What book are you currently reading?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I’ve had The Exorcist and Legion sitting around on my HD for a couple of weeks now. I want to put them on my Nook but haven’t gotten around to setting it up yet. It’s pretty bad when speed-bumps become walls. ha ha

Silatuyok

Last night I finished reading What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson. I was a little disappointed in most of the book, but the whole part describing the protagonist's trip into Hell to find his wife was pretty amazing. He really captured the feelings of depression and insanity, and created this powerful allegory with all these lost souls stuck in the mire of their own negative thinking. If nothing else, I would recommend that everyone read at least that one section of the book: "This Mortal Coil."

Rawz

9780061438295_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Ithior

2nd volume of Spice and Wolf. Started writing down the words I don't know and their meanings instead of simply looking them up on a dictionary. There's a lot of words I've never seen before. I can usually comprehend the sentence but sometimes I just completely misinterpret the meaning because of that one word I didn't know. It makes this a pretty slow read but enjoyable nonetheless.

Ithior

Reading the first volume of Golden Time, but it's an amateur translation so there are some grammatical mistakes every now and then. At least it doesn't have rare words that I often find in english books. By rare I mean that you won't hear or read them a lot when browsing the internet or watching TV shows. For example: victual, hearken, hewn, adroitly, reverie, chagrin, thatch, dither. These are words I found just in the first 30 pages of an officially translated book, and I have many more words written down that I can't be bothered to write here.

Naesala

I`m reading a historical book about the time after Nero`s reign. Ever since watching Spartacus on tv, its all about Romans for me lately. I don`t know the title right now, the book is in my bag. :)

MikeyC

So far so good. Premise is a bit strange but I think it's unique. Interested to see how the rest of the novel plays out.

AS-mmag-book-3-300x0.jpg

images

The one the movie Psycho is based on. I have to read it for class and I was supposed to be done by last week, so the major twist in the book was ruined for me when we discussed it in class (I haven't seen the movie either). Norman is... Oh, right, I shouldn't say ;) Most of you probably know though because of thr movie. Great book though; I can only imagine how much better it would have been if I hadn't known that... you know ;)

toowilling

I am currently reading the book by Mitch Albom which is "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". I'm actually learning as I go through this book. It is very interesting. It is a wonderful moving fable which deals about the meaning of life, and the exact feeling with life after death. When I'm done with this, Maybe I'll start with "Tuesdays with Morrie".