of course you always have the right to not answer too - like just say, 'Top secret'. Or something like that?
Or even, if you're mean, 'That's for me to know and for you to never to find out.' (though this could make'em meaner too, hehe.. or just get 'em to back off?)

Were the girls 17 too, or older? Very attractive and 'popular' crowd, or just girls in your clique or something? If you look at the reasons behind it, it could be several different reasons..

One of the reasons why I thought that I was going to be single forever was the fact that almost every girl and woman I spoke to absolutely loathed virgins. I could have just been sitting and reading something on a computer, and have a girl walking by, and asking me if I was a virgin. Once I said yes, that individual would be looking at me as if she wanted to break me head off of my body.
How many girls were that? 1-3, 5, 20? 30+ or 100? Did they know each other? (Could it be they knew it was a 'sensitive point' for you and it was just plain 'bullying'? (They couldn't find anything else so they got hung on that?)

The majority of the female gender hating virgins...
Sorry but I have to disagree with that. I've never spoken to anyone who'd say she hated virgins. And I know a lot of girls.
But maybe it's different if you're 17, on certain schools.. Is this a 4-year or 3-year program, more 'low income' kids that would soon end up knocked up single mums on the streets or kids going off to study and have careers etc? I'm just flabbergasted, is all..

That's just something that makes me want to vomit. That's the kind of attitude I read about on how the soldiers in the korean war treated their prisoners.
Well, if that's how you've been treated by women/girls, no wonder you have a bad opinion of this and yourself.. Please know there are MANY girls out there, who are NOT like that!!

Whenever I think about this, I'm just amazed.
Yup, me too. It's sounds just plain 'bullying' (?)

What did we ever do to them?! Just because we're virgins automatically means that we're the single greatest threat to them in the universe?
As said above, maybe they thought you were of the proud Christian variety who wanted everyone to be Christian and 'pure' too, and they felt threatened.. Or had bad experience with other Christian people (like church leaders or youth leaders or kids..) Were they religious or not? Anti-religion/atheist/wicca/'all goes' liberal or...?
Yup, political views and worldviews may make a difference too..

That is just...I can't even find a word in any language to describe it.

Oh yes, and the worst part? They treated virgins of their own gender the same way! >:O

Why do they do this?!

Sounds like at least one or a few of them may have even been abused as a kid, and may have gotten a very weird view of life, love & sexuality etc. We live in a very 'over-sexed' society, so many TV shows, videos, etc just 'pushing' young people into things too soon, when they are not even emotionally ready... making them think it's the normal way to be... (?) Things can get distorted.. Why do people bully? To make themselves feel less bad, to impress friends/clique/people of a perceived 'higher status' (own or another clique).. Some may have extreme low self-esteem or 'overblown self-esteem', too spoilt as a kid, odd parents who didn't teach'em right when they were little...? Lots of options.. Difficult to say though the computer, it seems that their behavior says more about them than about you or any other guy.

And I hate to think what a partner or husband of one of those girls must be going through?? uhh..??

Last edited:

A friend

Well, this sounds totally out of the ordinary situation indeed.. I've never encountered it before either.. Was this a 'normal' high school or, sorry to ask, 'special needs' people or something like that? (some of those can be pretty blunt, though usually more well-meaning than this, most people with special needs are quite adorable!)

Not to sound insane, but you might find this to be really disturbing....

It was a standard high-school in a decent neighborhood, not a "special needs" highschool for the people who were born with a few defects (it's lame that those kids and adults have those misfortunes).

Despite the fact that the students of this highschool were able to learn algebra, and advanced biology, they still acted very strange outside of class...and some of them behaved violently towards me and others, even though a lot of them had above average report cards...

Or was it a 'popular crowd' making fun of 'less experienced than they were'? Maybe one or a few of those girls had a crush on you? Or thought you or your mates were being arrogant for not wanting them? (And attacked because felt rejected etc. because none of you guys hit on them and it made them feel unattractive/bored?)

I don't know what they were thinking, or their motivation for acting like that. High school students should NOT act that immature to begin with. And it wasn't a popular crowd either.

Some promiscuous people can feel 'threatened' or 'attacked' as if people less promiscuous could make them feel bad about themselves etc. Some more 'righteous' people (like my dad or some very religious people) can call the more promiscuous people 'slutty' (though it may not be the truth), some people can feel 'attacked'.. Not sure if you know what I mean?

That's....strange.

Were the girls 17 too, or older? Very attractive and 'popular' crowd, or just girls in your clique or something? If you look at the reasons behind it, it could be several different reasons..

They were pretty much of all age groups, and they weren't of the popular crowd either. There were only a few that had fine appearances, the rest of them didn't have appealing looks...

How many girls were that? 1-3, 5, 20? 30+ or 100? Did they know each other? (Could it be they knew it was a 'sensitive point' for you and it was just plain 'bullying'? (They couldn't find anything else so they got hung on that?)
More than 20, and I don't remeber them knowing each other....

Sorry but I have to disagree with that. I've never spoken to anyone who'd say she hated virgins. And I know a lot of girls.
But maybe it's different if you're 17, on certain schools.. Is this a 4-year or 3-year program, more 'low income' kids that would soon end up knocked up single mums on the streets or kids going off to study and have careers etc?

Well, if that's how you've been treated by women/girls, no wonder you have a bad opinion of this and yourself.. Please know there are MANY girls out there, who are NOT like that!!
I didn't really say I had a bad opinion on myself...

Yup, me too. It's sounds just plain 'bullying' (?)

As said above, maybe they thought you were of the proud Christian variety who wanted everyone to be Christian and 'pure' too, and they felt threatened.. Or had bad experience with other Christian people (like church leaders or youth leaders or kids..) Were they religious or not? Anti-religion/atheist/wicca/'all goes' liberal or...?
Yup, political views and worldviews may make a difference too..
I don't really display my religon anywhere, or with anyone.

Sounds like at least one or a few of them may have even been abused as a kid, and may have gotten a very weird view of life, love & sexuality etc. We live in a very 'over-sexed' society, so many TV shows, videos, etc just 'pushing' young people into things too soon, when they are not even emotionally ready... making them think it's the normal way to be... (?) Things can get distorted.. Why do people bully? To make themselves feel less bad, to impress friends/clique/people of a perceived 'higher status' (own or another clique).. Some may have extreme low self-esteem or 'overblown self-esteem', too spoilt as a kid, odd parents who didn't teach'em right when they were little...? Lots of options.. Difficult to say though the computer, it seems that their behavior says more about them than about you or any other guy.

And I hate to think what a partner or husband of one of those girls must be going through?? uhh..??

Or...maybe they're just born evil from the start...but...

Well, there's a lot of people who are afraid of what they don't understand, and maybe they (and others) probably don't understand why me, and many others were still virgins.

Maybe that's why there's a lot of fear towards people who are virgins, because they don't understand, how, or why they have their virginity.

But I do want to say this (kind of quoting Kiwong in a way): Virginity is not a curse that needs to be removed.

And people shouldn't fear, or hate virgins because they can't find someone who wants to have intercourse with them. I don't really think it's their fault to begin with (why they still have their virginity, regardless of age).

Last edited:

Feathers

Not to sound insane, but you might find this to be really disturbing....

It was a standard high-school in a decent neighborhood, not a "special needs" highschool for the people who were born with a few defects (it's lame that those kids and adults have those misfortunes).

Despite the fact that the students of this highschool were able to learn algebra, and advanced biology, they still acted very strange outside of class...and some of them behaved violently towards me and others, even though a lot of them had above average report cards...
Well yeah, that *is* kinda disturbing indeed.. very odd!!

I don't know what they were thinking, or their motivation for acting like that. High school students should NOT act that immature to begin with. And it wasn't a popular crowd either.
agree.

They were pretty much of all age groups, and they weren't of the popular crowd either. There were only a few that had fine appearances, the rest of them didn't have appealing looks...
Well, maybe that explains some of it.. You said you weren't bad-looking in another thread, so maybe it was just their weird (and highly improper!) way of hitting on you and trying to convince you to change your ways or hook up with (at least one of) them (did any one of them have a big crush on you or your mate or something?)

More than 20, and I don't remeber them knowing each other....
Very weird indeed.. Were they all from the same class or different classes etc?

I didn't really say I had a bad opinion on myself...
haha okay.. I gathered that from the other thread.. Well, sometimes bullying does cause wounds, and they're not always immediately seen, that's kinda what I meant..

I don't really display my religon anywhere, or with anyone.
Well, maybe it was just their experience with other religious people then..
Or...maybe they're just born evil from the start...but...
Haha, maybe.. Though I don't really believe in very many evil people, usually just stupidity and bad upbringing or such..

Well, there's a lot of people who are afraid of what they don't understand, and maybe they (and others) probably don't understand why me, and many others were still virgins.

Maybe that's why there's a lot of fear towards people who are virgins, because they don't understand, how, or why they have their virginity.
Yup, well put.

But I do want to say this (kind of quoting Kiwong in a way): Virginity is not a curse that needs to be removed.

And people shouldn't fear, or hate virgins because they can't find someone who wants to have intercourse with them.
Totally agree.. There has been some mythical 'fear' from the long ages ago connected to it though - like in religions (how Mary got Jesus) or Queen Elizabeth wanted to be known as 'the virgin queen' - to show no one was 'her king' or 'above' her.. it was an element of superiority connected to that.. even some anthropologists wrote about it, or maybe Freud, I forgot.. maybe it's somewhat engrained in some people's consciousness too, dunno..

I don't really think it's their fault to begin with (why they still have their virginity, regardless of age).
Well, in a way for some it could be 'their fault' or 'partly choice' - meaning they are selective, which is a good thing. Personally, I think being selective is better than not being selective enough!! (Though sometimes one can be over-perfectionistic and over-selective too... speaking from my own experience)

Someone in this post said that guys shouldn't be 'overly proud' of it either.. Well, maybe they were just expressing frustration with it too.. It's not easy to be selective and wait for someone 'right' sometimes.. Though I agree it's not something to get overly arrogant about either. Just something that is a part of you..
I think many people (guys and girls) may ascribe too much importance to it.. (?) Or just don't know anything better to talk about (?)

Streifen

I don't really think anything of it. I've known people my age and older who were still virgins and enough of them that it doesn't seem odd to me.

Doesn't faze me. But usually men are not virgins by choice. Very rarely you'll find a guy thats waiting for marriage, if thats the case thats admirable. If its because he hasn't found a girl that wants to sleep with him to me it's still not a big deal. I wouldn't think somethings wrong with him.

harlseq

I think only very shallow, superficial, and (for lack of a better word) unpleasant girls would actually hold that against a male if it came down to it. I do imagine that most women would probably be a little surprised at first if you say that you're a 30 year old man who is still a virgin, but most would probably get over it pretty quick if there's any kind of connection whatsoever.

WeirdyMcGee

Everyone is a virgin at some point~ gotta start somewhere.

...and practice makes perfect.

Really, it shouldn't be that big of a deal but for some reason, people always make it out to be something horrible- if a guy is a virgin, and something wonderful- if a girl is a virgin. oh, double-standards!

Richey

if i met a girl that had had many relationships in the past then i probably wouldn't want to know.

in fact its probably better if neither parties admit to anything and they just live in the moment instead. if a girl was to start informing me, i'd probably just say "don't tell me"..